Search This Blog

Featured Post

Q&A: Which of The Ordinary Serums That Are Suitable For My Skintype? / What Are Your Recommendations?

Assalamualaikum and hello my lovely Pah people So since I have been selling The Ordinary serums, a lot of people ask me which serum...

Sunday, July 10, 2016

Tutorial: How I Contour My Nose (Soft Contouring)

Assalamualaikum and hello my lovely people!


So tonight I wanna share with you guys how I contour my nose. Okay, I know it's like "hmmm tak tajam macam mat saleh pon" but what to do leh I have Asian nose.

I have been trying a lot of method but all of em looked kinda sucked. Like it's not subtle and some powders are just really hard to blend and some super warm shade. So I am sharing what products I think works the most on my skintone, what tools I'm using and whatnot. So yeah. Let's!

Tadaaaaa

So I'm gonna show you 2 methods, as you can see on the pic above, both sides looks so different than one another. Haaaa. Yes, I did that on purpose. So yeah. LOL

I don't cream contour because like I said so many times before, I have oily combo skin. But now, when I use these products below, I find that my nose didn't get super oily or anything.


Swatches (T-B): Benefit Hoola, The Balm Bahama Mama, LA Girl PRO Conceal HD Concealer - Toast


Fave tools for contouring

First, I'm gonna show you what I always do whenever I film a makeup look (well sometimes if I'm going out, I do contour/highlight but not always). I use the LA Girl Pro Conceal HD Concealer in the shade Toast for contour and shade Natural for highlight.

So for highlight, I put the concealer under my eye, sometimes bridge of my nose (if I'm going out, I don't highlight my nose with concealer because I find some foundations were separated whenever I put concealer). Other than that, I also highlight my forehead and chin.

For contour, I only contour on the sides of my nose. Let's be real, kalau contour and pakai hijab macam pretty useless to carve those cheekbones and whatnot. Macam buat habis energy to blend that shit on the sides of my face so I just stick to my nose. Hahaha. Usually I just bronze my face just to give some definition tapi tulah. Bukan nampak sangat pon! Hahah

Demo below:


For this look, I only highlight my undereyes and contour the right side of my nose sampai kat nostril as you can see. For my nose, I'm using BH Cosmetics Small Angled Contouring Face Brush from the Sculpt & Blend set. For me, it's easier to apply with a brush first, then blend them out. If you're using a sponge, it has to be like super small or sharp like the cosmetic wedges. If you're using something like Beauty Blender, it won't be as defined as you want it to be ya know?

I blend them all using Beauty Blender PRO. Love that bish. As you can see, it looks pretty defined but soft on the right side.  I don't even put contour on my left side of the nose but natural shading goin' on there. So it's kinda hard for me to bajet which part to contour and whatnot.


So for my left part of my nose, I'm using Benefit Hoola bronzer and I'm using the Sigma F40 - Large Angled Contour Brush. It is not a small brush, I just use the edge to make it more defined but as you can see here it didn't look sharp.

I know, talk talk only no understand so here I attached a video on how I contour my nose... Enjoy


If I wanted to look more defined and darker, I would use The Balm Bahama Mama. I don't use it on everyday basis but I like it. It's not super warm. Hoola has a bit of orange tone in it but Bahama Mama is more of a cool tone brown? Idk man. Bad at describing shades. LOL

I could cleanup the edges and whatnot but I'm lazy like that.

I find that using this concealer makes the contour lasts a bit longer than powder. My nose gets oily after few hours and if I contour with powder, my nose becomes Asian again. So the concealers did a pretty good job, I become Mat Saleh a bit for awhile. Maybe not mat saleh lah but you get what I mean. LOL

So yeah. I hope you guys find this helpful in any way.

Thank you for reading! :)


.iffahs.


MOOOAAARRR
LA Girl
Sephora - Benefit Hoola
Sephora - The Balm Bahama Mama (but don't buy at Sephora though, buy at Sasa - much cheaper)
BH Cosmetics website

No comments:

Post a Comment