Search This Blog

Featured Post

Q&A: Which of The Ordinary Serums That Are Suitable For My Skintype? / What Are Your Recommendations?

Assalamualaikum and hello my lovely Pah people So since I have been selling The Ordinary serums, a lot of people ask me which serum...

Wednesday, May 4, 2016

My Skincare Routine: How I Prep My Skin Before My Wedding Day

Assalamualaikum and hello my gorgeous, beautiful readers.

Gitu.

Sorry I have been missing for so long, wee now I am officially a Puan. Hahaha

So today I wanna share with you guys what I did to prep my skin before my big day. So yeah. Let's go ahead!


Okay first. Let me tell ya what mistakes I did before my big day. I did not do full research on what I should or should not do. I just read that you can't change your skincare routine like a month before. That's all.

I was pretty lucky that my office had like a "special" day for celebrating women and stuff (end of March) so they had like few beauty booths and all and you can do a free skin analysis dekat booth tu so I was like, what the heck. Kalau diorang promote apa-apa, aku rejek jela bulat-bulat.

So yang buat skin analysis aku tu is Dr Riza Hartini Razali. She actually owns a beauty salon, Ariana Ming Beauty Boutique. At that time, aku taktau pon dia doktor, entah kenapa aku tak tangkap dia as a doctor. She was very humble and cara dia cakap pon lembut je. So when she did my analysis, dia ada sebut pasal my skin oily sebab my brain rasa macam kulit aku kering sangat so kira dia bagi signal untuk produce more oil to keep it moisturized even though aku dah sapu moisturizer. She said it could be because aku ada banyak dead skin cells under my first layer of skin. Kan kulit kan banyak layer, aku pon taktau lah layer ke berapa tu LOL. (Skin age was 27)

She also mentioned that I have few pigmentation that was caused by the sun and UV light. Biasa dengar kan kalau tak pakai sunblock/sunscreen sebenarnya can cause the pigmentation and skin cancer kan? I was like so broken hearted. Tu lah Pah malas lagi. T_T. Then she said, kalau malas pakai sunblock sebab oily, beli lah yang powder punya. Tapi aku tak beli la sebab time tu belum gaji. Pfffft. Then she recommended microdermabrasion treatment for my skin. Okay lah, aku pon pergi kat kaunter sebelah tu, akak ni (Kak Rita) dia suruh buat micro scrubber dulu. Pastu pulak dia buat offer, harga asal 100 lebih macam tu and for my company dapat diskaun for RM98. Aku pon beli jela dulu sebab aku memang nak cantikkan kulit aku ni. LOL.

Masa aku pergi buat micro-scrubbing treatment tu pon was like 3 weeks before my big day. Yang buat treatment tu staff Dr Riza and I forgot her name. Tangan dia ya ampon lembut gitu. I think they're using products from Janssen Cosmetics. So first she cleansed my skin with macam cleansing lotion ke milk tah. Then she scrubbed my face using face scrub. Yes the harsh one. Not the exfoliator one. Lepas tu tak silap aku, she steamed my face for a couple of minutes. Can't remember how long. Macam nak tertidur jugak lah tunggu. Then after that, dia pakai machine yang untuk buang sel-sel kulit mati and all. So she did like half of my face and show me the difference. Sebelah jadi cerah gila, and sebelah lagi macam mehhh. Aku pon macam fascinated jugak lah. Then she asked me if I wanted to add serum for RM38... Kot. Aku pon tak ingat how much. So aku pon cakap hmm add jela. Alang-alang kulit fresh kan. LOL. After she applied the serum, she used a machine macam bzz bzz macam tu. Takde rasa kena electric shock pon tapi machine tu bunyik dia bzz bzz hahahahaha. So the machine macam helps the serum to penetrate into the skin lah macam tu. Oh sebelum pakai serum tu ada jugak buang blackhead and all. Okay pastu aku rasa pakai mask. Not sure what mask but it was quite cooling and refreshing. Tertidur rasanya masa pakai mask tu kahkah. And after mask tu she applied toner, moisturizer, sunblock onto my skin. Phewww. Best.

After the treatment, aku mintak lah nak tengok bridal package sebab alang-alang kan orang suruh aku pegi spa lah mandi bunga lah apa lah kan. Masa aku beli ni ada offer, it was RM288. Ada sauna, 3-in-1 body stuff (body scrub, body massage, body mask), pastu mandi bunga and susu LOL. Rasa macam princess. Lepas tu glowing facial with serum and all and lastly hand paraffin. Aku buat appointment on the 3rd week of April.

