Search This Blog

Featured Post

Q&A: Which of The Ordinary Serums That Are Suitable For My Skintype? / What Are Your Recommendations?

Assalamualaikum and hello my lovely Pah people So since I have been selling The Ordinary serums, a lot of people ask me which serum...

Tuesday, May 17, 2016

Review: Benefit Cheekathon "Kick Up Your Cheeks" Blush Kit (Limited Edition)

Assalamualaikum and hello my beautiful readers!


I am super excited to share this beautiful cheek kit from Benefit. It's the Cheekathon. You have like 5 full size blush/bronzer like wow. OMG. So I wanna share my thoughts on it whether it's worth it or not... Who am I kiddin of course it's worth every penny. Kahkahkah. Okay let's start!


PRODUCT INFO

What it is
A must-have palette featuring five bestselling, full-size, box o’ powder blushes and bronzers.

What it does
Flaunt these universally flattering powders separately, or pair them together for a custom flush of color. Lightweight and long-lasting, they're buildable and blendable, leaving you with the perfect pop of color. Contour, sculpt, and define your prettiest features with makeup artist favorite and bestselling Hoola matte bronzer. Then highlight with the Dandelion box o’ powder blush, or add a wash of color with the Rockateur, Dallas, or Coralista blush for a radiant glow. For the most natural-looking flush, tap off excess powder from your brush before sweeping blush onto your cheeks. This palette includes a soft, natural-bristle brush for easy application.

Look at this beautiful baby

This set contains
> 0.32oz (9g) Dallas box o’ powder blush in Dusty Rose (full size) 
> 0.25oz (7g)Dandelion box o’ powder blush in Baby Pink (full size) 
> 0.28oz (8g) CORALista box o’ powder blush in Coal Pink (full size) 
> 0.17oz (5g) Rockateur box o’ powder blush in Rose Gold (full size) 
> 0.28oz (8g) Hoola matte bronzer (full size) 
> Natural-bristle brush

Suggested Usage
Brighten and bronze: 
- Contour and define your prettiest features with Hoola matte bronzer. 
- Brush the gorgeous matte shade under you cheekbones and then sweep the Dandelion box o’ powder blush over your complexion to look radiantly pretty. 

Pop-on pretty
- Starting at hairline and working in, sweep Hoola or Dallas along the cheeks for a sunset-inspired, plum glow. 
- Then smile and swirl CORALista on the apples of cheeks for a warm, tropical flush. 

Stand out
- Blend Rockateur over your cheekbones for a rose-gold flush that will wow the crowds.

INGREDIENTS

Dandelion
TALC, MICA, CALCIUM ALUMINUM BOROSILICATE, POLYETHYLENE, MAGNESIUM MYRISTATE, PENTAERYTHRITYL TETRAETHYLHEXANOATE, ZINC STEARATE, OCTYLDODECYL STEAROYL STEARATE, SILICA, ISOPROPYL TITANIUM TRIISOSTEARATE, PHENOXYETHANOL, BIS-DIGLYCERYL POLYACYLADIPATE-2, SQUALANE, SODIUM DEHYDROACETATE, PARFUM (FRAGRANCE), LECITHIN, SODIUM LAUROYL ASPARTATE, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, GLYCINE SOJA (SOYBEAN) OIL, TOCOPHEROL, LIMONENE, BHT, RETINYL PALMITATE, ZINC CHLORIDE, LINALOOL, ALUMINUM HYDROXIDE, HEXYL CINNAMAL, BENZYL SALICYLATE, CITRAL, BUTYLPHENYL METHYLPROPIONAL, CITRONELLOL, EUGENOL.  [+/-:  CI 15850 (RED 6, RED 7, RED 7 LAKE), CI 15985 (YELLOW 6, YELLOW 6 LAKE), CI 19140 (YELLOW 5, YELLOW 5 LAKE), CI 42090 (BLUE 1 LAKE), CI 45410 (RED 27, RED 27 LAKE, RED 28 LAKE), CI 73360 (RED 30, RED 30 LAKE), CI 75470 (CARMINE), CI 77007 (ULTRAMARINES), CI 77163 (BISMUTH OXYCHLORIDE), CI 77288 (CHROMIUM OXIDE GREENS), CI 77289 (CHROMIUM HYDROXIDE GREEN), CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 (IRON OXIDES), CI 77510 (FERRIC FERROCYANIDE, FERRIC AMMONIUM FERROCYANIDE), CI 77742 (MANGANESE VIOLET), CI 77891 (TITANIUM DIOXIDE)].   

