Search This Blog

Featured Post

Q&A: Which of The Ordinary Serums That Are Suitable For My Skintype? / What Are Your Recommendations?

Assalamualaikum and hello my lovely Pah people So since I have been selling The Ordinary serums, a lot of people ask me which serum...

Wednesday, August 24, 2016

Review: Maybelline Micellar Water

Assalamualaikum and hello my beautiful people!


I'm so sorry I have been away for quite some time. I'm not super busy, I've been slacking I don't know why. I'm sorry you guys. Well, life happens yall.

So I did a poll on Twitter and asked which cleansing water I should review first and this is it. I think I saw this Maybelline Micellar Water online before and then I went to Guardian and I was like shocked to see that it is in the store already! It is a totally different cleansing water than the previous one, which is the Maybelline Clean Express Miracle Water. Well, both of them are cleansing waters but which one is more effective? Haaa let me story story below


PRODUCT INFO

ZERO MAKEUP
ZERO IMPURITIES
ZERO POLLUTION

With Smart Micelles, the new Maybelline Micellar Water goes beyond makeup removal to protect your skin from air pollution. Removes, cleanses, hydrates and soothes your skin in one step!

Benefits
- Removes makeup softly
- Removes traces of impurities
- Soothes skin
- Skin feels hydrated all-day

Also
- Fragrance free
- Alcohol free
- Oil free
- Anti-pollution




INGREDIENTS

Aqua/Water, Hexylene Glycol, Glycerin, BHT, Disodium Cocoamphodiacetate, Disodium EDTA, Poloxamer 184 (Surfactant - Cleansing Agent), Polyaminopropryl Biguanide (Disinfectant)

Reference (source from Skindeep)
Low Hazard
Moderate Hazard
High Hazard

REVIEW

This Maybelline Micellar Water is quite new in the market and I actually never see any Youtubers outside Malaysia did a review on it. Not sure if it's only in the Asian market but hey.

Like I said earlier, I did poll and this baby is winning. So I tried it for couple of weeks. I didn't use it a full month because cleansing water? I mean, they don't do as much as moisturizers and stuff so yeah.

The packaging is quite simple but it does not have a pump. So that's like mehhh a bit for me. It's like a typical toner bottle, with the hole stuff and the screw cap... Ok.

It retails for RM24.90 for 200ml of product. Of course gonna make some calculations here.

Maybelline Micellar Water - RM24.90 (200ml) > RM0.12/ml
Biore Perfect Cleansing Water - RM35.10 (300ml) > RM0.12/ml
Sephora Triple Action Cleansing Water - RM49 (200ml) > RM0.25/ml
Maybelline Clean Express Miracle Water - RM19.90 (120ml) > RM0.17/ml
Nivea Bright Acne Oil Control Makeup Clear Cleansing Water - RM24.10 (200ml) > RM0.12/ml
Bifesta Brightup Cleansing Lotion - RM34.90 (300ml) > RM0.12/ml

It is even cheaper than the Maybelline Clean Express Miracle Water o_O

But in average as you can see, they are almost the same price. But of course the brands (except Sephora one) are always on sale on Watson's and Guardian so you could always save a few bucks. Hehe.

First impression: Watery (duh), unscented, feels clean on the skin, no film/stickiness

So the first time I used this cleansing water, I'm like, super impressed with it. It cleans everything! I wore a pretty good amount of makeup that day and I think I only used 1 cotton pad and I took another cotton pad but it was a waste because the second cotton pad has like very little leftover on it! How cool is that??

Of course, I tried to remove waterproof mascara with this cleansing water. I didn't have high hopes on it. I soaked a cotton pad and left it on my eye for 30 seconds and tried to remove as much as I can. Like I said, I don't have hopes, but but but, it did remove my waterproof mascara but it was time consuming because you have to take another cotton pad and soak it again and put it on your lashes and then you have to rub your eyes a little bit so my advise, stick to what you always use for waterproof mascara or try using an oil-based makeup remover like the Sephora Collection Waterproof Eye Makeup Remover. I loooove it. It removes my waterproof mascara so easily.


It removes my makeup pretty well, I've had glitters on that day and I have no issue using it! <3

Oh and I also used it to spot clean my brushes. Surprisingly, it got all of the pigments out! I have a blending brush with a dark purple eye shadow on it and I just swirled it few times and voila! So clean, like a new brush~ I used it with my round kabuki brush (use it for putting foundation) but it wasn't super clean. Well, I expected it as foundation brush is always hard to wash ya know. Oh ya, it got a bit "foamy" when I spot cleaning small brushes but just wipe it off with dry cloth and it's good. My brushes didn't feel stiff when it dries.

I forgot the most important thing, it does not irritate my eyes. Even when I was pushing the product to take of my mascara off, it was a bit drippy but it didn't sting my eyes!

Pros
Feels so clean
Does not sting my eyes
Does not leave a film or stickiness

Cons
Does not have a pump
Not super effective to remove waterproof mascara
A bit drying

Final thoughts: I know you guys expected this, I am soooo in love with this Maybelline Micellar Water! I think it's pretty damn good, considering the price and the bottle size, I mean everything about it is just bomb. For me, I look for the ones that don't sting my eyes and this one just climbed up into my top cleansing water list ya know. Hihi. It's affordable, it cleans your face well, ahhh. It's amazing. I love it. I do not have any reaction towards it. Looove it.

Rating: ★★★★☆


So yeah. I guess that is all for tonight.

Thank you for reading! <3


.iffahs.


MOOOOAAAARRRR
Guardian Malaysia
Gemfive
Zalora


No comments:

Post a Comment