Search This Blog

Featured Post

Q&A: Which of The Ordinary Serums That Are Suitable For My Skintype? / What Are Your Recommendations?

Assalamualaikum and hello my lovely Pah people So since I have been selling The Ordinary serums, a lot of people ask me which serum...

Sunday, February 5, 2017

January 2017 Favourites

Assalamualaikum and hello my lovely people!


I know, I know. I have been missing for so many days. LOL. I'm actually reorganizing my mom's kitchen so I just don't have the time to write and stuff... So yeah.

I'm not gonna do Best of Beauty 2016 just because I don't really buy trendy makeup stuff, even for skincare pon tak pakai yang trendy punya. LOL. So I'm gonna do my usual favourites here okay. Hahahaha.


So how was your new year? I bet everyone had a good start right? Well, January hasn't been a great month for us, basically didn't have a great start in 2017. My mother in law passed away on 29 December 2016, so for the first 2 weeks of January was a grieving time for us. That is also the reason I wasn't so active on social media and didn't update a lot in January, we were just so busy with life, catch up and adapt to our new situation. To be honest, I don't really knew my mother in law that well, because me and my husband just got married in April 2016. Of course I felt sad because I didn't get to learn to cook with her (she was a great cook btw) because for the past year she had been in and out of the hospital. One thing that really had me is that she didn't get to see our baby. (I'm not pregnant btw, belum ada rezeki) Of course she had another grandchild but from her only son tak sempat so yeah like I said, that stuff really hit me hard.

Uhhh I know it's like super personal but it is what it is. My heart was so broken when I lost Katy in Oct and then losing my mother in law just increased the amount of devastation that I'm having. I'm like, I'm totally so not ready with this super adult life at all. I just need to accept reality because people can go whenever, wherever. Not just other people, kita pon boleh go bila-bila masa. Uwaaa. Ok taknak sedih-sedih.

So yeah, long and sad intro. Apologies.

Makeup

Anyways. Let's talk about makeup first. I think I have a lot... Since aku dah lama tak post favourites kan. LOL. Ok.


1. Fave makeup base combo

Okay first I wanna talk about this combo that I have been using for perfect, flawless look gituuuuu. I have been really loving it, it is just ahhh so stunning on my skin! So first I spritz my face with the Mac Prep & Prime Fix +. This is totally a cult fave, everyone is raving about it and guess what? I used to fricking hate it. I bought this a looooooong time ago, I think it was end of 2014? So I hated it because it made my foundation goes patchy, it didn't worked out on my skin like I wanted it to be ya know? So then I'm like hmm tinggal separuh dah pon Pah why don't you try using it again? And here I am, after the bottle almost used up, I think tinggal macam few uses left so I NEED TO PURCHASE ANOTHER ONE. Anyways, I spritz this and then let it dry for few secs, then I apply the Essence Colour Control UV Makeup Base. I am pretty sure that this primer has been discontinued, I'm not sure. I don't see them in stores anymore. So it is quite tacky so kononnya orang cakap macam it's an adhesive for your foundation. Maybe betul jugak.

Now this is the fun part, I actually love to mix my foundation, the Mac Pro Longwear Nourishing Waterproof Foundation with Bio Essence 24k Bio-Gold Gold Water. I know people have been mixing their foundations with oil, but I'm realistic, I know I have oily skin so I'm not gonna put oil in my foundation. Only gonna use oil-based product to remove my makeup and at night. Let's be real, if you don't have super dry skin, don't mix your foundation with oil... Bad move, honey. Hoho. Anyways, you don't need to put that much product, I just make sure I mix in equal parts and then apply it with BeautyBlender. I love that foundation but it can be cakey so that's why I mix it with this Gold Water. Didn't know they work so well with each other! I do have other foundation mix in with the Gold Water but it didn't make my skin looking so flawless like this combination I had going on for month now. Love love love


2. Charlotte Tilbury Filmstar Bronze & Glow
Link: Website

So December was my birthday month and I basically put every makeup items at Sephora in my wishlist but since my family went to UK before my birthday I'm like, hell, baik aku mintak hadiah best from the UK. After aku buat research and all, I decided to ask my family to buy me Charlotte Tilbury Filmstar Bronze and Glow palette. Yep. That one. The most overhyped highlighting palette. Seriously, the packaging is soooo gorgeous and I never actually purchased a luxury makeup brand so alang-alang mintak la family aku belikan, share share duit ke kan ioasdjklasdjla

