Search This Blog

Featured Post

Q&A: Which of The Ordinary Serums That Are Suitable For My Skintype? / What Are Your Recommendations?

Assalamualaikum and hello my lovely Pah people So since I have been selling The Ordinary serums, a lot of people ask me which serum...

Wednesday, January 18, 2017

Review: Lipidol Overnight Face Oil

Assalamualaikum and hello Pah people.


So I have been using this face oil every single night before I go to bed and I feel like I need to tell you guys about it. It is an amazing product from Lipidol (from the makers of Bio-Oil) and it's affordable!

So yeah. Let's story story.

PRODUCT INFO

The outermost layer of the skin is an oily layer. Its purpose is to hold moisture in the skin; an important function because moisture facilitates enzyme activity, which in turn leads to healthy, radiant skin. There are however occasions when moisture does escape. The main culprit is daily washing with soap, which strips away the skin's oily layer. Another is a dry climate, which draws moisture from the skin into the outside air. Also, as the skin ages it produces less oil and it becomes harder to hold moisture in the skin. It is not possible to replace lost moisture by applying moisture to the skin as the skin's moisture comes from within. The advantage of using oil in everyday skincare is that the skin's natural oily layer is continually supplemented. The Lipidol products bring oil into daily skincare, helping the skin to retain its moisture Supplements the skin's natural oily layer stripped away by daily exposure to the elements.

DIRECTION FOR USE
Apply to face before going to sleep

Suitable for sensitive skin, non-acnegenic
Halal

INGREDIENTS

Paraffinum Liquidum, Isostearyl Isostearate, Ethylhexyl Cocoate, Isopropyl Palmitate, Cetearyl Ethylhexanoate, Rosa Canina Fruit Oil, Punica Granatum Seed Oil, Boswellia Serrata Resin Extract, Bisabolol, Retinyl Palmitate, Retinyl Acetate, Ascorbyl Isostearate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Pyridoxine Dipalmitate, Octyldodecyl PCA, Phytosterols, Plukenetia Volubilis Seed Oil, Carthamus Tinctorius Seed Oil, Borago Officinalis Seed Oil, Linoleic Acid, Linolenic Acid, Helianthus Annuus Seed Oil, Butylene Glycol, BHT, Cananga Odorata Flower Oil, Piper Nigrum Fruit Oil, Melia Azadirachta Seed Extract, Melia Azadirachta Leaf Extract, Melia Azadirachta Flower Extract, Curcuma Longa Root Extract, Lawsonia Inermis Flower/Fruit/Leaf Extract, Ocimum Sanctum Leaf Extract, Ocimum Basilicum Flower/Leaf Extract, Mica, Eclipta Prostrata Extract, Benzyl Benzoate, Benzyl Salicylate, Farnesol, Limonene, Linalool.

(Ylang-Ylang and Black Pepper essential oils fragrance)

REVIEW

As yall know, I used The Body Shop Vitamin E Overnight Serum-In-Oil and I loved it and somehow I stopped using it for a while and then when I started using it again, it broke me out so bad. So now I don't use the oil anymore and I still have like half of bottle left so I just put it in my bodycare and whatnot.

So I bought this face oil because I received a few samples of Lipidol from Guardian and I looooved them. Then I found out that Lipidol has face oil too and I'm like, hey why don't I try that... So then I bought it. LOL. It was like only RM24.90?!?!?!?!?!? So cheap, all of their products are RM24.90! Believe it or not.

The texture of this oil is not a watery oil, but it is more like a thicker consistency but it's not as thick as Heritage Store Castor Oil. I don't have any other example with thicker consistency so yeah. LOL.

The first time I put this on my face, I wasn't really into it. Like I said, it has a thicker consistency so my face looked a like a fricking disco ball and I felt like it didn't sink into my skin. I figured I must've put it too much on my face. So the next day, I use only 2 drops and OH MY GOD. My skin has never felt so alive! My skin was sooooo supple the next morning and surprisingly I didn't look like an oil slick!

Now, I have been using this face oil everyday for the past few months and I still have like 65% of product left. For RM24.90, it is sure as hell worth every penny. I did try using it as a "moisturizer" and I used like itty bitty drop and my face didn't get oily at all! I mean of course it's oily but it wasn't like putting on a day cream and all. If I put on day cream, it feels heavy on the skin but this one, I feel like I don't have anything on but didn't feel any tightness on my face at all.

Pros:
Skin feels so supple
A little goes a long way
Great value

Cons:
Product absorbs quite slow

Final thoughts: I really looooove this face oil. I cannot say enough great things about it. Despite of it being a thick oil, I do not have any breakouts while using it. It really is a holy grail product for me. Can't live without it. LOOOOVE IT


Rating: ★★★★☆


So yeah. I hope you guys find this helpful in any way.

Thank you for reading.

Stay gorgeous <3


.iffahs.


MOOOOAAAARRRRRRR
Lipidol
Guardian
Walmart

No comments:

Post a Comment