Search This Blog

Featured Post

Q&A: Which of The Ordinary Serums That Are Suitable For My Skintype? / What Are Your Recommendations?

Assalamualaikum and hello my lovely Pah people So since I have been selling The Ordinary serums, a lot of people ask me which serum...

Thursday, January 12, 2017

Review: Sukin Skincare Products

Assalamualaikum and hello my beautiful people.


Well, I have these Sukin products to share with you guys. I have been using them for like couple of months now. I have only 3 products to review, so let's see which one stole my heart. Gituuu.

I was supposed to post this yesterday but I was busy so I forgot about it. LOL. Seriously, I wanted to post this on Wednesday hahahaha. Tapi tulah. Hahahhaah whatever ok let's start


A lil bit of Sukin background.

Sukin was launched in 2007 by a Melbourne based family on a mission to provide high quality, affordable and effective natural skin and hair care.  

After identifying a gap in the market for attractive, high efficacy and affordable natural skincare, founders Simon and Alison, along with their father Peter, left their full time jobs to begin the Sukin brand.

Launching a skincare brand in a very cluttered and competitive market forced the trio to wear multiple hats, and adopt a firm brand positioning from the start. “Skincare that doesn’t cost the earth” is our tagline which reflects our affordable price positioning and also touches on Sukin’s natural formulations and earth friendly brand ethos,” explains Simon. “These elements have resonated well with our customers.”

Sukin continue to maintain a strong stance on the environment and sustainability and have been certified as 100% Carbon Neutral, Cruelty Free, and Vegan for many years now, with all formulations being biodegradable and grey water safe in addition. You can read more about our ethos in the sustainability section (linked).

Today, Sukin are Australia’s best selling natural skin care brand, with a portfolio of lines extending over more than 60 products across face, body and hair, and continuing to grow year on year.

Sukin’s skincare is still Australian made and owned, and is run by a dedicated young team, focused on remaining close to the ground and providing customers with the best natural skincare on the market.

WE KNOW NATURAL PRODUCTS

Sukin have rapidly grown to become Australia’s favourite and best selling natural skincare brand due to the high efficacy, reliability and availability of our products.

Our commitment to natural began with a simple list; what should never be found in your skincare? Sukin products therefore do not contain a myriad of harsh chemicals used in many products on the market today including sodium lauryl sulphate, sodium laureth sulphate, synthetic fragrances, animal derivatives, harsh detergents, propylene glycol, artificial colours, triethanolamine, mineral oils, EDTA or parabens.

Instead, Sukin products are formulated with high efficacy, high quality botanical extracts and essential oils, carefully selected to bring out the best in your skin and hair.

We choose tried, tested and trusted ingredients for our products, and always use ourselves as a trial panel before a product goes to market.

WE KNOW AFFORDABLE PRODUCTS

At Sukin we believe that high quality, natural products should be available to everyone, meaning our prices remain realistic and affordable for individuals and families.

***************************************

I wanted to try a few of the "natural ingredient" products and Sukin has the most good/raved reviews so that's why I'm trying Sukin. Don't get me wrong, I'm not one of the eco / all about earth people but of course, I'm doing it for this blog. Just remember to do your research before buying skincare products. Lots of people out there just buy stuff and they tweeted, "uols penah try ni takkkkk, takut tak okay pulak" tapi dah beli and expect people to suap them info about that certain product and that's not right, honey. You need to do your research dulu okay? Bukan dah beli baru tanya. Lepas tu menyesal. Padahal tanya kat twitter tu pakai internet. Boleh je google kejap. Sekarang banyak Malaysian beauty b/vlogger so info tu dah ada kalau tak faham sangat English. I don't have lots of disappointing products because I do my research like a student okay. Hahahhaa over tau tapi tulah. Aku pun bukannya faham sangat chemical stuff bagai but contoh, if it's not okay on acne prone skin, I would've avoid it. So yeah. Panjang pulak kan I bebel. Haaa tapi selalu sangat jumpa orang macam tu, tu yang geraaammmm tu. Piat telinga kang!

1. Sukin Micellar Cleansing Water
Rating: 5/5 on Beauty Heaven


- A gentle Micellar cleansing water formulated with aloe vera to thoroughly remove makeup and impurities whilst soothing the skin.
- A blend of chamomile and refreshing cucumber leave a calm complexion that is soft to touch.
- Sulphate and Paraben Free.

TIP: Removes makeup - and cleanses! Suitable for waterproof eye makeup.

Soak a cotton pad or cloth and gently wipe over eyes and face. Can be left on or follow with Sukin Foaming Facial Cleanser or Cream Cleanser.

Main ingredients: Cucumber, Aloe Vera, Chamomile

Believe it or not, I have only used this 3-4 times only for the past couple of months. The scent is quite odd, it smells like a bit of vanilla with every lil bit of whatever scent we have in the market. It's funny but it is not a bad scent. However, when I tried to use it to remove my makeup, barely anything came off. I mean yeah it removed a little bit of my foundation but I don't think it removes my makeup like any other micellar water that I've tried. It's like one of the worst micellar cleansing water that I've ever tried. LOL. I know it sounded bad but it is! So since that didn't work out, I used it as toner. My face broke out the next day. So I stopped using it.

