Search This Blog

Featured Post

Q&A: Which of The Ordinary Serums That Are Suitable For My Skintype? / What Are Your Recommendations?

Assalamualaikum and hello my lovely Pah people So since I have been selling The Ordinary serums, a lot of people ask me which serum...

Friday, October 7, 2016

Review: Make Up For Ever Ultra HD Invisible Cover Foundation

Assalamualaikum and hello muh lovely people!


Hohhh. I think it's time for me to post a full review on this foundation. It has mixed reviews so let me tell you what I really think about it.

Yes it's Friday and I'm posting a review on Friday just because I missed Sunday's post. Hahhahasidojsdasdlaskdad I'm sorry I wasn't feeling super inspired hahahahasdiojaskldas so yeah.

Okay. Let's start.

PRODUCT INFO

What it is
A bestselling HD foundation with an ultra-lightweight texture that provides ultra flawless skin.

What it does
Developed specifically for the film and TV industry's most advanced technology, Ultra HD Liquid Foundation creates a naturally flawless complexion—in and out of the spotlight. Invisible under the latest, super-focused 4k lens, this revolutionary foundation features uniquely-coated pigments that provide medium to buildable coverage with an even lighter weight, second-skin texture that looks just like skin. This formula leaves your complexion with the same flawless results that you’d achieve with a flat foundation brush in a tap and stretch motion. It contains hyaluronic spheres to ensure comfortable wear on all normal, dry and combination skin types, and it lasts all day, leaving a natural-looking finish. Now available in an expanded range of 40 shades to match all skintones, Ultra HD is the perfect everyday foundation for a flawless complexion—and it doesn’t require touch ups.

What else you need to know
Now with a range of 40 shades, you might find a better match than before. You can convert your HD Liquid Foundation shade to Ultra HD Liquid Foundation using the "Ultra HD Shade Conversion Chart".

MAKE UP FOR EVER is once again leading the beauty industry into the next era of makeup innovation and technology. As the original pioneer of the HD makeup category, it continues to redefine and elevate beauty standards with the launch of its new Ultra HD Foundation, the first and only foundation designed for 4k technology. With 4k technology, the next generation of digital devices will display images with unbelievable detail, stunning clarity, and heightened color than existing HD technology. Completely invisible under the latest, ultra-magnified resolution, these innovative foundation formulas look completely natural on camera—to the naked eye.

INGREDIENTS

Cyclopentasiloxane, Aqua (Water), PEG-10 Dimethicone, Neopentyl Glycol Diethlhexanoate, Talc, Mica, Phenyl Trimethicone, Sodium Chloride, Lauroyl Lysine, Dimenthicone Crosspolymer, Methylpropanediol, Glyceryl Caprylate, Propanediol, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Sucrose Palmitate, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Myristoyl Glutamate, Alumina, Cyclohexasiloxane, Proplene Carbonate, Pentylene Glycol, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Evodia Rutaecarpa Fruit Extract, Tocopheryl Acetate, Glyceryl Linoleate, Aluminum Hydroxide, Glyercin, Parfum (Fragrance), Benzyl Alcohol, Benzyl Benzoate, Citric Acid, Potassium Sorbate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Tin Oxide, BHT, Tocopherol [+/- CI 19140 (Yellow, Yellow 5 Lake), CI 42090 (Blue 1 Lake), CI 77007 (Ultramarine), CI 77163 (Bismuth Oxychloride), CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 (Iron Oxides), CI 77891 (Titanium Oxide)].

REVIEW

So as you already know, I bought these foundations specifically for my clients. Most reviews mentioned that they look so good on camera and it didn't irritate my eyes when my MUA applied this on me. Some foundations made me teary and it's not a good look. Huhu.

But of course I have to try them out myself because people really like this foundation on camera and I'm like betul ka cantik depan camera ni... Kan? So I gave it a try, I wore it for few days to work.

First impression: It's quite liquidy, some people said it's thick but maybe the weather's here made it liquidy? I don't know man. LOL. It has a scent, quite faint, nothing significant. Didn't bother me at all. It has a natural skin finish, I personally love skin finish foundations but on my oily combination skin is a bit ugh but if I set muh face should be ok tho

So they don't really claimed that they are a mattifying, long-lasting foundation. They just marketed it for the film and TV industry, basically on camera lah. Now we are going towards UHD, HD is like so million years ago now.

I was using the Natural Being Manuka Honey Day Cream (Oily/Normal) and gurrrr, this moisturizer is quite heavy for daytime... My face jadi disco ball in few mins... Imagine me using this underneath makeup... Holy frack. It was bad. I was cursing through out the day and I'm like "membazir duit je beli ni" but then I changed moisturizer because I knew I cannot use the Natural Being Day Cream under my makeup.

So I changed my routine. Okay, this was my skincare routine when I used the foundation.  I use my usual Nutox Astringent Toner, then my Bio-Essence Gold Water with Paula's Choice RESIST 10% Niacinamide Booster, Safi Rania Gold Eye Contour Cream, Paula's Choice RESIST Super Light Wrinkle Defense SPF30.

