Search This Blog

Featured Post

Q&A: Which of The Ordinary Serums That Are Suitable For My Skintype? / What Are Your Recommendations?

Assalamualaikum and hello my lovely Pah people So since I have been selling The Ordinary serums, a lot of people ask me which serum...

Sunday, May 15, 2016

My Makeup Stash: Liquid Lipsticks & Lip Glosses

Assalamualaikum and hello my awesome readers!


Wow so sorry for the long hiatus, now I am officially back! Yayyy! I'm so excited like I have a lot to share on my blog, arrgghhhh just need to find the time for it. Huhu. So yeah. Today I wanna share my liquid lipsticks and lip glosses stash. I don't have that many, well compared to other people this is a normal amount. LOL

Liquid Lipsticks

For someone who doesn't really like liquid lipsticks, I sure have a lot of em. LOL. It's not like I don't like it, I just prefer the regular bullet lipsticks. Liquid lipsticks dried up my lips pretty bad even though I apply lip balms and whatnot. So I just don't really use them that much.

(and if you see what shades I have... they're all quite similar... LOL)


Swatches below

1. Elianto Brilliant Riche Lip Colour - 04 Sexy

Shade description: Mauvey pink ? Dusty pink? I don't know. LOL
(No scent)
Price: RM31.90
Website: Elianto

The texture is quite thin but pigmented. I personally do not like this formula as my lips got so dried out and it's not a good look after you eat or drink. So yeah. I do not like the Elianto ones at all. Some people love it... I just can't. It is flakey on me, like I said, not a good look after eat/drink.

They have other 9 shades available, go check em out here

Transfer proof? Yes
Long Lasting? Maybe if it's not flakey
Finish? Matte
Rating: 3/5

2. Sephora Cream Lip Stain - 13 Marvelous Mauve

Shade description: Mauve with purple undertone on me
(Vanilla scented - not too strong)
Price: RM54
Website: Sephora Malaysia

Sephora Cream Lip Stain has one of the best liquid lipstick formula and it is quite affordable compared to any other high end liquid lipsticks (in my opinion). The texture is thin and very pigmented. It's kinda moussey but not too moussey ? It's creamy lah. LOL. It is quite long lasting on me but it's quite dry.

Transfer proof? Yes
Long Lasting? Yes
Finish? Matte
Rating: 4/5

3. Makeup Revolution Salvation Velvet Lacquer - What I Believe

Shade description: Baby pink with a bit of peach
(Smells weird, chemically scented)
Price: RM19.50
Website: Makeup Revolution Store

It's a cheap liquid lipstick so the quality is quite meh for me. I do not like the formula at all. It is VERY sticky. When I apply it on my lips, it's kinda hard to even it out on my lips. I don't know, I just hate it. LOL

Transfer proof? No
Long Lasting? No
Finish? Matte
Rating: 1/5

4. Collection Cream Puff Moisturizing Lip Cream - Cotton Candy

Shade description: Baby pink
(Candy scented - not too strong)
Price: GBP 2.99 (Bought it around RM28)
Website: Collection

It is a moussey type of liquid lipsticks so it's not drying and doesn't last that long. But I love it because it's not too drying. It has almost the same texture as the Nyx Soft Matte Lip Cream.

Transfer proof? Not really, wasn't obvious but still transfers a bit
Long Lasting? No
Finish? Satin Matte
Rating: 3.5/5

5. Nyx Soft Matte Lip Cream

Shade description: Soft coral (Buenos Aires), Mid-tone yellow-toned pink (Antwerp)
(Sweet scented - not too strong)
Price: RM24~RM30
Website: Nyx Cosmetics

Nyx SMLC also has one of the best liquid lipstick formula. Everyone loves it. Everyone raves about it. I personally love it as well. The formula is moussey, it's not super drying on my lips. Even though it dries kinda slow I actually don't mind because my lips don't feel super dry at all. LOVE IT.