N° 06654/A

Dallas
TALC, MICA, POLYETHYLENE, ETHYLHEXYL PALMITATE, MAGNESIUM MYRISTATE, DIMETHICONE, ZINC STEARATE, BORON NITRIDE, SODIUM DEHYDROACETATE, PARFUM (FRAGRANCE), LECITHIN, PHENOXYETHANOL, CAPRYLYL GLYCOL, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, GLYCINE SOJA (SOYBEAN) OIL, TOCOPHEROL, LIMONENE, BHT, RETINYL PALMITATE, LINALOOL, HEXYL CINNAMAL, BENZYL SALICYLATE, CITRAL, BUTYLPHENYL METHYLPROPIONAL, CITRONELLOL, EUGENOL.  [+/-:  CI 15850 (RED 6, RED 7, RED 7 LAKE), CI 15985 (YELLOW 6, YELLOW 6 LAKE), CI 19140 (YELLOW 5, YELLOW 5 LAKE), CI 42090 (BLUE 1 LAKE), CI 45410 (RED 27, RED 27 LAKE, RED 28 LAKE), CI 73360 (RED 30, RED 30 LAKE), CI 77007 (ULTRAMARINES), CI 77163 (BISMUTH OXYCHLORIDE), CI 77288 (CHROMIUM OXIDE GREENS), CI 77289 (CHROMIUM HYDROXIDE GREEN), CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 (IRON OXIDES), CI 77510 (FERRIC FERROCYANIDE, FERRIC AMMONIUM FERROCYANIDE), CI 77742 (MANGANESE VIOLET), CI 77891 (TITANIUM DIOXIDE)].

N° 06700/A

Coralista
TALC, MICA, TITANIUM DIOXIDE (CI 77891), POLYETHYLENE, ETHYLHEXYL PALMITATE, DIMETHICONE, ZINC STEARATE, MAGNESIUM MYRISTATE, IRON OXIDES (CI 77492), PHENOXYETHANOL, BORON NITRIDE, SODIUM DEHYDROACETATE, LECITHIN, FRAGRANCE (PARFUM), RED 7 LAKE (CI 15850), ALUMINUM HYDROXIDE (CI 77002), CARMINE (CI 75470), RED 30 LAKE (CI 73360), TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, IRON OXIDES (CI 77491), MANGANESE VIOLET (CI 77742), GLYCINE SOJA (SOYBEAN) OIL, TOCOPHEROL, BHT, RETINYL PALMITATE, LIMONENE, ULTRAMARINES (CI 77007).

N° 3N5563

Hoola
TALC, IRON OXIDES (CI77491-CI77492-CI77499), ZINC STEARATE, ETHYLHEXYL PALMITATE, TITANIUM DIOXIDE (CI77891), DIMETHICONE, MANGANESE VIOLET (CI77742), METHYLPARABEN, SODIUM DEHYDROACETATE, BORON NITRIDE, PROPYLPARABEN, BUTYLPARABEN.

N° 3N5276-1

Rockateur
SYNTHETIC FLUORPHLOGOPITE, MICA, CETEARYL ETHYLHEXANOATE, HDI/TRIMETHYLOL HEXYLLACTONE CROSSPOLYMER , GLYCERIN, DICALCIUM PHOSPHATE, SQUALANE, OCTYLDODECYL STEAROYL STEARATE, PARFUM (FRAGRANCE), CAPRYLYL GLYCOL, ETHYLHEXYLGLYCERIN, POLYSORBATE 80, LIMONENE, 1,2-HEXANEDIOL, LINALOOL, HEXYL CINNAMAL, PTFE, DIMETHICONE, BENZYL SALICYLATE , PENTAERYTHRITYL TETRA-DI-T-BUTYL HYDROXYHYDROCINNAMATE, CHONDRUS CRISPUS (CARRAGEENAN), XANTHAN GUM, ZINC STEARATE, SILICA, LAUROYL LYSINE, CETEARYL ALCOHOL, CITRAL, BUTYLPHENYL METHYLPROPIONAL, CITRONELLOL, EUGENOL, CINNAMYL ALCOHOL, GERANIOL, TOCOPHEROL, BHT.  [+/-: CI 15850 (RED 6, RED 7, RED 7 LAKE), CI 15985 (YELLOW 6, YELLOW 6 LAKE), CI 19140 (YELLOW 5, YELLOW 5 LAKE), CI 42090 (BLUE 1 LAKE), CI 45410 (RED 27, RED 27 LAKE, RED 28 LAKE), CI 73360 (RED 30, RED 30 LAKE), CI 77007 (ULTRAMARINES), CI 77163 (BISMUTH OXYCHLORIDE), CI 77288 (CHROMIUM OXIDE GREENS), CI 77289 (CHROMIUM HYDROXIDE GREEN), CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 (IRON OXIDES), CI 77510 (FERRIC FERROCYANIDE, FERRIC AMMONIUM FERROCYANIDE), CI 77742 (MANGANESE VIOLET), CI 77891 (TITANIUM DIOXIDE)].

