Search This Blog

Featured Post

Q&A: Which of The Ordinary Serums That Are Suitable For My Skintype? / What Are Your Recommendations?

Assalamualaikum and hello my lovely Pah people So since I have been selling The Ordinary serums, a lot of people ask me which serum...

Friday, July 7, 2017

Review: The Ordinary "Buffet"

Assalamualaikum and hello my beautiful people!


I'm sorry I have been absent for quite a while. I promised another Q&A on The Ordinary active ingredients part 2 but I just have been so busy. Tak sempat nak update, macam-macam benda aku nak review semua tak sempat iuasdhklasdas. So takpelah then aku decide to just post this today je hahaha. So I have been using this serum for more than 2 months and if you guys have been following me on Instagram, it is in my top picks from The Ordinary! So I think it's time for me to share my thoughts on this serum so let's jump right into it!


PRODUCT INFO

This formula combines a comprehensive array of studied technologies to target multiple signs of ageing at once. The technologies are Matrixyl 3,000 peptide complex (with palmitoyl-pentapeptide 35), Matrixyl Synthe'6 peptide complex (with palmitoyl tripeptide-38), Syn-Ake peptide complex (with dipeptide diaminobutyroyl benzylamide diacetate), Relistase peptide complex (with acetylarginyltryptophyl diphenylglycine), Argirelox peptide complex (with acetyl hexapeptide-8, pentapeptide-18), Probiotic complex (with lactococcus lactis lysate), in a base of 11 skin-friendly amino acids and multiple hyaluronic acid complexes. The total concentration of these technologies in the formula by weight is 25.1%.

(References are made to third-party trademarks in this description. All such trademarks are owned by their respective owners. Neither The Ordinary nor DECIEM is affiliated with these trademarks or their owners.) 

Note: The name of this formula was inspired by some brands referring to their expensive products offering combinations of these technologies as a "buffet", distastefully comparing such products to buffets that offer various kinds of food in one sitting. 

Directions
Apply to the entire face in the AM and PM after cleaning.

Price: GBP12.70
My price: RM89


INGREDIENTS

Aqua (Water), Glycerin, Lactococcus Ferment Lysate, Acetyl Hexapeptide-8, Pentapeptide-18, Palmitoyl Tripeptide-1, Palmitoyl Tetrapeptide-7, Palmitoyl Tripeptide-38, Dipeptide Diaminobutyroyl Benzylamide Diacetate, Acetylarginyltryptophyl Diphenylglycine, Sodium Hyaluronate Crosspolymer, Sodium Hyaluronate, Allantoin, Glycine, Alanine, Serine, Valine, Isoleucine, Proline, Threonine, Histidine, Phenylalanine, Arginine, Aspartic Acid, Trehalose, Fructose, Glucose, Maltose, Urea, Sodium PCA, PCA, Sodium Lactate, Citric Acid, Hydroxypropyl Cyclodextrin, Sodium Chloride, Sodium Hydroxide, Butylene Glycol, Pentylene Glycol, Acacia Senegal Gum, Xanthan Gum, Carbomer, Polysorbate 20, PPG-26-Buteth-26, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Trisodium Ethylenediamine Disuccinate, Ethoxydiglycol, Sodium Benzoate, Caprylyl Glycol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin.

REVIEW

So I briefly talked about this serum in my previous Q&A post, if you haven't check that out then you're missing out big time :P

So I decided to get a basic anti-aging serum, yea I'm calling it basic because it's peptide. It's not acid, it's not a harsh ingredient, it doesn't peel, so yeah. It's quite basic. It is an anti aging serum, it has a lot of peptides in it, hence "Buffet". The Ordinary has 3 different peptides serum, Argireline Solution 10% which is more of a lightweight peptide serum for around your eyes, between your brows and your forehead. Matrixyl 10% + HA is a higher strength peptide serum and it has been shown to reduce the look of static and dynamic wrinkles. So for "Buffet", they're calling it a multi-technology peptide serum. If you asked me what the heck is it, to be honest I don't know. Okasodjkalsd. I assume it was because there's like a lot of peptides so macam banyak technology bagai? I don't know man.

Read more: What is static and dynamic wrinkles?

So the texture of the serum is almost similar as the Niacinamide serum from The Ordinary. It's a not clear serum, it's a bit cloudy. The texture is definitely thicker (but still lightweight). Whenever I put it on my skin, my skin just feels so supple and hydrated!


So this is basically an anti aging serum, so it's gonna help to reduce your wrinkles and fine lines. I wasn't planning to get this actually but my Twitter friend bought it and she said her smile/laugh lines, reduced since she started using it. So I'm like gurrr I need that.

Long story short, I already repurchased another bottle and actually already on my second bottle of this serum. I honestly love this serum, it plumps up my skin, ahhhh I just love it.

I can't really say if it's smoothing my skin or not because sometimes I noticed I still have texture, so I'm not sure if it's because of something else or this serum. I've experienced smoothness while using the serum but then I don't know if it's because of something else or this serum.

Tunggang terbalik sikit ayat atas but I don't really know how to explain. LOL

Would I recommend this serum? Yes, only if you cannot use Retinol, Retinoids, AHA/BHA. Like I've mentioned above, it's a peptide serum so it's like totally basic. But but but, if it's copper peptide then it's something else. People opt to copper peptide sebab dia lebih potent and effective? NIOD ada CAIS tu tapi tulah mehe so sis tak mampu auisdjhkasda

Pros
Skin feels so supple and really nice

Cons
Reduce wrinkles but still have skin texture
A bit pricey

Final thoughts: Only reason why I still use it is because I love how it feels on my skin. I can use this serum and not using moisturizer on top of it ya know? But like I've mentioned above, highly recommend it if you cannot use other serums with harsh active ingredients. But it's totally not for smoothing skin texture.


Rating: ★★★★☆


So yeah. I hope you guys find this helpful in any way.

Thank you for reading.

Stay gorgeous <3


.iffahs.




MOOOAAAARRR
The Ordinary

No comments:

Post a Comment