Transfer proof? Yes
Long Lasting? Depends on what you eat/drink
Finish? Matte
Rating: 4/5

6. Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvet

Shade description: Raspberry red (Frambourjoise), deep warm nude shade (Nude-ist)
(Heavy chemical scent)
Price: RM45.45
Website: Bourjois

This has almost similar texture with Nyx SMLC, it's moussey and silky and velvety. But since it's kinda moussey, it's a bit hard to apply it evenly. A little goes a long way. It is an okay liquid lipstick, I just freaking hate the chemical scent.

Transfer proof? Yes
Long Lasting? Depends on what you eat/drink
Finish? Matte
Rating: 3.5/5

7. Maybelline Velvet Matte Liquid Lip Color - MAT 12

Shade description: Nude peachy pink
Price: RM29.90
Website: Maybelline

Like the product name, it is a velvety liquid lipstick. But I just can't brain why they did called it "Velvet Matte"? It's not even matte. I mean, even if I let it dry, it's not matte. Feels a bit glossy? I don't know. But I really love this shade. It's fricking gorgeous. But for the price, you guys better skip this and buy the Nyx Soft Matte Lip Cream.

Transfer proof? No
Long Lasting? No
Finish? Satin matte - very very the slow to dry one
Rating: 2.5/5


Swatches

My fave formula would be the Nyx Soft Matte Lip Cream and the Bourjois Rogue Edition Velvet. They are super creamy, not too drying. Perfect for non liquid lipsticks lover like me. LOL
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lip Glosses

Not sure if I mentioned in my blog before but I don't really like lip glosses just because they are glossy (pffft) and they're sticky and they make your lipsticks fade off really quick. Me no likey. But I still buy them for makeup look purposes. LOL.


Swatches below

Just to share how I define the finishes and all is according to the points down below.
(Source: XOVAIN)

Milky
Lip glosses with a milky finish are quite popular right now, especially in European markets. They tend to have more color payoff than translucent shades. The relative discretion of milky finishes makes them easier to wear on naturally plump lips.

Iridescent and Pearlescent
Lip glosses with an iridescent or a pearlescent finish can be either really modern or really dated. Generally, the finer the shine particles, the more successful the finished look. Pearlescent finishes can veer quickly off into 1980s frosted territory.

Shimmer and Glitter
Shimmery and glittery lip gloss are one of the most traditional finishes. These finishes are particularly popular with very young women. At their best, these shades are fun and collectible; at their worst, they are infantile and immature.

Lacquer
Lacquer refers to opaque lip glosses with heavy shine. The popularity of this finish has grown dramatically since the release of Shiseido Lacquer Rouge in 2012. The quality of a lacquer is judged mainly by the homogeny and intensity of the color as well as the degree of shine. A good lip lacquer should entirely obscure the lines in the lips while depositing a completely opaque color in minimal sweeps across the lips.

1. IN2IT Colourshine Lip Gloss

Shade description: Peachy pink
(sweet scent - fruity, unflavoured)
Price: (got it for free)
Website: (not available)

I don't really know what's the shade name, I can't find any info on it. I think they discontinued it, I don't know. It's a decent lip gloss. Your typical shimmery lip gloss, know what I'm sayin'? I prefer a gloss without those shimmery glittery stuff. So yeah. And the applicator is a brush applicator, like the LA Girl Pro Conceal HD Concealer. Yeah. Not easy to apply with that kind of applicator. But the color is quite nice.

Sticky? A bit but bearable
Slippery? No
Finish? Shimmery finish
Rating: 2.5/5

2. WOW! Gloss - Pretend to be Psyched

Shade description: Baby pink
(unscented, unflavoured)
Price: RM12.94
Website: Makeup Revolution Store

This lip gloss used to be my go to lip gloss. It is such a perfect baby pink. It's gorgeous. It's not shimmery, that's why I love it so much. Hihih. Love love love it. It has a paddle kinda applicator. It's a bit messy.

