Search This Blog

Featured Post

Q&A: Which of The Ordinary Serums That Are Suitable For My Skintype? / What Are Your Recommendations?

Assalamualaikum and hello my lovely Pah people So since I have been selling The Ordinary serums, a lot of people ask me which serum...

Friday, October 30, 2015

Review: The Body Shop Vitamin E Eye Cream

Assalamualaikum and hello muh lovely readersss hohohoh


Apologies for the lack of updates, I've been busy for this past week. Of course, work-related stuff. So many things to do and I am just exhausted, didn't have enough sleep. Ahhh. But I'm trying now. I know it's not Tuesday but to hell with that. Hahahhaha. I can post reviews any day I want right. Hahahah since I don't really know what to write. Pfffft.

Okay so tonight, I wanna review this eye cream from The Body Shop because as you know I am on the hunt to search for an amazing eye cream. So let's see lah if this is included in my list or not. Ok.

PRODUCT INFO

The Body Shop Difference: Community Trade vitamin E, shea butter, and algae works together to reduce the appearance of fine lines, puffiness, and dark circles, leaving skin feeling soft and smooth.

How it works:
- Vitamin E conditions, nourishes, and protects the skin, leaving it soft, smooth, and healthy.
- Community Trade shea butter melts straight into the skin feeling smooth and soft.
- Algae soothes and moisturizes the skin. It is also rich in minerals that help to revitalize the skin.

Community Fair Trade shea butter comes from Ghana. Local women hand-harvest shea nuts, dry them in the sun and crack them to extract the kernels. These are roasted and ground into a paste to make the butter. The Body Shop's trade with the Tungteiya Women's Shea Butter Association has helped to fund three medical centres and 10 nursery schools. To find out more, visit The Body Shop's Community Fair Trade section.

Vegetarian. Not Tested on Animals. Contains Community Fair Trade Ingredients. No Phthalates. No Triclosan. No GMO.
(0.50 oz)


INGREDIENTS

Aqua, Glycerin, Cyclomethicone, Methyl Glucose Sesquistearate, Rosa canina, Methyl Gluceth-20, Mica, Panthenol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Saccharide Isomerate, Phenoxyethanol, Barium Sulfate, Butyrospermum parkii, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Algae, Sodium Hyaluronate, Methylparaben, Sodium Hydroxide, Dimethicone, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Disodium EDTA, Isobutylparaben, Propylparaben, Chlorphenesin, Sodium Dehydroacetate, CI 77891

Reference (source from Skindeep)
Low Hazard
Moderate Hazard
High Hazard

REVIEW

Okay so I bought this like end of August sebab masa tu ada Merdeka sale. Beli 3 items dapat 15% off. I know it's not too much but still sale. LOL. It retails for RM65 (including GST). And after sale, it was RM48.75. Quite affordable la for me. Nutox punya pon RM40 something kan if I'm not mistaken. Well, since it was on sale, I don't really mind lah.

Image from this site

It has a nice smell, I think most of the Vitamin E range has the same scent. I don't know lah kan. Texture is quite thick and creamy but when you rub em between your fingers it almost feels like oily. Well, yela Vitamin E oil kan. Duh. Hahaha. Says here on the tube " Helps reduce appearance of fine lines, puffiness and dark circles". Also, suitable for all skin types lah katanya.

Okay first, "helps reduce appearance of fine lines". Of course it will since the ingredient ada Dimethicone. FYI, Dimethicone ni smoothing silicone yang memang selalu ada dalam smoothing face primer and in most skincare products you could ever find but don't worry it's not harmful. But if you know you are allergic to silicone might have to watch out lah. In my case, my skin is allergic to silicone-based primers as you all know. But I don't really have a problem with the Benefit Porefessional. Ok. Off topic. Anyways, because it has this Dimethicone thingy, it really does reduces the appearance of your fine lines. But does it help to tighten the eye area? No. It just helps to fill in the lines and whatnot. So it is great under makeup because it has this ingredient. Very moisturizing and my concealer does not look cakey at all.

Second, "helps reduce puffiness". Maybe. But I only use this at night so I'm not sure if it works or not. But I think it does. I have to really try and document it. LOL.

Last one, "helps reduce dark circles". I don't know bout this one. I don't see any difference. But my dark circles pon come and go. Ikut mood dia nak muncul ke tak. Hohoh.


Final thoughts: I have been using this for 2 months now I can only say that it is great for your under eye makeup. Does it helps with wrinkles and whatnot? No. I'm not sure if I wanted to repurchase this again or not because it is quite pricey. Also, unfortunately this product contains paraben. As you all know paraben is quite harmful in a large amount. (I know this one small one but still risky doh) Well, you can read more by Google-ing it. Aku malas nak letak link. LOL. I wanted eye creams that can really change my life ya know. Like, maybe Kiehl's one. Tapi tu mahal nak mampos. I have to really think cook cook to buy it. Hahahhaha. But overall, this is an OK product. Won't recommend this because it has paraben.


Rating: ★★☆☆☆ - 2.5 lah, but no half star one :'(


So yeah that's it guys. I hope this helps you in any way. LOL. Thanks for reading.



-iffahs


Moarrr:-

The Body Shop Vitamin E Range (can't find the eye cream on Malaysia website, don't know why)



4 comments:

  1. Noted. Detail and helpful information. So, the Body Shop vitamin E eye cream are very good for make up than helps with wrinkles and dark under eye. :) :) i still interested with the Body Shop sea weed exfloiter you mentioned on your past reviews, i want to get it. Hope it works very good for me as well

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you ! :) FYI Seaweed range body shop tgh sale online 20% hehehhe cepat beli! lgpun tgh free delivery until 19nov huhuuhuh

      Delete
  2. That's awesome. I'll check them out. Thank you,dear.

    ReplyDelete