Search This Blog

Featured Post

Q&A: Which of The Ordinary Serums That Are Suitable For My Skintype? / What Are Your Recommendations?

Assalamualaikum and hello my lovely Pah people So since I have been selling The Ordinary serums, a lot of people ask me which serum...

Monday, February 29, 2016

Review: L'Oreal Base Magique Transforming Smoothing Primer

Assalamualaikum and hello my lovely people doobeedoop doop doowap


Don't mind my intro, they're getting worse. LOL. I just wanna post something on leap day. Yea, it's 29 Feb 2016 today! Happy Leap Year! Hohohoho

So tonight I wanna share my thoughts on this L'Oreal Base Magique Transforming Smoothing Primer. Good lord, that's pretty long. Okay let's start!

PRODUCT INFO

Smoothness you can touch, transformation you can see, even up close!

BASE MAGIQUE transforming smoothing primer instantly smooths pores and creates an even surface, so that you get a more flawless make-up result that lasts.

The silky, lightweight formula glides onto skin and minimises the look of pores and fine lines to transform your skin surface.

Dermatologically Tested.

Thanks to a high concentration of elastomers, L'Oreal Paris Base Magique Transforming Smoothing Primer gives skin an incredibly even surface with fine lines and pores erased. The formula also contains soft powders to help absorb sebum, thereby mattifying theskin to reduce shine. The finishing touch: Skin that is smooth to the touch and with a silk like feel. Base Magique will guarantee a more perfect and longer-lasting make-up every time.

Base Magique Transforming Primer is suitable for most skin types, however if you are prone to exceptionally oily skin. It is recommended to use the primer only around the eye area.

- Skin must firstly be cleansed and moisturised.
- Primer is then applied by rubbing between fingers and spreading in athin layer over the entire face, or just to the areas where make-up does not last as long (such as around the chin, lips andeyelids).
- Allow to dry before applying foundation.

Ploop

INGREDIENTS

Cyclohexasiloxane, Dimethicone, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Silica, Acrylates Copolymer, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Aluminum Hydroxide, [+/- May Contain: CI 77891 / Titanium Dioxide, CI 77491 / Iron Oxides] FIL B30587/1

Reference (source from Skindeep)
Low Hazard
Moderate Hazard
High Hazard

REVIEW

To be honest, I have been eyeing this primer for quite sometime but I was on the fence to get it or not. I was like "oh the Bourjois is cheaper" but then I compare the amount of product I was like whaaaa. The L'Oreal one has 15ml of product and costs about RM52.85 (RM3.52/ml) while the Bourjois one has 8ml of product and costs about RM42.30 (RM5.28/ml). #howtobecheapo101

First impression: Small jar. Getting product out bila tinggal sikit could be a problem for me. LOL. Texture feels similar as the Bourjois Smoothing Primer but thicker. More like a balm.

Like I said so many times before, I have oily skin and any primers I use won't help with the oil. I just use primer to cover my large pores and this surprisingly covers em well! It doesn't clog my pores and I don't have any breakouts. (That's a plus right there) Oh and most of the ingredients in this product are safe, I'm quite surprised. I don't think it has a scent... Didn't smell like anything at all. LOL.

Banyak lagiiii~~~


Even though it is not long lasting on me, I'm still okay to continue using it. Might make it as my everyday primer. I can't use clear gel silicone-based primers, so yeah. Might opt to this. It is pricey if you're a cheapo but totally worth it because you don't really have to apply that much on your face. I just put it on my cheeks and my nose. That's all. I have used it for over a month now and there's no deep dent in the jar. LOL.


Pros: Cover my pores/imperfection very well, a little goes a long way, unscented,

Cons: Heavy jar, not so travel friendly, not helping in reducing the oil on muh face


Final thoughts: I love it for everyday use, I think it's worth the money even though it's pretty pricey but you get a lot of product so yeah. The rating on Makeup Alley is quite high, 3.9 out of 5. That's pretty good. Well, it is a good primer. Giving it 3 stars because it's not really helping with my excess oil. Hoho but I would recommend it to girls with large pores, normal to oily.

Rating: ★★★☆☆


So yeah. That's it guys. Hope this helps you in anyway.

Thank you for reading! :D



-iffahs

No comments:

Post a Comment