I wanted to test it out more, but I have been so busy so I just use my usual cleansing water. Like girl, I don't have to time to treat my pimples and stuff okay?! So yeah, it's a no for me. Sorry!

Pros:
Calming scent
Moisturizing

Cons:
So not effective in removing makeup

RRP: RM40.20 (250ml) - RM0.16/ml
Plastic bottle

My rating: 1.5/5

2. Sukin Cream Cleanser
Link: Sukin , Gemfive , Natural & Eco Republic
Rating: 4.1/5 on Makeup Alley


This gentle cream cleanser is the perfect preparation for your skin. Essential oils and botanical extracts work to remove make-up and surface grime as it nourishes the skin with oils of rose hip, avocado and wheat germ. An infusion of aloe vera, burdock, horsetail and nettle will leave skin feeling clean and refreshed.

Application: Massage into skin in a gentle circular motion. Remove with cotton wool or warm face cloth. Water-soluble which makes it ideal to use in the shower. Use once or twice daily.

Main ingredients: Rose Hip, Avocado, Wheat Germ, Sesame Seed Oil

Reason I bought this cleanser was because I was having dry skin (because of BHA exfoliant). At this time, I didn't know how to use the BHA exfoliant, I didn't know I have to put on really moisturizing stuff after BHA so my skin was really dry and flakey so I decided to get cream cleanser to remove any flakiness ya know? Since this bottle said it is suitable for all skin types, I pon rasa macam nak try lah.

The texture, typical cream cleanser kinda feeling. Creamy, not foamy at all.

My skin loves this. When I apply my makeup after using it, I don't have excess oil coming thru ya know? You're gonna feel like there's extra residue on your face after washing this off but when you wipe your face with a towel or something, your skin feels so soft. Some face cleanser, if it's too creamy, I could get oily in 3 secs but this one, my skin just act normal ya know. I don't experience any breakouts or issues, like I said, my skin loves this cleanser. I would recommend this to all skin types, it's not harsh, it doesn't make your skin oilier. Love it.

I'm not gonna repurchase this cleanser, but I would love to try the other range targeted to oily combination skin so I'm gonna check them out later. Hehehe.

Pros:
Moisturizing cleanser
Smells great

Cons:
Has a bit of oil residue after washing your face

RRP: RM40.20 (125ml) - RM0.32/ml
Plastic bottle

My rating: 3.5/5

3. Sukin Antioxidant Eye Serum
Link: Sukin , Gemfive , Natural & Eco Republic
Rating: 3.3/5 on Makeup Alley


Soothing aloe vera, cucumber and burdock provide the perfect blend of plant proteins to offer deep rehydration to the delicate eye area. Rose hip, evening primrose and borage oils help improve skin elasticity and texture, reducing the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.

Application: After cleansing, gently apply serum around eye area. Use once or twice daily.

Suitable for all skin types especially dry and sensitive

Main Ingredients: Evening Primrose, Borage Oil, Rose Hip Oil, Cucumber

First of all, this is a big bottle for an eye cream! Usually eye cream comes in a small jar like max 15ml. But of course there are 30ml eye creams out there that I didn't know of so yeah I'm like quite shocked that this is a 30ml bottle. It's gonna last me a whole year kot because I have been using it for like more than 6 months already and it doesn't even reach half of bottle! I don't know why it is called an "eye serum" because the texture is like a very thick and heavy moisturizer. It also has a bit of oiliness feeling to it.


Usually people would've avoid this type of eye serum/cream because if you're using very emollient product under your eyes, you could have a case of milias under your eyes and honey, nobody wants that. But surprisingly, I don't have any issues with it but since it's quite thick, it doesn't look great under makeup. I don't see any difference whatsoever, I still have lines and wrinkles around my eyes so for that reason, I'm not gonna repurchase it. Yes it's quite hard to find which eye cream is suitable for you, the only thing you can do is change your lifestyle blablabla. So yeah.

Pros:
A little goes a long way

Cons:
Too thick for under eyes

RRP: RM69.90 (30ml) - RM2.33/ml
Glass bottle

My rating: 2.5/5

***************************************

I don't really feel super impressed with the Sukin products that I am using but I really wanna try the mattifying moisturizer and cleanser for oily skin. So yeah.

That is all for tonight. I hope you guys find this helpful in any way.

Thank you for reading.

Stay gorgeous <3



*** If you guys are interested to try Sukin products, you can order them from https://www.koyara.com/ and get free shipping on first order only with no minimum purchase. (Valid for West Malaysia only)

Discount Code: FREESHIPPING18

Enjoy your Sukin products!




.iffahs.

No comments:

Post a Comment