Search This Blog

Featured Post

Q&A: Which of The Ordinary Serums That Are Suitable For My Skintype? / What Are Your Recommendations?

Assalamualaikum and hello my lovely Pah people So since I have been selling The Ordinary serums, a lot of people ask me which serum...

Tuesday, December 29, 2015

First Impression/Review: Sephora Collection Reusable Wipe for Removing Makeup

Assalamualaikum and hello my pretty ladies! And gents... Or anything... Ok...


As promised, posting 3 times this week okay? LOL. I haven't done a first impression slash review in a while so I thought heyyy since I bought so many new things, let's just do it. Do it do it do it.

Okay, so I went to Sephora recently just to purchase Benefit Hoola Bronzer... Hahaha... Hahah.... Hahahhahaha.... HAHAHAHHA..... Yeap only Benefit Hoola Bronzer. Well whatever. LOL. I was broke but I just need to splurge 1 makeup item since it is my birthday month and all... LOL. Then I saw this reusable wipe thingy at the checkout counter. I never actually see other people using it before so I figured why not I do first impression on it, kan? OMG.

So let's!

PRODUCT INFO

- Washable and reusable, this is an ideal alternative to cotton wool pads. Its soft and silky texture ensures a gentle action. It can also be used for removing face masks and makeup. It resists stains and stays hygienic for facial use. Upon drying, it turns into a hard texture to prevent bacteria from forming.

Benefits
- Comes in a reusable transparent plastic cover
- Contains a soft cotton-like texture
- Product lasts for months with good care

Instruction for use

- Either apply a makeup remover product to the face / dampen the wipe / remove the product by passing the wipe over the whole face and neck
- Or apply the makeup remover directly to the previously dampened wipe then pass the wipe over your whole face and neck

Washable in soap and water dries in  the open air, hardens when dry and recovers its soft texture when wet

REVIEW

So, this cloth is like very hard. Like, how the f do I remove makeup? Then I read the instructions and what not, you're supposed to soak it in the water to make it softer. Was pretty impressed on how it changed from hard to soft, really intrigued me.


This thing feels like a freaking sand paper. I'm not freaking kidding you. I can't even unfold this mother f.


After I soak it in the water, it feels like spongy, silky... I don't know how to describe it but it's really unique. It's pretty soft.

Demo as below:
FORGIVE MY OILY FACE OMG THIS IS FRICKIN HORRIBLE *emoji ternganga terkejut*

Left: full face makeup
Right: wiped half of my face


Left: after i wiped my whole face
Right: after i clean the wipe

First impression: Wow this wipe is quite durable, I don't think it's gonna break easily even if I soak it in the water. I guess. LOL.

Okay so I only apply cleansing water as usual on the wipe, pretty small amount because you know I am a bit stingy. LOL. When I use it around my eyes, it's not as harsh as your typical cotton pads. I am actually impressed with this wipe. It did pretty good job and usually I use 2 wipes only for the eyes if I have like a heavy eye makeup on. Kalau tak pon, still 2 wipes for the whole face tu pon dah macam barai habis.

I managed to put cleansing water for the eyes and cleansing milk for the rest of my face using that one wipe only because it is pretty large and you can actually wipe 2 faces with this one wipe but I don't recommend ya'll to share... Obvi. LOL. It is an amazing product. I know some people use sponges, like the face sponges that you can find in any beauty stores. It's cheaper than this wipe of course but the durability is just mehhh. You use like what, few times and the sponge will get so freaking disgusting and break or tear anywhere like bitch, I don't have time for that.

But if you did some mathematical shit, this type of reusable thingy only lasts for 6 months? That is if it gets moldy and disgusting. So for 6 months, you paid this wipe for 24 bucks. 24/6= RM4/month. Let's say if you use the cotton pads from Watson's... Normal price would be 12 bucks at least. And I'm not sure how long this last... Let's just assume 1 pack of 150s is for a month and a half... So that would be RM4 for 1 month and a half. Same same but the disposable ones are much cheaper? But if you're all about the environment and shit, I think this reusable pad is quite economical too. Either way, they are totally SFYW. SAFE FOR YOUR WALLET. Hah. Can I TM this. LOL

Oh yeah, how do I wash this motherf? Just soak it in the water with soap and just scrub em with your fingers and voila, clean as f. Of course got lil bit of makeup leftover but if you scrub it with your fingers then should be okay.

PROS: Not too harsh on the eye area, silky texture, quite soft weee. Economical and great for the environment. Gituuu.

CONS: You have to soak it in the water first and then wash it after use it and let it dry. It's a lot of work. Not great for travelling



Final thoughts: I actually love it even though it's a lot of work. But I love it! Now I can use both cleansing water and cleansing milk on the same wipe! I hate to waste cotton pads so yeah I think this product is pretty convenient. I do recommend this to anyone who does not want to waste money on cotton pads. #safefortheenvironments #savethetrees #waithowdoidisposeofthiswipe


Rating: ★★★★☆


So yeah. I hope this will help you guys in any way.

Thank you for reading. xoxo

-iffahs


MOOOARRRRR

No comments:

Post a Comment