Search This Blog

Featured Post

Q&A: Which of The Ordinary Serums That Are Suitable For My Skintype? / What Are Your Recommendations?

Assalamualaikum and hello my lovely Pah people So since I have been selling The Ordinary serums, a lot of people ask me which serum...

Monday, April 11, 2016

My Makeup Stash: Face Powders

Assalamualaikum and hello my pretty readers <3


I have been thinking what makeup stash I would do next and I haven't share face powders. I don't have a lot of them but I will share with you guys what are my thoughts and whatnot.

I'm so sorry for the late update, supposed to post this yesterday but was soooo busy the whole day... But I'm here now! Let's get on it!


I only have a few to share. Haha. Few pon banyak jugak Pah oiiii. Okay let's start!

1. Revlon New Complexion Loose Powder




Price: RM59.25
Weight: 30g (RM1.97/g)
Related links: Makeup Alley , Watson's

I have been using this loose powder for years, I love it. It's not as finely mild as Bourjois loose powder. I don't own them but I felt the sample texture, it was quite finely mild. But the Revlon one is good enough for me. I use for baking and it is just perfect. I don't look super white or whatever, it's pretty good. If I'm not mistaken, they have only 2 shades available here in Malaysia. I used it on my clients with deeper skintone than me and it did leave a white cast. I'm considering to buy the RCMA No Color Powder... But I don't know yet. LOL. That one is quite cheap because you get a lot of product.

This powder is affordable, it is pricey for a loose powder but you get a lot of product in it so it is worth your money. It's not mattifying but it's quite transparent on me. It does not have a lot of coverage or pigments, so it's a perfect powder for setting your foundation. Not cakey at all.


2. Bourjois Healthy Balance Unifying Powder



Price: RM46.50
Weight: 9g (RM5.17/g)

This pressed powder smells soooo fricking good. It gives pretty good coverage so if you're lazy to put on some makeup, you may use this for all over your face to even out your skintone and whatnot. This powder only has like 4 shades, not sure how many shades we have here in Malaysia but... Yeah. I'm in the shade 53 Light Beige. It's not that light for me, matches my skintone well. Quite pleasant on my skin, If I want more coverage, I would use a damp sponge to apply it on.

This powder is a bit on the pricier side, but it was okay I guess. It's not a mattifying powder tho. It can look cakey if you're not careful with it. Kalau sapu macam pakai mask, boleh jadi cakey. Just know how much you should put on your face or use a damp sponge to blend it out. 

3. IN2IT Oil Control & Oil Free Face Powder - Soft Beige



Price: Assuming it costs around 20-30 -- I can't find any info on it. Sorry! :'(
Weight: 7g (if RM25 a pc, RM3.57/g)
Related links: (can't find any info on it)

This IN2IT face powder has a pretty decent coverage but the shades are kinda... mehhh. This shade is actually lighter than my skintone. I don't hate it or like it, it didn't control my oil or whatever. I just use it to touch up and all.

It's an average price face powder but I don't really recommend this as it is totally not an oil control powder at all. For me at least. Since it has a good coverage, it can be a little cakey.

4. Essence Mattifying Compact Powder






Price: RM17.90
Weight: 12g / 0.42oz (RM1.49/g)
Related links: Essence website ,  Makeup Alley

This is one of my favourite compact powder. It isn't that great but if I use it for touching up my makeup, I won't look so cakey because it is quite finely mild. Not that finely mild but it just blends in your makeup you know? I used to use it to set my undereyes and it didn't crease. I love it.

This face powder is quite cheap compared to other face powders I've tried. I loooove it. It's just so light on your face, it's a perfect setting powder if you don't like having too much product on your face.

5. L'Oreal Mat Magique BB Veil Finishing Powder



Price: RM33.90
Weight: 7g (RM4.84/g)
Related links: L'Oreal website

I bought it because I swatched it in Watson's and I fell in love with the texture. It's very soft, finely mild, feel so velvety ya know? It's one of the cheapest face powders that L'Oreal has ya know. I love it.

It is a more affordable than other L'Oreal face powders and it gives light to medium coverage. I can totally getaway with just using this on my face. It evens out my skintone. It's not that mattifying but it's a decent face powder. Again, I use damp sponge to get more coverage and look natural at the same time. LOL

6. L'Oreal True Match Super Blendable Powder



Price: RM51.84
Weight: 9g (RM5.72/g)
Related links: Watson's

I bought this online from Guardian. Sometimes they have online offer and whatnot and it's so damn easy to just order stuff from Guardian. I love Guardian for that. LOL. Ok. This face powder is technically a "powder foundation". It provides more coverage than other face powders. It's not as finely mild as the L'Oreal Mat Magique BB Veil, totally different texture and whatnot. I don't hate it, I think I bought the wrong shade. It's not that bad but I think it has too much yellow in it? For me at least. LOL.

