Search This Blog

Featured Post

Q&A: Which of The Ordinary Serums That Are Suitable For My Skintype? / What Are Your Recommendations?

Assalamualaikum and hello my lovely Pah people So since I have been selling The Ordinary serums, a lot of people ask me which serum...

Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Review: Maybelline Lash Sensational Mascara

Assalamualaikum and hello muh pretty ladiesssss


So it's Review Tuesday and today I wanted to review this new mascara from Maybelline. Well it's not actually new tapi dia baru sampai Malaysia so kat sini kira baru lah tapi tak baru sangat pon. Hahahhaa. Whatevs. So let's get started!

PRODUCT INFO

Lash Sensational Waterproof Mascara from Maybelline New York is the first patented fanning brush with 10 layers of bristles to reveal a full flourish of lashes. Liquid Ink formula coats from all sides for a sensational full fan effect.

Why You'll Love It

Try New Lash Sensational Mascara from Maybelline New York for a sensational full fan effect. Our first patented fanning brush with 10 layers of bristles reveals a full flourish of lashes. Liquid Ink formula coats from all sides.

For Best Results
1) Use inner curve to reach the roots of lashes
2) Follow through tips of lashes with longer bristles to fan out

INGREDIENTS

Water, Propylene Glycol, Styrene/Acrylates/Ammonium Methacrylate Copolymer, Polyurethane-35, Cera Alba/Beeswax/Cire Dabeille, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Glyceryl Stearate, Cetyl Alcohol, PEG-200 Glyceryl Stearate, Ethylenediamine/Stearyl Dimer Dilinoleate Copolymer, Copernicia Cerifera Cera/Carnauba Wax/Cire de Carnauba, Stearic Acid, Palmitic Acid, Ethylene/Va Copolymer, Alcohol Denat., Paraffin, Aminomethyl Propanediol, Glycerin, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Butylene Glycol, Xanthan Gum, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Disodium EDTA, Tetrasodium EDTA, Pentaerythrityl Tetra-Di-T-Butyl Hydroxyhydrocinnamate, Silica. May Contain: CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499/Iron Oxides, CI 77007/Ultramarines, CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide, MICA, CI 75470/Carmine, CI 77288/Chromium Oxide Greens, CI 77742/Manganese Violet, CI 77510/Ferric Ferrocyanide]

REVIEW

The brush

First of all, I love Maybelline mascaras but I also know it is a bitch to remove them. But so far, I have no issue at all to remove em because I use another non waterproof mascara before applying them. So it kinda breaks them easily when you're wiping them off. 

So, I have high expectation of this mascara. And you know what, the first time I try to use this mascara, there was no product at all on the brush. But I did tried to put on my lashes and there's like nothing happened on my lashes like where's the freaking mascara, dude? First impression, was kinda disappointed because it didn't work at all.

I figured the mascara might be dry so I put a few drops of eye solution. Well kalau ikut few hacks, kalau nak save dried out mascara, you have to put few drops of water or eye solution to make it work. So I did and I tried it again. Again, same result. Nothing transferred to my lashes. I was really disappointed in it. But then, I just feel like I need to make it work so I put more of the eye solution. Hahahaha.

Then it happened. It finally worked out the way it supposed to be. After few drops of freaking eye solution it finally worked. But it still sucked because I have to swirl the brush in the tube so I get more products.

Here's the demo. I did not curl my lashes, I don't have long lashes, but they're there. LOL. And time ni my eyebrows are not on fleek because I was tired... Takde masa nak spend long long time on my brows aja.

Only using them on my left lashes

Primed my right lashes with Jordana Best Lash Extreme Volumizing Mascara (1 coat) and then 2 coats of Maybelline Lash Sensational

Final result. Dolled lashes kinda thang

You see, the results are pretty freaking awesome but I have to do lots of things to make it work. You know, I don't wanna waste my freaking energy for this freaking tube of mascara. I have lots of things to do other than making this work.

You guys have to be careful with this kind of mascara. Of course lah Maybelline mascaras are always clumpy so I tend to prime my lashes with other non clumpy mascaras and it works best that way. Also easier to remove em. This mascara is clumpy too, but I always put on 1 coat only. I see no reason to put so many coats on my lashes because I wear glasses and my lashes akan terlanggar dgn my glasses and it will make me mad ya know.

This mascara retailed at RM39.90. I think most Maybelline mascaras has almost the same price. If I'm not mistaken lah. Usually, they have like buy 1 free 1 so I always buy whenever they have that kind of offer. Ya know, cheapo. LOL.

Final thoughts: I'm just gonna use this till it is finished but I don't think I am going to repurchase this mascara. It did gave such great fan out lashes, but after what I have been through to make it work, I don't think it's worth it. I don't know if I got the bad batch but if I did, I might repurchase it again but not for another few months, I don't know. 

Rating: ★★★☆☆ - 3 because it looks pretty awesome but hey too much work



So that's it guys. Hope you will find this helpful in any way.

Thanks for reading :D


-iffahs

More info:

No comments:

Post a Comment