Search This Blog

Featured Post

Q&A: Which of The Ordinary Serums That Are Suitable For My Skintype? / What Are Your Recommendations?

Assalamualaikum and hello my lovely Pah people So since I have been selling The Ordinary serums, a lot of people ask me which serum...

Tuesday, March 8, 2016

Review: Innisfree No-Sebum Mineral Powder

Assalamualaikum and hello my lovely readers. Weehee


So hehehe. So excited to review another Innisfree product. Hehehe. Let's see if I like it or not. Ok? Ok. Sorry for the late update, I actually forgot to take photos of it and it's in my travel makeup bag... At my office. Lucky I took photos of it when it arrived. LOL.

That paw tho
PRODUCT INFO

What it is?
A replacement for oil control paper that leaves the skin soft and matte

1. The double sebum-control system controls the secretion of sebum to keep the skin soft and fresh all day long.

2. Jeju minerals and mint control skin oil and moisture to keep skin healthy.

How to use: In the last stage of your skincare or makeup routine, use the powder puff to gently apply powder around your entire face or on areas with a high sebum concentration.


INGREDIENTS

Silica, Corn Starch Modified, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Caprylic/Caprictriglyceride, Mica, Methicone, Mineral Salts, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Mentha Arvensis Leaf Extract, Ethylhexylglycerin, Dimethicone, Glyceryl Caprylate, Ethylene/Acrylic Acid Copolymer, 1,2-Hexanediol, Fragrance

Reference (source from Skindeep)
Low Hazard
Moderate Hazard
High Hazard

REVIEW

So uhm, I bought it because a friend on Twitter was raving about this loose powder and I have been looking for a great loose powder for my oily skin for quite some time now, I don't know what I should buy ya know. The Make Up For Ever HD Powder was just soooo expensive, I just don't wanna waste my money on things that I use everyday. Kalau tak mati lah aku oi bye money lah. I bought this at Hermo because I was just so lazy to go to Sunway Pyramid. Pffffft.

I really thought that the size of the loose powder is like a typical packaging; big, bulky, etc. But when it came in the mail I was like, that's like a teenee tiny little thang. It comes with a sifter and a powder puff.


First impression: Very corn-starchy ? LOL. Has a minty scent and white colored powder

It's not as finely mild as any other loose powders that I have ever tried. It is corn-starch based so yeah. At first I applied it with a brush, tried to "mildly" bake with it but when I wiped it off, my foundation went patchy and splotchy. It was not a cute look. Then I tried to set it normally with my brush just set my foundation all over my face, again, it made my foundation very patchy and splotchy.

I was really frustrated with it, I was like, wow this is the worst loose powder I have ever tried. Like OMG. I cannot. But I really wanted it to work on me because people raved about it. Even the reviews are pretty good.

I don't why maybe I had an epiphany, but hey I never tried it with the powder puff! Hahaha. Fail Pah fail. So I tried with the powder puff. I dab my face with the powder and I just wipe off the excess and holy fricking frack. It worked. I put it in my travel makeup bag and everytime I use it I was like, why is my face so fricking dry...? It's this powder... It actually did control the oil/sebum on muh face. Sooo amazed by it. Sometimes I feel like it's too dry, like it's sucking up any moisture on muh face and that feeling kinda stayed 4-5 hours. Wasn't bad but sometimes my face is kinda dry (but still oily) and it's just not a good feeling on the skin ya know?

Pros: Control your oil/sebum REALLY well, convenient pack, nice minty scent.

Cons: A bit too dry sometimes. I shall avoid the drier area and focus on the oily area. Right. And small amount of product. (It was about RM28 for 5g of product)

Final thoughts: This powder, WINS. It works wonderfully, I highly recommend this powder to oily people. It's not long lasting but it could lasts up to 5 hours depends on your environment. I sit in an air-conditioned office so it did last for like 4-5 hours. Not sure if it casts white on your skin but on me it's not or I don't know if I can't see em but it's not obvious rasanya. It's a great product. This, I like.

Rating: ★★★☆☆ - 3 stars because it didn't have a lot of product :/


So yeah. That's it guys. Thank you for reading!


-iffahs


MOOOOAAAARRRR

No comments:

Post a Comment