Search This Blog

Featured Post

Q&A: Which of The Ordinary Serums That Are Suitable For My Skintype? / What Are Your Recommendations?

Assalamualaikum and hello my lovely Pah people So since I have been selling The Ordinary serums, a lot of people ask me which serum...

Wednesday, April 12, 2017

Review: The Ordinary Natural Moisturizing Factors + HA

Assalamualaikum and hello my beautiful people.


I am back again with another The Ordinary product review. I have briefly tweeted about it and I think it is time for me to write a full review on it. So let's start!

** completely forgot that it's my blog birthday. Happy birthday blog Pah. Wow. It has been 2 years. I truly sorry for not updating as much. Sigh. Anyways.

PRODUCT INFO

Natural Moisturizing Factors (NMF) are elements that keep the outer layer of the skin protected and well-hydrated. NMF are made up of multiple amino acids, fatty acids, triglycerides, urea, ceramides, phospholipids, glycerin, saccharides, sodium PCA, hyaluronic acid and many other compounds that are naturally present in the skin. 

This formula offers non-greasy hydration that acts as a direct topical supplement of impaired NMF components. It contains 11 amino acids, phospholipids, alpha/beta/gamma fatty acids, triglycerides, sterols and sterol esters, glycerin, ceramide precursors, urea, saccharides, sodium PCA and hyaluronic acid. It offers immediate hydration and lasting results with continued use. 

Directions
Apply after serums as needed for effective surface hydration.

Price: GBP4.90 (30ml)
My price: RM42


INGREDIENTS

Aqua (Water), Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Cetyl Alcohol, Propanediol, Stearyl Alcohol, Glycerin, Sodium Hyaluronate, Arginine, Aspartic Acid, Glycine, Alanine, Serine, Valine, Isoleucine, Proline, Threonine, Histidine, Phenylalanine, Glucose, Maltose, Fructose, Trehalose, Sodium PCA, PCA, Sodium Lactate, Urea, Allantoin, Linoleic Acid, Oleic Acid, Phytosteryl Canola Glycerides, Palmitic Acid, Stearic Acid, Lecithin, Triolein, Tocopherol, Carbomer, Isoceteth-20, Polysorbate 60, Sodium Chloride, Citric Acid, Trisodium Ethylenediamine Disuccinate, Pentylene Glycol, Triethanolamine, Sodium Hydroxide, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin.

REVIEW

So I didn't really read reviews on this product, I just purchased it because I want a decent moisturizer ya know?

So let's talk packaging first. So The Ordinary products all of them basically has a full ounce of product. Which is pretty nice and normal but when it comes to moisturizer, the average amount of product would be 50ml-100ml, depending on the brands lah kan. So it is a downer for me but since it's affordable, I'm not gonna cut the rating for it. I love how simple the tube packaging and all, it's hygienic, everyone is into this kinda packaging now huh? And they're all fragrance free, so if you're sensitive to scent, can try them. Hihi :)

I wanna say it's a heavy and thick moisturizer but it's not really that heavy. It actually feels okay on the skin, personally I don't prefer this kind of moisturizer. It feels very thick to the touch and it's not runny at all. Kalau picit, keluar macam taik, haa macam tulah. You can melt it with the warmth of your hand. Gituuuu. It actually feels like the Cetaphil Moisturizing Cream. The ingredients are totally different but the texture feels so similar with each other.

Seriously dude, it is so thick as you can see here siap boleh berdiri lagi o_O

The first time I applied it, I was like, ugh what the heck is this... Why is it so heavy on the skin? I didn't applied too much at that time but I could feel that this moisturizer is suitable for dry skin peeps. I could feel it has like a film on the skin but it's not. It is a hybrid between emollient and humectant moisturizer. So it can feel quite moisturizing but a bit balmy I guess? Downside is since the moisturizer is quite thick, you cannot biar the excess product dekat lid cover tu kalau tak, dia jadi keraih.


Product build up (keraihhhhhh)

So I used it at night with The Ordinary Rose Hip Seed Oil and oh my god I think both of them are a great combination. They really compliment each other ya know? Safe to say, both of them as become my fave combo. Hihi.

I did used it under makeup and I had no issue what so ever except my face jadi cepat oily but muka aku memang oily pon so sis redha jelah. But it didn't make my foundation jadi cair ke apa ke, dia just fade macam biasa je. Which is great for me, I fricking hate moisturizer yang boleh buat my foundation cair ya know?

I had sunburn rash on my cheeks and my chin few weeks ago and this moisturizer helps my skin to heal quickly and my skin didn't feel tight and no more dry, flakey skin after I used it consistently in the morning and night for 3 days. It is so gentle when my skin was like super sensitive, some moisturizers I used at that time made my skin irritated even more. If you have sensitive dry skin, I think your skin would love this moisturizer.

Pros
Affordable
Moisturizing
Simple tube packaging
Hygienic
Great under makeup

Cons
Has 30ml/1oz of product only
Not suitable for daytime (for oily skin peeps)

Final thoughts: I actually love using this moisturizer, I think my skin feels so hydrated after using it. I highly recommend it for sensitive skin peeps because it is a really gentle moisturizer and it's soothing on the skin. Loooove it.

Rating: ★★★★★


So yeah. I hope you guys find this helpful in any way.

Thank you for reading.

Stay gorgeous <3


.iffahs.



MOOOAAARRRR
The Ordinary

5 comments:

  1. Uuuuu... i was thinking of purchasing this. Sbb lately kulit i cm da jadi dehydrated ke kering ke cmne nk ckp. Esp kt bhgn pipi. Nak order skali dgn alpha arbutin la sbb da tinggal sikittt.will contact you laterrr

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ala yeke... yg ni mmg the best kalau kulit kering dry patches bagai hehehe

      Delete
  2. I have oily skin and large pores. What moisturiser do you recommend me?
    Help me out by finding this moisturizer fkr my skin type. Haha.
    Lately, ive been using a moisturizer from Sebamed, but I think it doesnt do me any good. So, im trying to find the right one. 😃
    Anyway, thanks for the review ☺

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hello it depends. but for oily skin, i would recommend you to use hydrating toner like the hada labo hdyration lotion. they're really good

      Delete
  3. Hi, I've been searching lots of review about this particular moisturizer. I have oily but dehydrated skin, is this suitable for that type of skin? And where did you purchase it sis? ��

    ReplyDelete