Search This Blog

Featured Post

Q&A: Which of The Ordinary Serums That Are Suitable For My Skintype? / What Are Your Recommendations?

Assalamualaikum and hello my lovely Pah people So since I have been selling The Ordinary serums, a lot of people ask me which serum...

Thursday, February 18, 2016

Review: Innisfree Jeju Volcanic Blackhead Out Balm

Assalamualaikum and hello my beautiful people!


Well, this post was supposed to be up yesterday but I was busy... So yeah. Yayyy #reviewsweek. This will be the last one for this week unfortunately. My precious time is needed for something else. LOL.

Anyways, I would like to share my thoughts on this product. Hehe. You know lah, blackheads ain't pretty. I have large pores so blackheads kira macam BFF pulak dengan muka aku. Ok. So yeah let's story story more.

PRODUCT INFO

What it is? Blackheads balm with oil massage

- Clears the nose free of blackheads. 
The balm melts as you roll it onto the skin, and dissolves the blackheads, clearing your skin. 

- Washable-melting type 
The washable-type balm makes it easy to use, with fresh finish for oily skin. 

- Jeju volcanic cluster with strong sebum absorption 
This precious nature oriented Jeju volcanic clusters are stronger than technology and red clay in skin clearing from the pores.

How to use
Before cleansing, apply an appropriate amount onto areas where blackheads are concentrated. Use fingertips to massage for 3~5 minutes and use the cleansing foam and lukewarm water to rinse off afterwards.

INGREDIENTS

Mineral Oil, Cetyl Ethylhexanoate, PEG-20 Glyceryl Triisostear, Polyethylene, Tocopheryl Acetate, Citrus Unshiu Peel Extract, Orchid Extract, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Amellia Japonica Leaf Extract. Opuntia Coccinelifera Fruit Extract, Caprylyl Glycol, Glyceryl Caprylate, Volcanic Ash, Silica, Fragrance, Phenoxyethanol

Reference (source from Skindeep)
Low Hazard
Moderate Hazard
High Hazard

REVIEW

So I was browsing in Hermo.my to find more Innisfree products. I saw someone tweeted about their loose powder, almost a dupe for Make Up For Ever HD powder. But that's another story my friends. Lol. Then I found this blackhead balm. I thought it was interesting since I never buy a product like this. So yeah. This retails for about RM26. Not sure dekat Innisfree store berapa tapi kalau online RM25++ macam tu.


So, the texture and consistency is white creamy balm. You would assume a balm won't be so oily but this balm is super duper oily as the main ingredient is mineral oil and we should avoid that actually. LOL. When you put it between your fingers, it melts and turn into oily oil? Haha. I don't know but it's oily lah.


I use the balm with the green thing, it's like a scrubby thingy. Bought it at MR DIY for RM2.50. SO STINKIN CHEAP

First impression: Very oily and a bit messy. Rubbed for 1-2 mins (instruction was 3-5mins). When I rub my face, I can see white stuff coming out. Don't really know where it was coming from. LOL. After washing my face, it felt so smooth and fresh.

But does it really work? Did it remove all of my blackheads? Unfortunately no. Maybe it did remove like 25% but not even near 60% ya know? Then I tried it again and same result every fricking time. Then I got frustrated, I actually tried it as a makeup cleansing balm. Also not working. It's fricking oily and it didn't remove my makeup completely so that's a fail. LOL.

To be honest, I didn't do any research on this product before buying. I didn't even know the main ingredient is fricking mineral oil.

Pros: Face feels a lot smoother.

Cons: Main ingredients is mineral oil, not really effective in removing blackheads and makeup.

Final thoughts: It is an affordable product from Innisfree but it didn't work on me. I think the Innisfree Super Volcanic Clay Mousse Mask works so much better for blackheads. Get that one instead. Don't buy this. This is crap compared to the clay mousse mask. LOL.

Rating: ★★☆☆☆


So yeah. I guess that's all I wanted to share.

Hope it will help you guys in any way.

Thank you for reading. <3


-iffahs

MOOOOAAAARRRR

No comments:

Post a Comment