Lepas adik aku bergaduh ngan mak aku, dapat jugak beli benda alah ni. It was GBP49, EXPENSIVE AS FUDGE. kalau convert was like RM200 something weh. Tapi tulah nasib baik family members ramai so... yeah. He he he

Let's be real, I only wanted it because of the highlight shade. The Medium to Deep highlight is more like a peachy shade and of course lah not suitable on my skin but the bronzer shade is too light for my complexion pulak. Haha. Oh my god, this palette is fricking gorgeous and the rose gold packaging is life. Ok? Ok. I looooove the highlight shade and first time I used it, I put on WAAAAYYYY too much. A little goes a long way, this highlight is seriously blinding if you put on too much ya know?



3. Physicians Formula Organic Wear CC Cream - Light/Medium
Link: Website , Watson's; Light, Medium

So I don't really know why I bought it, I'm not sure I have ever mentioned here that I fricking hate BB/CC cream or whatever that is similar to them. They are moisturizing, so they're suitable for normal to dry skin. I swatched this on the back of my hand and I was like, hmm takde lah rasa creamy sangat, maybe I should try it? So I bought it because it was on sale, RM50 something macam tu and the normal price is around RM70 plus kot mahal gila oasaspdioaksldjasldkj #kedekut

This is actually my first Physicians Formula item. They can be pretty pricey, tulah Pah kedekut ok. Hahahaha

As you can see in the swatches below, the Light/Medium shade is quite dark on my skin. I thought it oxidized on me, but it's not. I just have the wrong shade. Ingat Light is too light tapi tulah I should buy the lighter shade. Anyways, I thought I'm gonna hate it but I really do love it. It didn't have full coverage, but it has a pretty decent amount and it made my skin looking so flawless. Whenever I use it, people were complementing my skin. Padahal banyak je benda pelik-pelik kat muka ni haaa. But it seriously made my skin so flawless! I don't use my fingers to apply it, I use beautyblender, fyi :)

4. Clio Kill Cover Concealer - 3BY
Link: First Impression/Review

This is one of the fullest coverage concealer I've ever had. The pigmentation no play play one. It is soooo easy to blend even though it's very pigmented and ahhh I just love it so much! Great coverage, great price. A little goes a long way, I really wanted to compare it with the Nars Creamy Concealer tapi tulah tunggu rajin nak pi KLCC dulu lah aisdhkajsdas

5. RCMA No-Color Powder
Link: Website


OMG you guys. I didn't think I was gonna get this powder but I did and it is one of the best purchase I've ever made. No wonder people were raving about it! I tried using it alone to set my face and bake my undereyes but it's still has a bit of whitecast so I mixed it with my Revlon Loose Powder and bammm!!!! Holy crap I can never go back to other loose powders. Definitely one of the best loose powders I've ever had and it works great on my oily skin! Highly recommend this!

6. Zoeva 127 Luxe Sheer Cheek Brush
Link: Sephora Malaysia


So I bought this brush because I wanna replace the blush brush in my makeup kit. I just don't like my current blush brush that I'm using for my clients and this brush is so fricking perfect. I don't why but it blends out blush so flawlessly on the skin. I don't know how to explain it but man, worth it.

7. Zoeva 134 Luxe Powder Fusion Brush
Link: Sephora Malaysia


This one also I purchased together gether with the Sheer Cheek Brush hohoh. So I wanted to a nice highlighting brush so I decided to get this and I love it! I love how it picks up the product and it just blends so flawlessly ahhh Zoeva brushes are just the bomb. I can never use any other brush anymore! Gitewwww~~~

8. Urban Decay Moondust Eyeshadow - Space Cowboy
Link: Sephora Malaysia

So I already have this Moondust eyeshadow in Zodiac but Zodiac has a green-ish and green-teal reflects so I wanted something more neutral and I got this Space Cowboy. It's a dang beautiful shade! I really love it! It has silver, champagne reflects with a light brown base. Ahhhh so gorgeous! I use this as a lid popper macam tu since it has more neutral kinda shade. Ahhhh cantik sangat!

