Search This Blog

Featured Post

Q&A: Which of The Ordinary Serums That Are Suitable For My Skintype? / What Are Your Recommendations?

Assalamualaikum and hello my lovely Pah people So since I have been selling The Ordinary serums, a lot of people ask me which serum...

Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Review: Make Up For Ever Step 1 Skin Equalizer - Mattifying Primer

Assalamualaikum and hello my lovely readerssss


It's Tuesday. You know what time it is. Hahahasdkjsadas. I'm so lame these few days. I'm really sorry. So I've been using this primer for a few times now and I think it is time for me to write a review on it. So yeah. Let's get started.

PRODUCT INFO

STEP1 is the range of skin equalizers developed to refine, smooth and even out. Our exclusive Equalizer Complex delivers 3 key actions:
- APPLICATION : makeup goes on seamlessly
- RESULT : optimized color & finish
- WEAR: longer staying power

MATTIFYING PRIMER is the answer to unwanted shine, fighting against excess oil to ensure a matte makeup result. Formulated with our specific Sebustop Vegetal Complex, this first step equalizer instantly reduces pore size and controls shine for a flawless makeup all day long.

REVIEW


So I was lucky to get a voucher from Zalora for 50 bucks and I decided to buy this mofo because it has so many good reviews. You see, I don't like to spend that much on primers but if it's good, it should be good.

This primer's texture is quite weird, it is quite sticky but once it's dry out you won't feel it on your skin. I'm not sure if it is clogging pores but you know if you feel the texture of course you will say that this primer is comedogenic. I noticed if I use Beauty Blender or beauty sponge, the foundation will blend in quite nicely but if I use brushes, this primer will get rolled up on your skin. I don't know how to explain it but you can see it's crumbling down. Oh and it's not really a pore filling primer so that's a bummer.

It really is mattifying but on me it's not long lasting at all. My face still looks oily after 3 hours, I am quite disappointed. Some people said you need to let it dry after you apply it, but I did wait but it still won't work on me. It does not pro long my foundation what so ever. The Nivea Men Post Shave Balm works better.

Also some people complaint that this break them out. I am not sure if I have any breakouts from this because as I was breaking out it is almost "time of the month". So it's hard to say which one made me breakout. LOL. 

Final thoughts: I'm not impressed with this primer at all. It is fucking pricey so I kinda disappointed about it. I know it does work for some people but I am just bummed that it's not working for me. *sad face* I might consider selling this primer so if you guys want to try this just let me know and we'll negotiate okay? Hahahah.

Rating: ★★☆☆☆

So yeah. That's it guys. I hope this helps you in any way. Thanks for reading.


-iffahs



More info:

3 comments:

  1. I love how honest you are about the Make Up Forever primer . Quite surprised about the review since the Make Up Forever are so famous among beauty youtubers. But, hey i have similiar skin problem, i'll skip this one, thanks for sharing your review :) i definitely will get the Nivea Men Post Shave Balm for primer and i'm still searching and hunting for the best one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you :) tp betul jugak tak semua boleh ngam with something something kan. hehehe. me too im still searching for the right one. hey if you jumpa, share with me pls :D

      Delete
  2. Your welcome. :) Ya, depends on skin chemistry la. I will! if i found them Hehe

    ReplyDelete