Search This Blog

Featured Post

Q&A: Which of The Ordinary Serums That Are Suitable For My Skintype? / What Are Your Recommendations?

Assalamualaikum and hello my lovely Pah people So since I have been selling The Ordinary serums, a lot of people ask me which serum...

Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Review: Sleek i-Divine Oh So Special Palette

Assalamualaikum and hello my beautiful people <3


So if you have been following me on Instagram, for these couple of days I've been posting few looks using the Sleek i-Divine Oh So Special palette. So today I wanna share my thoughts on this palette. Ok.

PRODUCT INFO


Sleek MakeUP’s legendary i-Divine eyeshadow palettes are 12 shades of super-pigmented, longlasting, mineral based eyeshadow, designed to suit all. Each i-Divine eyeshadow palette contains pearlescent shades, which contain mica particles that highlight and illuminate giving an overall radiant effect. Available in a variety of colour ways, your i-Divine is waiting for you.

Oh So Special includes ultra flattering pink and brown shades that will deliver perfect results no matter the occasion.

Take your look from day time chic with matte browns and creamy beiges, through to a sultry evening look with shimmering greys and smoky plums.

Available in 12 palettes designed to suit every mood, and trend.

12X1.1g/12x0.03oz

HOW TO: Get creative and blend contrasting colours together or mix shimmers with matte shades. Each i-Divine includes a classic matte dark colour, great to perfect that classic smoky effect.

INGREDIENTS

Mica, Talc, Kaolin, Magnesium Stearate, Dimethicone, Paraffinum Liquid (Mineral Oil), Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Propylparaben and Methylparaben, +/- [CI 77510, CI 77289, CI 77491, CI 77492].

Suitable for vegetarians. Not suitable for vegans.

Reference (source from Skindeep)
Low Hazard
Moderate Hazard
High Hazard

REVIEW

To be honest I do not know what's the theme of this palette. Something to do with soft colors? I guess. Whatever. LOL. I felt the need to buy ALL of the Sleek i-Divine palettes because the shades are just gorgeous and like I said before the pigmentation and the quality is just so superb! So I decided to buy this Oh So Special palette since it has kinda soft shades kot. Pffft.

Let's just go straight to the point here. The pigmentation for the metallic. shimmery eyeshadows are fricking superb but unfortunately the matte shades' pigmentation are just horrible. (Why do you hate me so much). As a palette, I love but I was quite disappointed with it. Maybe I got a bad batch? I don't know. You can still work with it but it's not as buttery (especially the lighter shades) as the other palettes that I have. I don't know man. It is travel friendly and also quite neutral if you wanna do a simple eye look.

L-R: Bow, Organza, Ribbon, Gift Basket, Glitz, Celebrate


Shades Description (credit: KeepingUpWithTheKelly)

Bow: matte off-white
Organza: pale shimmery pink
Ribbon: matte baby pink
Gift Basket: shimmery bronze
Glitz: shimmery blue-based grey
Celebrate: shimmery dark plum
Pamper: pale matte pink
Gateau:  shimmery pinky mauve
The Mail: matte caramel nude
Boxed: matte chocolate brown
Wrapped Up: matte plum-ish grey
Noir: pure matte black

L-R: Pamper, Gateau, The Mail, Boxed, Wrapped Up, Noir

I actually don't get why they put 2 pink shades in here, they look the same to me. LOL. I know some people would be like why would anyone needs a fricking pink eyeshadow. I think it kinda looked pretty if you put it in the crease under a darker shade, like it gives an effect.. How do you say... I don't know what's the word but you can see lah there's somethin' cool happenin' on your eyes. Haha.

My fave shades: Bow, Organza, Gateau, The Mail, Gift Basket, Boxed, Wrapped Up.

I did 3 looks using this palette, from glam to soft glam... I don't know, I am liking the word glam lately. Haha! Anyways. Here we go.

First look I did was supposed to be smokey but soft on the lids but it didn't turned out like I imagined it would be. This is a total fail. I use the shade Bow to set my entire eyes, Organza & Gateau all over the lids, Boxed in the crease, Celebrate on the outer crease (this screwed up my whole eye look) & Noir for my under eyes.

I shouldn't put Celebrate too much, I got overwhelmed and it was just a fricking disaster and my eyebrows was not on point. Products used mentioned in this post.


I wasn't satisfied at all with that first look so malam tu I decided to do some soft eye makeup look for Valentine's Day maybe. Pffffft. I went with softer shades. I used Bow to set my eyes, Ribbon & The Mail all over the crease, Organza all over the lid and Wrapped Up on the outer crease and my under eye shades. Pair it with lil bit of winged liner and voila. I love this eye look to be honest. Hohohoho. Products used mentioned here in this post.


Lastly, I wanted a glam look but "wearable". Hahaha and I was curious on what the Gift Basket shade looked like all over the lid as it is such a gorgeous bronze shade. I love bronze shade on the lids and I never actually use this shade before! So I used Bow (again) to set my entire eyes, Ribbon and The Mail all over crease, and of course the highlight of the show Gift Basket all over the lid (eye base is the Nyx Jumbo Pencil in Iced Mocha), Boxed on the outer crease and undereye and Noir on the outer crease just to make it deeper.

I did pair it with a bit of winged liner but not a thick one lah. I love this look. I don't know, I just love bronze shade. Kalau tak wearable pon aku boleh rock it because it is such a beautiful, gorgeous shade! Products used mentioned here.


Other eye look I've made with this palette: https://www.instagram.com/p/-D0oo8k36j


Tadaaaaaa

Final thoughts: I love the shades in this palette but some shades' pigmentation did not work for me. I was kinda disappointed lah because I really love Sleek eyeshadow palettes, they are the best affordable eyeshadow palettes that I've known of. But overall, I still think they are worth the money. It is now RM69 on Sephora.my (used to be Luxola.com, and it was only 53 bucks before, dammit Luxola) But if you really want a neutral palette, you can get their Au Naturel. They have lots of i-Divine palettes okay, go check em out! If I'm not mistaken, Wayne Goss raved about the i-Divine palettes before because they are pretty great. Okay!

Rating: ★★★☆☆


So yeah. That's it guys. I hope you enjoy this.

Thank you for reading! <3


-iffahs


MOOOAAAAARRRRR


No comments:

Post a Comment