Search This Blog

Featured Post

Q&A: Which of The Ordinary Serums That Are Suitable For My Skintype? / What Are Your Recommendations?

Assalamualaikum and hello my lovely Pah people So since I have been selling The Ordinary serums, a lot of people ask me which serum...

Wednesday, August 3, 2016

Review: Clinique Beyond Perfecting Foundation & Concealer

Assalamualaikum and hello my gorgeous people!


So I have been eyeing this foundation and it has few mixed reviews but Nicole Guerriero and Casey Holmes (hey Shaaanxo just uploaded her review) really liked it and they have oily skin as well. Ya know if muh oily gurls like em, it's gotta be something right?

So I have been using it for the past month or so and now I wanna share what are my thoughts on this foundation. Let's!

PRODUCT INFO

What it is
An oil-free foundation and concealer in one that achieves a flawless look that lasts all day.

What it does
This lightweight, moisturizing foundation and concealer provides full coverage without clogging pores. This 12-hour wear, breathable formula is ideal for very dry to combination oily skin types, its special polymer formula forms a flexible film that moves with the skin for lasting wear, and it dries slowly for easy blending. Get lasting coverage and give skin a perfected look that stays put, even through sweat and humidity. 



What else you need to know
Just one dip of the wand gives you a full-face application, and it can be used to spot-conceal, too. Due to the rich pigment level that enhances this flawless coverage makeup, shades may appear deeper when first applied. Once blended completely and allowed to dry, Beyond Perfecting Makeup will blend into your skin for a Beyond Perfected flawless look—a little goes a long way.

This product is ophthalmologist tested, allergy tested, and 100 percent fragrance free.

How to use
• Using the large backside of the wand, sweep foundation across your forehead, cheeks, and chin. Then use the angled tip of the applicator – that has a slight dip in it to hold more product – to cover down the bridge of the nose and across the jawline. Blend well with fingers.

•  Finish by using the pointy tip to spot conceal any trouble areas – under the eyes, around the outside of the nose, on top of blemishes. Pat and blend well with fingers

30ml - RM132 (RRP)
I swear to God it was RM132 when I bought and I checked the website it is now RM142 >_<

Available in 6 shades (Malaysia)

REVIEW

This foundation has mixed reviews but I really wanted to try it because Clinique is a high end brand that is not super expensive and stuff. Also they mentioned that their foundations has skincare benefits and stuff, I don't know about that but I would really love to try them out.

After watching and reading some reviews online, I finally decided to purchase it because Beauty Gurus said so. LOL. Look, I don't trust their reviews to be 100% honest but if oily skin peeps love it, I gotta love it too kan?

First impression: It's not as "full" coverage as I expected it to be. More of a medium to full coverage. Redness on my face is still peeking through and this foundation is buildable. It has skin finish - my fave finish of all


Blended nicely into the skin

The first impression itself didn't really "WOW" me, I just love the finish and I actually tried to wear it the whole day but somehow my day got interrupted and I couldn't wear it for more than 6 hours. But I did applied it again the next day, I'd say it wore well for more than 6 hours. After 8 hour mark, I noticed the foundation has disappeared? LOL. It was like melting but didn't know where they went. Even though I mentioned it's "melting", you can't really see it on the face. Some foundations tend to get cakey or just ewww wtf but this one, I really like it. I don't care if it's melted on my face because it fades well, not patchy or anything.

It did mentioned in the website that it is for ALL skin types and "moisturizing". I feel like it is more suitable for combination skin or maybe normal to dry skin. On my oily combination skin, it didn't really stay "matte" as it is not a matte foundation but for me personally I love the finish so I don't really mind if I get super oily in the day, I can just blot them ya know.

I'm not super into matte foundations now, I want a more skin finish kinda foundation and I think this is the perfect foundation for when you do not want a super full coverage and super matte face.

Some reviews online mentioned that it looks cakey and heavy but on me, it's the opposite. I actually in love with the finish and ahhh just love it! I don't know why people would hate this foundation but then again, lain orang lain experience. Huhu. I think maybe you guys should try to apply a bit dulu and see how it covers your face and whatnot.

If I'm using the Paula's Choice Resist Super-Light Wrinkle Defense SPF30, I will apply the foundation with my fingers and it just blends seamlessly and just melted into the skin. I use only tiny bit, just to have some coverage but dang. That's like my go-to method ya know?

I prefer using a Beauty Blender with this foundation. I find that when applying with a brush, it gets a bit streaky so I have to blend it in using a sponge. Oh and I actually use it for concealing under my eyes and I kinda like it. I don't know why and it does not crease at all! Oh FYI, I didn't use any primers (even my Nivea Post Shave Balm) while using this foundation. I think it held up pretty good. I just need to rajin blot my face because it is a moisturizing foundation.

Coverage: Medium to full, buildable
Consistency: Not too runny and not too thick, feels like a moisturizer
Packaging: Glass bottle with large applicator (like a concealer applicator) - pretty easy to apply on the face

Pros

Nice coverage
Skin finish
Easy to apply

Cons
Not long lasting

Photos of me wearing it:

Final thoughts: Of course you guys can tell I really love this foundation. I feel like L'Oreal True Match has almost similar formula but it's more dewy than the Clinique one. I usually don't mind spending on foundations because you want them to be long lasting on your face kan but then again, let's be real. I don't actually wear makeup for more than 6-8 hours because of prayers. Like I said, it's not like a "WOW" foundation but I feel it's worth my money because I just love the formula and all. I'm not gonna ask you guys to go get it but if you like medium coverage and natural finish foundation, this is for you.

Rating: ★★★★☆


So yeah. I hope you guys find this helpful in any way.

Thank you for reading! <3


.iffahs.


MOOOAAAAARRRRR

No comments:

Post a Comment