Sticky? A bit but bearable
Slippery? A bit but bearable
Finish? Milky finish
Rating: 3.5/5

3. Revlon Super Lustrous Lip Gloss - Snow Pink

Shade description: warm-toned, light beige with champagne gold shimmer. (Temptalia)
(faint chemical scent, unflavoured)
Price: RM31.80
Website: Revlon

I love the shade, you can use it on any lipsticks you want but it's too sticky for my taste. Surprisingly even though it has a bulky packaging, it only has 3.8ml of product and it's pretty pricey. So yeah. Mehhh for that.

Sticky? Yes
Slippery? No
Finish? Shimmer/Glitter finish
Rating: 2/5

4. Golden Rose Color Sensation Lipgloss - 117

Shade description: Peach with brown undertone
(Vanilla + chemical scent, unflavoured)
Price: RM25
Website: Golden Rose Malaysia

Another one of my favourite lip gloss formula. It's just sooo gorgeous. The shade is so pretty, I love everything about it. It does have a paddle applicator but I'm actually okay with it. It's not as messy as the Wow gloss. Don't know why.

Sticky? No
Slippery? No
Finish? Milky finish
Rating: 4/5

5. Nyx Round Lip Gloss - 01 True Red

Shade description: Blue-toned red
(Smells like Eno, tastes like Eno too LOL)
Price: (unknown)
Website: Discontinued

I got this as a gift, not sure how much is this because I think it's already been discontinued. It's a decent lip gloss but I don't really wear this kinda shade... So yeah. LOL

Sticky? A bit but bearable
Slippery? No
Finish? Lacquer finish (but did not stain lips)
Rating: 2.5/5

6. Bourjois Rouge Edition Aqua Laque - 02 Rose on the Rocks

Shade description: Light/nude rosey pink
Price: RM45.45
Website: Bourjois

Now this lip gloss is totally one of a kind. It's totally a different formula than other lip glosses out there. Well, I'm not sure bout the others but I have never ever tried anything like this. It's like putting colored water on your lips and your lips will feel like it was splashed, I don't know how to explain it. It's really weird but it's so fricking awesome. I really really love the formula. You guys should try the testers or buy one, it's really good!

Sticky? No
Slippery? No
Finish? Not sure what but I'm gonna go with lacquer
Rating: 4/5

7. Sephora Jumbo Color Wand For Lips - Day Dreamer

Shade description: 1 - Shimmery light pink, 2 - Metallic light pink, 3 - Milky pink, 4 - Shimmery pink, 5 - Shimmery bright pink, 6 - Milky reddish pink
(Fruity scent, mango-flavoured)
Price: (unknown)
Website: (not available)

This was a gift from a colleague. I really enjoy wearing this gloss because it is mango flavoured, it's super yummy. Hahaha. My fave shade is no 3 (milky pink) of course. The formula is quite nice, not sticky at all. I love it.

Sticky? No
Slippery? No
Finish? Shimmery/Metallic/Milky
Rating: 4/5

8. Nyx Butter Gloss - Tiramisu



Shade description: Peachy brown
(sweet scent, unflavoured)
Price: RM24-RM30
Website: Nyx Website

Decided to add this in at the last minute just because I think it deserves a spot in this post. LOL. This is the most beautiful gloss formula I have ever tried. I'm not kidding you. It's fricking gorgeous. It goes on smooth and it's not slippery at all. It's just so fricking perfect. I love it so much I am just super obsessed with it. I have never ever been so obsessed with a lip gloss but this one totally change the game. I know I'm exaggerating but dang it's so fricking good! I wore it in my recent Instagram video HERE.



Sticky? No
Slippery? No
Finish? Milky finish
Rating: 4.5/5


Swatches

My fave lip gloss formula would be the Nyx Butter Gloss, Golden Rose Color Sensation Lipgloss and the Bourjois Rogue Edition Aqua Laque. I would say the Nyx and Golden Rose both have similar formula and the Bourjois one is just different and just perfect. I love em all!

I thought this post ain't gon be long, but it's still super long. Sorry :/

So yeah. I hope you guys will find this helpful.

Thank you for reading.


.iffahs.



Other mymakeupstash series: HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment