Search This Blog

Featured Post

Q&A: Which of The Ordinary Serums That Are Suitable For My Skintype? / What Are Your Recommendations?

Assalamualaikum and hello my lovely Pah people So since I have been selling The Ordinary serums, a lot of people ask me which serum...

Tuesday, July 11, 2017

Review: The Ordinary AHA 30% + BHA 2% Peeling Solution

Assalamualaikum and hello my beautiful people <3


Aik update lagi? Hahaha sebab rasa macam lambatnya lah Pah nak update kan. OMG I have a lot of products to share with you guys, so overwhelming. But I'm trying my very best here, I just have been so busy but I can't neglect my blog baby kan? Hohoh.

Anyways, so I promised you guys a full review on The Ordinary AHA 30% + BHA 2% Peeling Solution for a while now. LOL. Now, I briefly talked about it in my previous posts, on my instagram and if you guys have been following me, you guys would know how I feel about this product. So yea, let'ssssss

PRODUCT INFO

With 30% Alpha Hydroxyl Acids (Glycolic/Lactic/Tartaric/Citric), 2% Beta Hydroxyl Acid (Salicylic Acid), Hyaluronic Acid Crosspolymer, Vitamin B5, Black Carrot and Tasmanian Pepperberry 

Alpha hydroxyl acids (AHA) exfoliate the skin's topmost surface for a brighter and more even appearance. Beta hydroxyl acids (BHA) also exfoliate the skin with an extended function to help clear pore congestion. This combined 32% AHA/BHA solution offers deeper exfoliation to help fight visible blemishes and for improved skin radiance. The formula also improves the appearance of skin texture and reduces the look of fine lines with continued use. 

This formula contains a studied Tasmanian Pepperberry derivative to help reduce irritation associated with acid use. This derivative is of plant origin and varies in colour seasonally and this colour variation may be apparent in the formula from time to time. This formula is further supported with a crosspolymer form of hyaluronic acid for comfort, Vitamin B5 to assist healing and black carrot as an antioxidant. 

Note: This formula contains a very high concentration of free acids. We recommend use only if you are an experienced user of acid exfoliation and your skin is not sensitive.

Contraindications: This formula should not be used on sensitive, peeling or compromised skin. Please refer to additional sun protection note and other warnings in provided Directions. 

This pH of this formula is approximately 3.6. Glycolic Acid, the primary AHA used in the formula, has a pKa of 3.6 and pKa is the most important aspect to consider in formulating with acids. pKa implies acid availability. When pKa is close to pH, there is an ideal balance between salt and acidity, maximizing effectiveness of the acid and reducing irritation. Higher pH numbers in such a case would increase salt which counter-intuitively would make the formula even more irritating than if the formula was more acidic.

Directions
Use ideally in the PM, no more frequently than twice per week. Clean face and wait for skin to dry. Do not use on wet skin. Apply evenly across face and neck using your fingertips. Leave on for no more than 10 minutes. Rinse with lukewarm water. Avoid the eye contour and contact with eyes both during application and rinse off. This low-viscosity solution is intended to be used as a masque. Do not leave on for longer than 10 minutes. If persistent irritation occurs, discontinue use and consult a physician. (Sunburn Alert: This product contains an alpha hydroxy acid (AHA) that may increase your skin's sensitivity to the sun and particularly the possibility of sunburn. Use a sunscreen, wear protective clothing, and limit sun exposure while using this product and for a week afterwards. Use only as directed. Contact of the product with the skin must be of limited frequency or duration.)

Price: GBP6.30
My price: RM51 *wink wink*


INGREDIENTS

Glycolic Acid, Aqua (Water), Arginine, Propanediol, Cocamidopropyl Dimethylamine, Triethanolamine, Salicylic Acid, Aminomethyl Propanol, Lactic Acid, Tartaric Acid, Citric Acid, Panthenol, Sodium Hyaluronate Crosspolymer, Tasmannia Lanceolata Fruit/Leaf Extract, Daucus Carota Sativa Extract, Glycerin, Pentylene Glycol, Polysorbate 20, Trisodium Ethylenediamine Disuccinate, Ethylhexylglycerin, 1,2-Hexanediol, Caprylyl Glycol.