Meanwhile, I don't know why I was looking for chemical exfoliant. I really wanted to try the Paula's Choice BHA liquid exfoliant. At first, I feel like buying it from Paula's Choice Singapore website but someone gave me the link to Malaysia's Paula's Choice agent (Worthee Cosmetics) so I was like haruslah aku beli kan. Masa tu pulak ada 10% off, lagi happy aku. It was not cheap, but it was not expensive either. Masa aku beli tu it was RM148 something. Harga asal was RM165. Hohoho. Then I bought it. Even though aku tau aku nak kena pakai duit tapi aku beli jugak aisudkjasdlas tak faham aiusdjkasdlasd

I used that for 4 nights and my dead/dried out skin was like peeking through. Kalau aku pakai foundation memang obviously gila satu muka hahaha. I story story more on my instagram. You guys can read it here. After I used that, my skin was certainly got better. Much smoother and not dull anymore. Alhamdulillah my face looked really glowy on my wedding day. I was lucky that the chemical exfoliant did not cause any purging on me. Or else, it's gonna be hell for me and surprisingly, I wasn't stressed out before my big day so I don't really have any tips to avoid stress. I do feel a bit stress but it was not that bad. I didn't have any cystic acne either! Weeee.


Two nights before my big day, I cleanse and exfoliate, then steam my face and I use a mask after.

Like I said so many times before, I am not a beautician. You guys really should see a certified dermatologist if you really are concern about your skin. Don't start using those funky local beauty products, not saying any specific brands but I know Babies Blink and Nourain do shit on your skin. You don't wanna spend more to fix your skin apa semua. Better spend on GREAT/TRUSTED skincare products. And please, do all the consultations and whatnot like 3-6 months before. Nanti dah takde masa sangat nak buat benda lain, Salah aku, aku buat 1 month before so aku tak sempat sangat nak buat full skincare stuff. LOL.

Aku rasa buat micro scrubber tu memang totally changed my skin. Buat sekali pon cukup like a month before ke or kalau nak buat selalu pon boleh. They have few packages and whatnot. You guys can go to any beauty salon yang ada buat micro scrubbing and whatnot.


Using these products every night for well-hydrated skin and stuff LOL

The only skincare yang aku tukar is using the Paula's Choice Skin Perfecting 2% BHA Liquid Exfoliant. I swear by it. My skin totally got so much better using it for only 4 days. That's fricking amazing. But like I said in my instagram post, beli yang trial lah kalau taknak pakai banyak or rasa macam mahal sangat ke kan. Even trial bottle pon dekat 70 bucks jugak tapi sangat berbaloi. Ada beza AHA dengan BHA. Ni aku ambik points from Paula's Choice punya website.

Posted a full review on it here

"AHAs are preferred for those whose chief concerns is sun damage because they primarily exfoliate skin’s uppermost layers.

BHA is ideal for treating acne-prone skin, blackheads, enlarged pores, and milia due to its ability to penetrate the oil that’s clogging your pores -- this is basically why I chose to buy the BHA exfoliant

BHA has anti-inflammatory and antibacterial action. That’s two more reasons to use a BHA exfoliant if you have acne or sensitive, reddened skin.

BHA is preferred for those struggling with rosacea. Not everyone who has rosacea-prone skin can tolerate an exfoliant, but those who can will see reduced redness and smoother skin. (Salicylic acid’s antimicrobial action also may benefit rosacea because there’s some research suggesting that certain microbes on skin may be causing or contributing to the disorder.)"

I think both AHA and BHA pon boleh pakai. But if you want to repair your skin much deeper, go for BHA. I don't really know what other products yang macam Paula's Choice ni. Aku rasa Hada Labo ada Mild Peeling Lotion. I think that was AHA kot. Well I'm not sure. But you guys can totally check it out. Aku kalau boleh nak pakai yang potent terus sebab effect lebih cepat? Huhu.

Uhh, this post is quite long so I'm gonna stop here. I'm not recommending products I use just because lain orang, lain effect dia. But I really do swear by the Paula's Choice BHA Liquid Exfoliant. It's fricking amazing. If you can get your hands on it, go for it.

So yeah. That's it guys. I hope this post will help you in any way.

Thank you for reading. <3

.iffahs.


Products I used:

Himalaya Lemon Face Wash
The Body Shop Seaweed Pore Cleansing Facial Exfoliator
Mario Badescu Temporary Lifting Mask
Nutox Astringent Toner
Paula's Choice Skin Perfecting 2% BHA Liquid Exfoliant
Bio-Essence 24k Bio-Gold Gold Water
Nutox Serum Concentrate
Safi Rania Gold Eye Contour Cream
The Body Shop Vitamin E Nourishing Night Cream



MOOOAAARRRR
15 Essential Wedding Skincare Tips To Get A Gorgeous Bridal Glow
Head-to-Toe Bridal Beauty Prep Guide
10 Must Follow Tips To Get Glowing Skin For Brides
Alpha and Beta Hydroxy Acids: Which One Is Right for You?

4 comments:

  1. Huwaaa nak beli BHA tuu. Kire BHA pun boleh untuk sun damage plus ada other more benefits kan. I think 30ml pun mcm not bad je. Im currently using neutrogena fine fairness serum. Sebab ada retinol. Not bad la. Tp habis nnt nk try paula's choice pulak.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. betul tu, mcm2 dia boleh buat. mmg after pakai tu kulit jd kasaq sikit sbb dia mengelupas but once you treat it well, terus jd cantik gituuuu. i xleh plak pakai neutrogena... mesti breakout

      Delete