Top to Bottom: Outfield, Night Game and Space Cowboy

9. The Balm - Batter Up
Link: Website



So I have in the shade Night Game (black shade) and Outfield (olive green shade). Both are the best eyeshadow bases I've ever used. They last a long time and they just don't budge. No play play one!

10. Paula's Choice Lipscreen SPF50
Link: Worthee Cosmetics

I forgot to ambik gambar because it was in my pouch but anyways, I love it. It is pricier than whatever lipbalms I used but worth every penny I tell ya. It's very moisturizing but it didn't feel super slippery on the lips. I don't know, I really love the formula. Fuhh powder.

11. Makeup Geek Blush Pan - Spell Bound
Link: Makeup Geek


So on the website it is described as "a light salmon with a matte finish.". This blush is just so fricking gorgeous. It looks so natural on the skin. It's not too pigmented and it was super easy to blend. Actually I don't really wanna story banyak-banyak because I'm gonna do a whole review on Makeup Geeks items that I have been accumulate for the past month or so. So yeah. Tungguuuuu


Skincare

Fuhhh. Yang ni tak banyak okay hahaha

12. Paula's Choice RESIST Ultra-Light Super Antioxidant Concentrate Serum 
Link: Worthee Cosmetics, Sample Sunday


So I did posted about this product in my Sample Sunday #1, go check em out if you haven't. I admitted that the Worthee team actually sent me this deluxe trial size for free, holy fricking crap. STILL, NOT SPONSORED OKAY. The Worthee team, they're amazing! I cannot say enough great things about them. Fuhhh.

Anyways, this serum is the bomb. It's not like any other serums that I have, Everytime I use this, my skin feels sooooo smoooth and soft like a baby's bum. It's like a quick fix for whenever I have dull skin. I don't use this everyday for now because I know if I use it, I just can't stop and won't stop using it so I purchased the full size few days ago and I'm like anxiously waiting for it to arrive then I can use this serum every single night. LOL.

I think they reduced the serum price because it was RM195 last year and few days ago it was RM186 and they're having a 15% off for items with Niacinamide... Are ya fricking kidding me... Should've wait for few days asodilajkdalsdjksajlk BUT IT'S TOO LATE TAPI TAKPELAH DAPAT FREE VIT C BOOSTER HARI TU KKK TAKPELAH TAKPE iuasdkjasdljkasdjljaskd



13. The Ordinary Niacinamide 10% + Zinc PCA 1%
Link: Victoria Health

So Wayne Goss the makeup artist actually raving about this brand, The Ordinary so I decided to try it because it was so much cheaper than the Paula's Choice Niacinamide Booster. Don't get me wrong, I still love the PC one but it is pricey as fudge. The Ordinary Niacinamide was only GBP5 weh asiodjalskdasdljkasdlkajsdlkasd MURAH OK

I don't really notice a lot of difference on my skin texture but overall my skincare routine has treating me VERY WELL. I rarely have breakouts now and my skin is just so much better than before. People were like complementing my skin and saying it's perfect and flawless but I still think it's way too far from flawless.

Anyways, I actually love this serum. This has totally different formula and if you guys wanted me to compare, I cannot really compare them both because both has their own formulas ya know? This one has more like a gel texture while the PC one is a liquid to mix with your serum. (yes you can use it on its own)

Since this one is formulated with Zinc 1%, it kinda keep my face quite matte and my makeup last a lot longer than usual. This is great for oily skin because it reduces your sebum production.

Oh and I do take some order for this brand if you're interested. Let me know. I haven't open an order yet because I'm waiting for my other shipments to arrive. Hihi

14. The Ordinary 100% Organic Cold-Pressed Rosehip Seed Oil
Link: Victoria Health

So I previously bought the Garden of Eden Rosa E Pigmentation Serum but I think it's a bit pricey because it was RM40 for 5ml... Bapak sikit dan mahal. LOL. Anyways, I used this on my dark spots, well basically I sapu on the whole face and my scars faded after few days! Macam cepat jugak lah! I don't know lah if it was because of the rosehip oil but rosehip oil is for pigmentation and wrinkles if I'm not mistaken. The smell is horrendous but the product is gorgeous!