REVIEW

So this is the strongest acid strength that The Ordinary offers so since it's quite potent, this is like a 10-min facial at home ya know?

Warning: This is not safe for pregnant or breastfeeding ladies. If you're interested to use AHA/BHA, I would've recommend any products with AHA less than 5% or BHA less than 2%. Kalau from The Ordinary, ada Lactic Acid 5% so maybe you guys can try that but apa-apa pun please consult with your doctors first okay?

Okay, so I'm not gonna explain what is AHA or BHA, everything has been explained here:

Q&A: Which of The Ordinary Serums That Are Suitable For My Skintype? / What Are Your Recommendations?
Q&A: Which Active Ingredients Are Suitable For My Skin Issues? (Part 1)

So if you look at the bottle, it looks like blood kan? But no, it's actually berry shade and it's not that scary in real life. LOL. So the texture is like a sticky serum consistency? I don't really know how to explain it. I mean it's not that sticky, it's like hingus? Hahahoaidsjkasldas IDK man.

I think it's like hingus consistency ? Hingus tau yang clear tu bukan hijau tu

I read few reviews before I put this on my face because I want to know what to expect and lucky I read reviews first because I hardly understand the directions and stuff. LOL.

So the bottle said it's a peeling solution 10 minute exfoliating facial. Kalau korang only baca sampai Peeling Solution, aku rasa mostly memang orang ingat ni serum "peel off" but it's not. It's a chemical peel, you put it on your skin for no more 10 minutes and wash it off. That's it.

So when I put this on my face for the first time, I was like so shocked on how it felt on my skin. It felt so tingly on the skin, tingly yang jenis geli-geli tu, the urge to scratch my face was soooo tempting. So after I washed it off, I could still feel it on my skin for few minutes and then dia hilang. So you only need a small amount, like 1 dropper vial tu is enough for your whole face, and spread it like a very thin layer on the skin. For first time users, I would recommend to layer it very thinly sebab takut korang tak suka the tingly feeling kan.

I know I said it's beginners friendly because you only use it like once a week je but now that I think about it, it's not gonna be so effective sebab korang pakai sekali je seminggu. I mean, if your skin dah biasa dengan acid and all mesti macam your skin punya exfoliation is much more better kot daripada pakai seminggu sekali? You get what I mean tak? Because you only use acid treatment once a week, so dia macam tak effective sangat kalau nak compare dengan orang yang pakai acid everyday. Hah. Macam tulah.

So in the directions it mentioned not to use it more than twice per week so I only use it once in 4 days. Basically it's like once a week jugak. So my routine, for example if on Monday I use the AHA 30 + BHA 2, then on Tuesday I would use AHA product, I have 3 of them so I would alternate between The Ordinary Glycolic Acid 7% Toning Solution, Alpha-H Liquid Gold and The Ordinary Lactic Acid 5% + HA. On Wednesday I use BHA pulak, and I only use Paula's Choice Skin Perfecting 2% BHA Liquid Exfoliant. Then on Thursday I would use AHA product again and then on Friday I would use AHA 30 + BHA 2 again, so basically I alternate AHA & BHA every single night.

If I didn't really feel like using AHA & BHA, I would use Alpha Lipoic Acid. I'm still new at using ALA so review will be up in 2 months okay? LOL

Okay so after I use this exfoliating facial for a few times, I could definitely see my hyperpigmentation macam much more reduced than before. It brighten up my skin, my skin feels so smooth. I can see instant results when using it. I really love how my skin feels after this facial. It felt so smooth and so soft and ahhh so nais wan. Totally became one of my holy grail product from The Ordinary.

Your skin would become a bit dehydrated after using it so just hydrate/moisturize your skin really well. I always use moisturizing mask after the facial because my skin is kinda dehydrated so I need all the hydration ya know.

Pros
Instant result

Cons
Tingling sensation lasted for a couple of mins
Not safe for pregnant/breastfeeding moms

Final thoughts: I really love using this product. It's definitely a must in my routine. Skin is much brighter and pigmentation are much more reduced. Need I say more?

Rating: ★★★★★


So yeah I hope this review is helpful in any way. LOL

Thank you for reading

Stay gorgeous <3


.iffahs.


MOOOAAAARRRRR
The Ordinary

No comments:

Post a Comment