N° 07744/A

Please read the ingredient list on the packaging of your product to be sure that the ingredients are appropriate for your personal use.

REVIEW
Swatches

I have been eyeing this blush kit since forever, like it has full size products and I'm like, bitch I gotta have it. The single ones cost about RM130, which is pretty pricey. This kit was only RM270, me do math be like, RM130x5 = RM650 and I only paid for 40% of the price like how crazy is it????

The packaging is super nice, so effing cute. It comes with a large mirror and a mini brush. I compared to the brush that came with my Benefit Hoola, it's totally the same size.

I'm not sure if this kit is actually medium to deep skintone friendly just because the blushes are not that pigmented. Maybe it is but it won't appear much on your cheeks ya know?

I do not have other blushes from Benefit, I only have Benefit Hoola bronzer and I think the quality is the same as the single ones, at least in my opinion. Since I bought this kit, I decided to give the Benefit Hoola away to my little sister.

Oh I did use all of them on my face. Here you go: https://www.instagram.com/p/BFYEyl7H3f1/

*************************************************

Okay let's talk about the first blush in this palette. It's the Dandelion blush. It is a baby pink satin blush but not too pink. It looks so natural on the skin, it's really gorgeous. I really love this shade. Since it's not too pigmented, you can totally build this up. Love love love it.

Next is the Hoola matte bronzer. It's in my December 2015 favourite post. This has been an all time favourite bronzer. I cannot live without it. It has the perfect amount of warmth (but not too warm, that's why I love it so much) and arghhhh just so fricking gorgeous.

Next is the Rockateur blush. It is a rose gold kinda blush. I used it for the first time the other day and I LOVE IT. It has such a beautiful kinda flush on the cheeks. So fricking gorgeous! It has a sheen part and a matte part so I swirled both of them and they are just soooooo fricking beautiful! Arghhh! I love it!

Next is Dallas. It is a blush and bronzer kinda shade. The shade was described as a "matte rosy bronze". It is suitable for all skintones, I think this is the only shade that is suitable for all. Well, Hoola is for light to medium skintone as well but still... This is such a beautiful shade. I don't use it as bronzer, but I did put it all over my crease and it is just so fricking perfect. I don't know what's up with it but dammit it's such a pretty pretty shade. If you guys don't want to buy the whole kit, you can just get this Dallas blush/bronzer. It's fricking gorg. I can't even.

Last but not least, Coralista. Coralista is a coral pink blush with a hint of pearl. To be completely honest, this is the only shade that did not appear on my skintone. I have a light medium to medium skintone and imagine me having to work this on my face is just too much. LOL. Since it has a nice sheen, I would only use it as a blush topper instead of a blush. Not sure if you're able to use it as a highlighter, maybe you can but it's quite subtle. But it's gorgeous. Too bad it didn't show up on my skin :(

Final thoughts: Overall, I really think that this kit is totally worth the money. I can almost use all of the shades in here. It is worth RM650, but for RM270 it's totally worth it. (RM54/powder) Oh and I used my 10% coupon to buy this so yeah... Hahaha I got em for less than RM250. Muahaha. Totally worth the money. If you guys have light to medium skintone, I really recommend this kit to yall. This kit is limited edition so if this was in your wishlist, better add it to your shopping cart. He he he. But if I were to recommend one of these blush/bronzer, I would go for Dallas or Rockateur. Both has beautiful rosey undertone. They're just soooo fricking gorgeous. I love it!

Rating: ★★★★☆


So yeah that's all I wanted to share tonight. Thank you for reading.

Buh bye!


.iffahs.


MOOOAAARRRR

No comments:

Post a Comment