Bodycare

Now onto bodycare. Sikit jugak LOL


15. Soap & Glory Flake Away
Link: Website

One thing I wanted to say, menyesal beli mini punya. I should've bought the big tub but I still have my Victoria's Secret Sea Salt Body Scrub tu, so that's why I didn't wanna buy the full size. The mini size pon mahal jugak, it was RM25 tapi kalau beli full size lagi berbaloi lah sebab 350ml for RM55 if I'm not mistaken that's like a damn good deal. Tapi tulah. Nasi sudah jadi bubur.

It really flakes away your dead skin lah apa lah and my skin feels so fricking soft, I really love it! I cannot wait to get the full size tub coz why not kan EEEEE geram!

16. The Body Shop White Musk Smoky Rose Body Wash
Link: Website

I got this as a mystery gift masa online shopping kat The Body Shop. Hulamak, I really love the scent. Rasa macam nak beli perfume dia. Serious. The scent is sooo elegant. I don't know what's the note lah apa benda tu but it's rosey but musky? I don't know, it's damn good! Taktau kenapa sebelum ni tak penah try bau ni hahahha LOVE LOVE LOVE

17. Charlotte Tilbury Scent of a Dream
Link: Website




So when my sister bought me the Filmstar Bronze & Glow, the SA gave this free sample of the perfume. It is an old lady kinda smell but I love it. Some will hate it definitely but I don't know why I love it. Aku rasa macam pompuan elegant bila pakai perfume ni. Hahhaha. It lasts quite long on my body, rasa macam nak beli sebijik tapi tulah Charlotte Tilbury takde kat Malaysia..................

Random

Okay random stuff ni memang sangat mak mak because I have been reorganizing my mom's kitchen. If you're following me on Instagram, I did story story a bit on what was the real situation and whatnot. Hoho.

So my parents renovated our house and they built another kitchen at the back so we have an old kitchen but lucky it wasn't super large. Since we're not using the kitchen, it's basically jadi "miscellaneous hall" so we have the dining table there, washing machine and kitchen counters that we don't use anymore. So the old kitchen cabinets semua penuh dengan old stuff, kira jadi macam stor pon ada jugak so I didn't what got into me, I just felt like clearing the whole space and make things super organized and I think it all started when I bukak recommended videos tab on Youtube. Tau tak dia recommend apa? How to organize your kitchen.......................... So terus inspired lah konon HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHA

My mom's old kitchen cabinets was made from solid wood, yelah dapur dulu-dulu bukan macam sekarang. Solid wood dulu mak aku kata, mak aku kata lah, murah tak macam sekarang. Taktau lah kan murah dia tu macam mana. So tengah korek-korek tu jumpa jugak her cleaning supplies, she bought some stuff from Cosway and I saw this Cosway PowerMax Wood and Leather Restorer so terus aku try buat kat cabinet dia and I'm like SHOOK, shiny shiny gitu sis.

Another mak mak item is the Clorox Mold and Mildew Remover. Let's be honest, aku rasa tak semua orang rajin nak scrub dinding bagai kan. Kalau jenis neat and clean yela but me, aku memang malas. Biasa aku suruh husband aku buat je. Tapi biasalah lelaki...... Mestilah kita macam tak puas hati sangat kan so I decided to buy this at Aeon. It was on sale so why the heck not aisudjkasdla macam biasa. Then I just spray spray lah kat mana ada mold and mildew tu and just wait for few minutes terus takde dah weh aku SHOOK gila aoisdjklasdlas. But the smell tho, sebab dia Clorox, haaa memang bau Clorox so kena bukak tingkap, pintu apa semua lah tau. Hahaha. But this one gets in those little corners ke crevices ke apa ko takyah sental pon weh biar je pastu bilas. Habis. Pemalas people approved this.



So yeah. I think that should be all for tonight.

I hope you guys enjoy reading this. What's your favourite items in January?! Let me know heeeee

Thank you.

Stay gorgeous! <3


.iffahs.

No comments:

Post a Comment