Search This Blog

Featured Post

Q&A: Which of The Ordinary Serums That Are Suitable For My Skintype? / What Are Your Recommendations?

Assalamualaikum and hello my lovely Pah people So since I have been selling The Ordinary serums, a lot of people ask me which serum...

Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Top 10 Favourite Lipsticks

Assalamualaikum and hello ladies!


So for today's post, I wanna share my top 10 lipsticks, in no particular order. And of course, the shades are quite similar with each other but hey, that's my kind of color ya know. LOL. So here we go! Also, I don't own a very good quality camera, so I'm using my iPhone. I captured all photos at night so the lipsticks gonna look a lil bit different... So yeah. Okay. Let's.



1. Maybelline ColorSensational Lipcolor in 235 Warm Me Up

Description: Pinkish brown
Texture: Moisturizing, not too dry on me. Can use it alone without lipbalm
Packaging: Sturdy but lightweight

So the first one is this Maybelline lipstick. I really love it for everyday lipcolor. I keep it in my pouch along with my lipbalm. (Can't live without lipbalms!) It is my go-to lipstick when I don't feel like wearing bright lipsticks... Eh I don't really wear brights. LOL. So yeah. It looks quite natural on me, looks like my lips. I think so... Safe to say that this is totally MLBB (My Lips But Better). Smells nice too. 




2. Golden Rose Velvet Matte Lipstick in 07

Description: Nude light pink
Texture: Velvet matte (like what the tube said LOL), a bit drying
Packaging: Lightweight, quite okay

Golden Rose's brand is not that bad actually. I really love this lipstick and it's not that expensive. Under RM25, yes. UNDER RM25. This shade is actually too light for me but hey gotta make it work right? I always wear a pink lipliner under it. I really love this shade, it is the perfect nude light pink for me. Ahh love it. *kisses* It is quite drying as it is a matte lipstick, you can wear a lipgloss on top if you want to. Do whatever the heck you want ok. But it is not really opaque. As you can see my lip swatch below, can see it's a bit streaky. Maybe my lips is not that smooth either. So yeah. But I do love this no matter what. LOL. This lipstick smells okay. Like an average lipstick. I don't know.




3. Mac Lipstick in Faux (Satin finish)

Description: Nude pinkish beige (a bit gray-ish)
Texture: Satin. Feels a bit like a matte lipstick, but not drying
Packaging: Heavy & sturdy

I actually just bought this lipstick but it is in my top 10 because I really really really want it for so looooonngggg! Mana boleh tahan people kept raving about this MAC Faux so I just gotta have it! Swatched it at MAC store and I just, dammit I gotta have this baby! So I bought it. And I don't regret it. Even though it is pricey. But don't care. This lipstick is such a beautiful nude even though it looks even better with cooler skintone. I am pretty sure I have warm skintone. I think. LOL. Can see it is a bit gray-ish on me but ahhh it is just so beautiful. Love it.




4. Wet n Wild Megalast Lip Color in Just Peachy

Description: Nude peachy pink
Texture: Matte, a bit drying
Packaging: Blerghhh can accidentally cut your lipsticks in half if you're not careful

Okay this lipstick is like my HG lipstick. I really love the formula, but the one thing that I hate the most is the scent. If you cannot stand smelling something rotten on your lips, do not buy this lipstick. Actually when you apply it on your lips, the smell doesn't really stick but OMG sometimes I cannot stand the smell. I don't know why they did not even bother to put like a bit of fragrance because it is just bad. But hey. Thank God it is a good cheap lipstick. It's like 2-3 bucks in the US, so they don't really care about the smell. Formula is good, very pigmented and opaque. Lip swatch wasn't that pretty because my lips were quite dry. Pffft




5. NYX Black Label Lipstick in Bling

Description: Nude pink with a hint of brown
Texture: Creamy
Packaging: Sturdy, quite okay (better than Nyx Round Lipstick packaging)

I bought this lipstick because I honestly wanna try it. It is more pricey than other Nyx lipstick. People don't really rave about this lipstick but I think it's a good quality. I just hope it is not that creamy. Other than that, the color is just gorgeous. And yeah I know the're like a lot of similar shades here but I really do love this lipstick. It is more pink than the Maybelline Warm Me Up. And it's not brownish so it is MLBB. I do put this in my everyday pouch for like a month or so until I got bored of this. LOL. Then I'll change to something else. Oh yea, it smells like grape.




6. Makeup Revolution Amazing Lipstick in Divine (Matte)

Description: Nude light peach
Texture: Matte, a bit drying
Packaging: Quite okay for an 8 ringgit lipstick. YES!

Okay I think I should mention this earlier. I love peach shades for lipsticks. Hahaha. I think it's soft and girlish but not too girlish. You know what I'm sayin'? Ok continue. This lipstick is a long wearing lipstick. The texture is a bit weird. Smells like crayon. I think it is crayon, that's why it's long lasting. Everytime I eat anything with this lipstick, it just won't go anywhere. Because when you put it on, it's like you apply a layer onto your lips. I don't know how to explain to you but the layer is like a repellent for everything. I do wanna try other shades, this Amazing range has like tons of shades okay. Plus, 8 bucks aja. HOHOHOOHOHOHHOHOOHHOOHOH




7. NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream in Buenos Aires

Description: Light peach
Texture: Soft, creamy, velvety & drying
Packaging: So so

This shade is gorgeous and I always pair it with any pink lipliner. It is sooo beautiful but if I wear it on its own, it's a bit streaky and light. I don't know if I applied it wrongly but it is streaky on me but I don't care. It's pretty and it smells like food. Hoho.




8. Colourpop Cosmetics Lippie Stix in Lumiere

Description: Dusty mauve pink
Texture: Matte but moisturizing
Packaging: Cute & sturdy

I actually just bought this one too, but ahhhhhhhhhhh. It is created by the Youtuber, Kathleen Lights. I love Kathleen. She's so cute. Anyways, omg babe. It feels nice, looks nice, smells nice, packaging is nice. Ahhh. LOVE IT. It does look a bit brown-ish on me so I apply light lipstick on top if I wanna wear it. It is a bit dark for me, I don't really wear dark lipsticks because I will look older. I am already old so yeah.




9. COVO Matte Magic Lipstick in Icy Coral

Description: Peach
Texture: Matte, a bit drying
Packaging: Sturdy and has a little mirror!


Now, I bought this on sale. It was like 50% off ke apa I cannot remember it was a long time ago. This brand is not cheap I tell ya. Even Revlon lipsticks are much cheaper than this brand. But I was lucky to get it on sale. Bahaha. This is a bit deeper peach tone than my other peach lipsticks. But it's not that deep lah, still looks like nude lipstick so yeah. I really love this, smells quite nice. Texture is okay, but a bit drying. This lipstick pon masuk my everyday pouch.





10. Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick in Rose Velvet (Creme)

Description: Deep brown pink
Texture: Moisturizing, not too creamy
Packaging: Okay lorr


I am mentioning this lipstick even though I rarely use it because I really love the shade. This shade is actually beautiful, it is a darker nude and I bet it's gonna look really beautiful on darker skin tones. It is opaque of course. The creme ones aren't that bad. So yeah. LOVE IT.





All lipsticks swatches


L-R: 1-10


So yeah. That is all. Lol. Thank you.


-iffahs


More info:

No comments:

Post a Comment