Search This Blog

Featured Post

Q&A: Which of The Ordinary Serums That Are Suitable For My Skintype? / What Are Your Recommendations?

Assalamualaikum and hello my lovely Pah people So since I have been selling The Ordinary serums, a lot of people ask me which serum...

Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Review: Lorac PRO Palette

Assalamualaikum and hello my pretty ladies <3


Weeee as you all know, this palette was in my December faves. Ahhhhhh. It is my birthday gift to myself. Hahahaha. Biasalah.

Anyways, let's jump right into it!~~

PRODUCT INFO

Go PRO with the LORAC PRO Palette! Created by celebrity makeup artist Carol Shaw, this PRO artistry palette is packed with 8 shimmer and 8 matte eye shadows in all the shades you need to create the hottest looks straight from the Red Carpet. LORAC's velvety-smooth shadows are infused with soothing botanicals and are ultra-pigmented to perform wet or dry so you can shade, shadow, line and define your eyes, just like a PRO. PRO Palette contains 16 Eye Shadows and a Mini Behind The Scenes Eye Primer for stay-true color that lasts, a PRO must-have!


Shades Include:

Top Row (Matte): White, Cream, Taupe, Light Pink, Mauve, Sable, Espresso and Black
Bottom Row (Shimmer): Nude, Champagne, Gold, Light Bronze, Pewter, Garnet, Deep Purple and Slate.

INGREDIENTS

PRO Palette Eye Shadow: Talc, Zinc Stearate, Dimethicone, Mineral Oil, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Boron Nitride, Silica, Methicone, Kaolin, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Methylparaben, Water (Aqua), Lauroyl Lysine, Propylparaben, Propylene Glycol, Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Fruit Extract, Carum Petroselinum (Parsley) Extract, Echinacea Purpurea Extract, Citrus Medica Limonum (Lemon) Peel Extract, Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract, Althaea Officinalis Root Extract. May Contain: Mica, Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Ferric Ferrocyanide (CI 77510), Carmine (CI 75470).

Reference (source from Skindeep)
Low Hazard
Moderate Hazard
High Hazard

REVIEW

This is actually my first high end eyeshadow palette. I know some people said Urban Decay's Naked palettes have to be your first but I don't want to. I know they're great palettes but I have been eyeing this Lorac Pro Palette because the shades are just so gorgeous and UD Naked palettes only have like 12 eyeshadows and this Lorac has like 16 freaking eyeshadows. Yeah they're pretty small but they are cheaper than the Naked ones. It actually came with a primer. It was quite good. My eyeshadows did last quite a long time without creasing.

So this palette has 8 matte eyeshadows at the top row and 8 shimmery eyeshadows at the bottom row. Let's talk about the matte shades first. They have White, Cream, Taupe, Light Pink, Mauve, Sable, Espresso and Black. Okay I'm going to refer Temptalia site on the shade descriptions because like I said a million times before, I'm just bad at it. Hahaha. So bear with me. White is basically a white eyeshadow. LOL it is a "crisp, slightly cool-toned white". Cream is a "pale beige with subtle, warm undertones" eyeshadow. Taupe is "warm-toned, medium-dark brown with a hint of gray" eyeshadow. Then we have Light Pink, literally light pink. It is described as "pale, light pink with cool undertones". Mauve is... Mauve, duh. It is a "muted, pink-plum" eyeshadow. Sable is a "medium-dark, warm-toned brown" eyeshadow. Espresso, yes, espresso color. LOL. It is described as "deep, dark taupe–a cool-toned, gray cast overwhelms the very dark brown base". Lastly, Black is basically frickin Black. It is a "medium-dark black" eyeshadow. Wow the name shades kinda actually describe the color themselves. LOL.


Okay now, the shimmery shades. We have Nude, Champagne, Gold, Light Bronze, Pewter, Garnet, Deep Purple and Slate. Nude is a "warm, champagne beige with a frosted finish" eyeshadow. Champagne is a "slightly rose-tinted and champagne-colored", also similar to Nude shade but has glitter but just a bit not too glittery. Gold is literally gold. It is a "rich, medium-dark copper with a frosted, slightly metallic". Light Bronze is a "warm-toned peach with yellow undertones and a frosted finish". Then Pewter. Pewter is a "medium-dark brown with mostly neutral undertones–the top layer seems almost cool-toned, but the undertone seems slightly golden". Garnet is a "medium-dark, muted copper with reddish-brown undertones and a metallic sheen". Deep Purple is "blackened purple with subtle, warm brown undertones and a dusting of plum micro-shimmer". Slate is a "deepened, cool-toned charcoal gray with flecks of teal micro-shimmer".


I loooove the packaging of this palette. It is very sleek, it's kinda rubbery... Which is mehhh if you touch your foundations ke apa ke nanti ada fingerprints and whatnot. LOL. It actually felt high end. LOL. Everything about this palette is bae.

The eyeshadows quality? It was okay. I mean, yeah it's freaking great but unfortunately it's really powdery. Yeah of course you have high expectation on high end products that they won't be so powdery... Ya know. But thankfully it is VERY pigmented and goes on really smooth and so buttery. It is just the perfect consistency. I don't really know how other high end eyeshadows feel like but this is pretty great to be honest.

My favourite shades: Cream, Taupe, Mauve, Sable, Espresso, Nude, Champagne, Gold, Light Bronze

My least favourite shades: Slate (no reason, I just don't like the color LOL)

My go to look is to use cream all over my lid and I'll put Mauve or Taupe in the crease. I will put Sable on the outer corner. And if I feel like deepen the crease, I will use Espresso on the outer corner after Sable. For all over the lid/inner corner, I love to use the Nude or Champagne shade. For my undereyes, I use Mauve first and then Sable or Espresso if I want it to be darker.

If it's a lazy day, I just put Cream all over and Taupe/Mauve in the crease. That's it.


I can't remember what shades I used.................

Other looks: 1 , 2

I haven't played that much but if I do, I will post here ok.

Final thoughts: I love this palette. I think it's worth every penny. It's not as pricey as the UD ones, but I would love to have one but not now... LOL. I'm really glad I bought this palette. The shades are amazing... Ahh it's just perfect. I can't stress it enough, it's a must have palette. Yassss!

Rating: ★★★★★


I guess that's all I wanted to share. I hope you guys find this helpful in any way.

Thank you for reading!

-iffahs


MOOOOAAAARRRRR

No comments:

Post a Comment