This face powder is a bit pricey but gives pretty good coverage. Not mattifying on me of course and I look a bit yellow if I used this. LOL, but it wasn't that obvious. I do recommend this face powder for beginners as it is quite perfect for everyday use and like I said, it gives pretty good coverage. You won't look cakey if you used a damp beauty sponge with it.

7. Innisfree No-Sebum Mineral Powder



Price: RM27.79
Weight: 5g (RM5.45/g)
Related links: Innisfree website , Review

I posted a full review of it a while ago. Like I said in my post, I do looove this face powder. It is actually silica-based powder not a corn starch based but since it has corn starch it is not finely mild as other face powders. So if you're avoiding "talc" ingredient, you should try it. It is a white powder but you won't look white as a ghost if you blend it in nicely. It came in a compact as well, so if you do not like loose powder, can totally check it out at Innisfree store or online.

Innisfree products aren't cheap but they're on the affordable range. This is the only face powder that really mattifies my face, it's fricking awesome. It also has kinda micro glitters in it, but you can't really see em in photos and whatnot. I highly recommend this powder to oily skin peeps k.

8. Innisfree No-Sebum Blur Powder



Price: RM35.73
Weight: 5g (RM7.15/g)
Related links: Innisfree website

I wanted to post a full review of it but I'm just... I don't know. It's not like the mineral powder, it's just like your average loose powder but with pigments. It's not translucent at all. I don't know but I think this powder shade is a tad deeper than my skintone so I tend to avoid to use it as my setting powder. Well I don't use it much because of that. LOL

It is much more pricier than the mineral powder, to be honest I would skip this and recommend yall the mineral powder. It gives a light coverage. I don't think this face powder is actually worth the money if I'm being honest here. Go get the mineral one. Okay?

9. Wet n Wild Coverall Pressed Powder



Price: RM24 (I think I bought it at that price, sorry can't find any info on it)
Weight: 7.5g (RM3.20/g)
Related links: Makeup Alley

Next is this Wet n Wild Coverall Pressed Powder. Wet n Wild brand is pretty fricking cheap, I think they have almost the same price as the Essence Cosmetics... Tapi mahal sikit sebab from the US? Anyway, it's a pretty good pressed powder. It's not finely mild but it's quite soft actually. Blends in pretty well with foundation.

This brand is available at Sasa but I'm not sure if Sasa has this specific range? Plus the shades they offered aren't that many. It gives a pretty good coverage but can look cakey if you're using too much. Does not control oil what so ever but it was okay. It's stinking cheap anyway.

10. Mac Mineralize Skin Finish Natural in Light Plus




Price: RM130
Weight: 10g / 0.35oz (RM13/g)
Related links: MAC website

I don't really knew what goes into my mind when I purchased this. I wanted the powder foundation but Pah had a brain fart that day and went to buy this one instead. Yayy Pah. Anyways, this powder is actually great for dry skin peeps as it is VERY light and it looks like skin. Well, it is Mineralize Skin Finish Natural... So yeah. It does look REALLY natural, very light. Don't really have a lot of coverage. I actually just purchased this and I love it. I know it's not mattifying and all but I really love the natural look.

It's pricey as fxck, go get something else. LOL.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Out of all face powders I've had, my favourite would be: Essence Mattifying Compact Powder, Revlon Loose Powder, Innisfree No-Sebum Mineral Powder, Mac Mineralize Skin Finish Natural... Uhmmm... Yeah I think that's it. LOL.

For oily peeps, I highly recommend you guys to try the Innisfree No-Sebum Mineral Powder. It sucks oil pretty good ya know. It does come with compact as well, but it's pricier since it has more product. I think it was 8g kot. Some people said the Laura Mercier Loose Powder & Make Up For Ever HD Powder are pretty great too but they're pricey as fxck. Some people said the Innisfree No-Sebum Mineral Powder is a dupe for MUFE HD Powder. I never tried the MUFE HD Powder but they both are silica-based powder and silica sucks out moisture, so yeah. LOL.

For dry skin peeps, I think the Revlon Loose Powder is okay or any translucent loose powder will do. They're soft and translucent, they won't look so cakey. I get that you guys hate the cakey look and whatnot but if you guys set your foundation with powder, your foundation tend to stay longer ? Or if you do not like loose powder, I would recommend the Mac Mineralize Skin Finish Natural. I do not know other pressed powder that soft as that Mac MSF but... Yeah. I'm just gonna recommend with what I have lah. LOL.


So I hope you guys enjoy reading this and find this helpful in anyway.

Thank you so much.

Love you guys <3


-iffahs


Other mymakeupstash series: HERE

2 comments:

  1. I use Lakme Rose Loose Powder, like the name it smells like rose. So freaking lovely and so freaking cheap as well. Around RM 14 kot if im not mistaken, bought it at Guardian Sunway Pyramid, but I think any Guardian that carry Lakme have it kot. U should try and lepastu buat la review hehe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. really? tulah rasa mcm xpenah lg try Lakme. slalu nampak tp xpnah nk beli pon heheh thank you for your suggestion!

      Delete