Search This Blog

Featured Post

Q&A: Which of The Ordinary Serums That Are Suitable For My Skintype? / What Are Your Recommendations?

Assalamualaikum and hello my lovely Pah people So since I have been selling The Ordinary serums, a lot of people ask me which serum...

Tuesday, June 7, 2016

Review: Essence I LOVE Extreme Crazy Volume Mascara

Assalamualaikum and what's up muh lovely ladiez and gentz, of course.


As promised, it's Review Tuesday & Thursday! Weeeee! I don't know why I am super excited while writing this. I'm so happy because you know why? My blog has reached 12k pageviews in May! UNBELIEVABLE! I mean that's like a lot ya know! Thank you so much guys! I love you all!

Anyways, back to our topic. LOL. Tonight I wanna share my thoughts on this mascara. You know I love Essence mascaras, so let's see if I loved this as much as the others he he he


PRODUCT INFO

The i love extreme mascara’s "crazy" sister – for even more volume! The deep-black, creamy texture covers each individual lash with color and the extra-large plastic brush provides sensational volume. The mascara container is designed in the usual i love-colors, except they’re the other way around – In a cool pink with black lettering. Opthalmologically tested.



INGREDIENTS

Aqua (Water), Carnauba (Copernicia Cerifera) Wax, Cera Alba (Beeswax), Butylene Glycol, Stearic Acid, VP/Eicosene Copolymer, Palmitic Acid, Polybutene, Glyceryl Stearate, Acacia Senegal Gum, Candelilla (Euphorbia Cerifera) Wax, Pvp, Caprylyl Glycol, Polyvinyl Alcohol, Aminomethyl Propanol, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Phenoxyethanol, CI 77499 (Iron Oxides)

REVIEW

Let's be real, I only purchased this mascara because Beauty with Emily Fox loves this mascara (she did a review on drugstore mascaras HERE) so I just have to try it ya know. Plus, Essence mascaras are cheap so why not? LOL

First impression: The mascara wand is super gigantic! Can get too clumpy if not careful, very volumizing. It was only retailed for RM16, like OMG SO STINKING CHEAP

The brush is a plastic brush and it has like little spikes on top and I don't really know how to explain but it's not sharp so don't worry, your eyes won't bleed.

Okay now, demo as below:


My lashes without mascara and stuff


One thin coat on my right eye (your left side)


Two coats of the Essence I Love Extreme Crazy Volume and as you can see here it is dang crazy o_O


I actually have to separate my lashes using other mascara. And it got all over my lids as well :/

I uploaded an Instagram video, so you guys can see how messy it was.

I'm not sure how the formula was supposed to look like but mine was on the drier side. Maybe I need to put in few eye drops in it, I don't know. Because it can get super clumpy even on the first coat. So I have to use a non-clumpy mascara as a base. I used with the Essence Plump No Clump before but it got dried up already and now I'm using the Catrice Better Than False Lashes Volume Mascara but it's not really non-clumpy and still a lot of effort to "unclump" my lashes ya know?

Not sure if I noticed any smudging or flaking. But if I do, I will update you guys okay? But I'm sure it's gonna smudge because it's not a waterproof formula.

Pros:
Give so much volume
Cheap

Cons:
Spider lashes (you could either love or hate em)
Too clumpy

Final thoughts: It's not one of my fave Essence mascara but it was okay. I prefer and recoomend the Essence Get BIG Lashes. That mascara will always be my holy grail volumizing & lengthening mascara. But if you love clumpy/spidery lashes, you guys can try this. Other than that, I recommend the Get BIG Lashes or Plump No Clump.

Rating: ★★

So yeah. I hope you guys find this helpful in any way.

Thank you for reading! <3

.iffahs.


MOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAARRRRR
Essence website
Makeup Alley

2 comments:

  1. This is actually my favourite Essence mascara! Haha. It makes my lashes curl without having the need of a curler. But yeah, the clump is kinda annoying, kadang2 sampai masuk mataaaa >_<

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeke?? hahah i ok je tp too clumpy hasdkjlasdjs susah nk unclump dia balik hahahahahhaa i prefer get big lashes huhu

      Delete