Onto the next step, makeup stuff. I used Urban Decay B6 Prep Spray, then I applied Laura Mercier Foundation Primer (Original) and then baru apply this foundation. I used it with my round kabuki brush (from BH Cosmetics Sculpt & Blend set) and it went on so smoothly and I used only one pump for my whole face. Yes, it's quite sheer but it still evens out my skintone and the finish is just... AHHH-MAYYYY-ZINGGGGG. I really really love the natural skin finish. Then of course I set my face with Revlon Loose Powder and I used Urban Decay Deslick Setting Spray to set and lastly for my T-zone and anywhere oily on my face, I tepek with the Kiss Me Heroine Make Powder.

117 & 170

My actual shade is 120 (Y245 Soft Sand) but since I'm using them for my clients I bought two shades, 117 (Y225 Marble) and 170 (Y435 Caramel). So if I wanted to use this foundation, I used one pump of the 117 and a bit of the 170, like very little amount then I mixed them at the back of my hand and put em on muh face and use the brush to blend everything, holy crap they are super easy to blend. It is buildable since the formula is a bit dewy.

I tried using my Beauty Blender but I personally think that the Beauty Blender sucks up a lot of the foundation, I know BBs aren't supposed to do that but the foundation became more sheer if I used BB so yeah if you wanted more coverage, go with a kabuki brush.

117 on top and 170 at the bottom

So I got the chance to try this foundation the whole day, if you know what I mean. I only try out foundations the whole day if I can't pray, I mean hari biasa if I applied my foundation at 6am and pray paling lambat pon 3.30pm so dapat lah 8 hours and a half and that's good enough coz let's be real. Nobody wears foundation for more than 12 hours kan. So yeah. Hahaha. I also wanted to point out that I use a great mattifying powder, if you haven't read the Kiss Me Heroine Make Smooth Cover Powder Clear Mineral review, why won't you? Click here okay? Gurrr come on!

Makeup details: Instagram

I don't want to perasan lah, but masa I used the foundation, colleagues complimented that I looked different and there was one colleague asked me "hey Pah, you're using different foundation is it?" I know she wanted to puji me but in a very cryptic way. LOL. Anyways, I noticed my face was really flawless that day and I was like it must be the Laura Mercier Foundation Primer jugak nih! Ughhh I love that primer. Eh ni citer pasal foundation lah. Okay and since I set my face with macam-macam, it stayed all day and not melting at all lah!

Then the next day, I used it again (instagram photo here) and again, it stayed all day. But but, there's nothing I can do with my oily T-zone so yeah. I need to blot lah through out the day but I get good 5 hours before I have to blot my nose. So yeah. Amazing kan? And and and the most important part is when I blot my face, usually there's like a patch of foundation melekat on tissues or blotting paper but this foundation surprisingly no transfers. Usually if I use this Kiss Me mattifying powder, it tends to make my foundation (especially mattifying foundation) goes patchy if I blot my face with tissue.

Again, this looks beautiful in photos so yeah. I looked flawless kan? *perasan*

After 8 hours, of course foundation around my nose mesti hilang punya. I don't mind that, it's always an issue for me. Haha. But still, as you can see in the photo, still flaweless as fudge huh?

From Instagram

Okay now. I know this foundation is pricey as fudge. I'm not gonna force you guys to buy it but if you can afford it, try it. I don't recommend this foundation to oily skin peeps, you can use this foundation of course but just make sure you set it with loose powder or any type of powder that you always use. This foundation retails at RM195 and it has the usual foundation size which is 30ml / 1oz. It is one of the priciest foundation I have in my collection. Well, they're for my clients so yeah. But I did use my Black Card 10% so... 20 bucks off is good enough. LOL.

Okay, here's some photos of my clients that I used the foundation on. I'm sorry I'm lazy to paste the photos here. LOL:-
https://www.instagram.com/p/BKuupTehMwX/
https://www.instagram.com/p/BKcwRGohdVp/
https://www.instagram.com/p/BKaBuqKh2VN/
https://www.instagram.com/p/BKaB_xpB5E_/
https://www.instagram.com/p/BKPRV5bheea/

Pros
Beautiful skin finish
Decent coverage - buildable to full coverage

Cons
Oily skin peeps must set this foundation with powder
Pricey as fudge

Final thoughts: I hate saying this but it's an amazing product. It's super pricey but it's worth every penny. Uhhhh can't say enough! It looks great in photos, I am amazed by it.

Rating: ★★★★☆


So yeah. That is all for tonight.

I hope you guys find this helpful in any way.

Stay gorgeous.

Thank you for reading.


.iffahs.


MOOOOAAAAARRRRR
Make Up For Ever
Sephora Malaysia
Sephora US
Makeup Alley


No comments:

Post a Comment