Search This Blog

Featured Post

Q&A: Which of The Ordinary Serums That Are Suitable For My Skintype? / What Are Your Recommendations?

Assalamualaikum and hello my lovely Pah people So since I have been selling The Ordinary serums, a lot of people ask me which serum...

Wednesday, May 25, 2016

Review: Philosophy Purity Made Simple One-Step Facial Cleanser

Assalamualaikum and hello my gorgeous readers!


So for this week, I wanna share my thoughts on this Philosophy Purity. I think almost everyone yang pakai makeup mesti pernah try this baby. So yeah. Let's talk about it.


PRODUCT INFO

What it is
An award-winning, highly effective one-step facial cleanser to tone and hydrate skin. 

What it is formulated to do
Begin with the most basic step of all. Purity Made Simple one-step facial cleanser is an award-winning cleanser that melts away dirt, oil, and makeup. It tones and lightly hydrates in one simple step for skin that feels perfectly clean and comfortably balanced. Formulated for all skin types and gentle enough for the sensitive eye area, it deep cleans pores while natural oil extracts help condition skin. 

What else you need to know
Purity Made Simple is part of a collection of philosophy products designed to soothe even the most dry and sensitive skin. It is a 2008 "Best of Sephora" Winner. You may also use this fragrance-free formula to clean your makeup brushes. 

Clinical results:-
> 100% reported that the cleanser is gentle enough for the eye area 
> 97% reported effective removal of dirt, oil, and makeup 
> 97% reported a clean, residue-free finish

Suggested Usage
> At the end of each day or at the beginning of each morning, take a small amount with a little water and massage onto skin for 30 to 60 seconds.
> Rinse at a leisurely pace.

Precautions
> For external use only.
> Use only as directed.
> Discontinue use if irritation occurs.
> Avoid contact with eyes.
> Keep out of reach of children.

*Cruelty-free

INGREDIENTS

> Sodium Lauroamphoacetate: Acts as a mild surfactant that gently cleanses the skin without irritation or residue.
> Meadowfoam Seed Oil: Lightly hydrates and leaves skin comfortable, not pulled or tight.
> Sodium Trideceth Sulfate: Pulls dirt, debris, and makeup from the skin and dissolves them.
> Twelve-Essential Oil Blend (Including Rosewood, Sandalwood, and Sage): Helps soften, soothe, and rejuvenate the skin.

Water (Aqua), Sodium Lauroamphoacetate, Sodium Trideceth Sulfate, Limnanthes Alba (Meadowfoam) Seed Oil, Coco-Glucoside, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Alcohol, PEG-120 Methyl Glucose Dioleate, Aniba Rosaeodora (Rosewood) Wood Oil, Geranium Maculatum Oil, Guaiac (Guaiacum Officinale) Extract, Cymbopogon Martini Oil, Rosa Damascena Extract, Amyris Balsamifera Bark Oil, Santalum Album (Sandalwood) Oil, Salvia Officinalis (Sage) Oil, Cinnamomum Cassia Leaf Oil, Anthemis Nobilis Flower Oil, Daucus Carota Sativa (Carrot) Seed Oil, Piper Nigrum (Pepper) Seed Extract, Polysorbate 20, Glycerin, Carbomer, Triethanolamine, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Citric Acid, Imidazolidinyl Urea, Yellow 5 (CI 19140)


Ingredients on the bottle didn't have any parabens... Maybe they have improved the formula

Reference (source from Skindeep)
Low Hazard
Moderate Hazard
High Hazard

REVIEW

As I have story story in my previous post - My Skincare Routine: How I Prep My Skin Before My Wedding Day, actually the doctor asked me to change cleanser. She asked me to buy skincare brands instead of cosmetics brands. I don't really know what to get but I also don't want to spend a lot of money on cleansers but beauty gurus and any makeup lover really love this Philosophy Purity cleanser so I decided to try it out even though it cost a fricking arm. I have always been using Himalaya Neem Face Wash and recently I changed to their Lemon Face Wash for oily skin. I love the scent and they are retailed at RM31.70 but me being cheapskate, I never buy the full price. Always always get it on sale. Hahaha.

So let's do some math. Himalaya has 150ml of product and this Philosophy I bought is the 240ml bottle, retailed at RM95 *dies*.

RM31.70/150ml=RM0.21/ml
RM95/240ml=RM0.39/ml
Cetaphil Gentle Cleanser: RM33.50/250ml=RM0.13/ml
(KENAPA CETAPHIL LAGI MURAH????)

But then I always buy Himalaya cleansers only when they're on sale (ha ha ha)

Tengok macam takde beza sangat, beza 18 sen tapi still rasa mehe. Hahahhaahhahahaha. Aku tak beli Cetaphil just because the doctor said it's too gentle and she said I need like super stuff to get gunks out of muh face ya know?

First impression: It smells like a mosquito repellent, I thought it has some kind of vanilla scent at first but I wasn't super excited after I smelled it. LOL. It's not foamy, quite gentle but it feels a bit drying on my skin, not sure if it's because of the exfoliant I have been using.

The texture is like a gel-cream kinda thing, not foamy at all, so I can totally say that it's a gentle cleanser but with lots of skin benefits? Idk man.

So it says here on the bottle that it's a 3 in 1 cleanser, "gently cleanses and melts away face and eye makeup in one simple step, while toning and lightly hydrating. skin is left feeling perfectly clean, comfortable and balanced." I guess it claims that it is a face and eye makeup remover?

I actually tested it out as a makeup remover and it removed my face makeup quite well. However, it didn't remove my mascara completely. I have to remove my mascara with a proper makeup remover. But I do have to wash my face twice with the cleanser, or else my face won't be so clean. Because the second time, I used the cleansing pad thing and still got makeup leftover on it ya know. Oh and I think I felt like my skin is drying earlier because of the BHA exfoliant that I was using at that time because now my skin feels so much smoother and so clean after using the Purity cleanser. It does help with my dry patches because of the chemical exfoliation. My face can recover in less than 2 days time with proper care (gentle cleanser > moisturizing sheet mask > rose hip oil > night cream)

Let's take their few points yang diorang claimed it to be:
deep cleans pores - not sure but my face does feel cleaner after
eliminates makeup build-up - maybe.. dunno LOL
natural oil extracts help condition skin - maybe...
fragrance-free formula - this is a bit weird, the older formula didn't have parfum as one of the ingredients but the improved formula does have so... Yeah. I don't get it.


I noticed when I bring it in my travel bag, it leaks... So yeah. Wasted

Final thoughts: To be honest, I think other cleansers work as well as this Purity. I think it's a bit too pricey? I don't really know what is the long term benefit of using it, even if you just use any regular cleanser will do the trick I guess? I really do enjoy using it, of course I feel like repurchasing it but it's too pricey for me. Hahaha. I can see my money flying away if I ever wished to buy this baby. I really love it. Tapi tulah. Kedekut.

You don't really have to spend that much for a cleanser as it goes down in your sink, it doesn't stay on your skin ya know? I prefer to splurge on a decent night cream or maybe night serum because they stay on the skin. But this is just my personal opinion. But if you wanna splurge, this is a pretty good cleanser. I think it suits all skin types, even sensitive ones because it is such a gentle cleanser. Totally not gonna repurchase it because I am a cheapo. Hah!

Rating: ★★
(nk letak 3 setengah tak boleh, so kasi 4 lah)


So yeah. I hope yall find this helpful in anyway.


Thank you for reading.


.iffahs.

MOOOAAAARRR
Philosophy website
Sephora Malaysia
Sephora
Makeup Alley

No comments:

Post a Comment