Search This Blog

Featured Post

Q&A: Which of The Ordinary Serums That Are Suitable For My Skintype? / What Are Your Recommendations?

Assalamualaikum and hello my lovely Pah people So since I have been selling The Ordinary serums, a lot of people ask me which serum...

Thursday, June 2, 2016

Review: The Body Shop Vitamin E Moisture Cream

Assalamualaikum and hello my beautiful readers!


You know me. If I posted on Tuesday, there will always be a Thursday's post. He he he. I have so many products to review, so I just decided to post double reviews this week ya know? And maybe next few weeks or so but we'll see. We'll see.

Anyways, today I wanna share my thoughts on this Body Shop Vitamin E Moisture Cream. I love the Vitamin E range even though I have oily/combo skin. So yeah. Let's!

PRODUCT INFO

Loved since 1977, our Vitamin E skincare range has stood the test of time. If you’re concerned about the damaging effects of the environment on your skin, our Vitamin E range can help to protect against pollution, cigarette smoke and UVA/UVB rays. Our popular Vitamin E cream and Vitamin E face oil are suitable for all skin types and help to protect the skin from premature ageing

The Body Shop® difference: Our Vitamin E Cream works with any skin type. No wonder it’s one of our best-selling products worldwide. Because your skin is constantly being bombarded with environmental aggressors, such as the sun, pollution and smoke, it is important that it is defended every day. Free radicals can react with the proteins in the cell’s collagen and lipid membrane, resulting in loss of elasticity, slackness, lines and wrinkles. The antioxidant power of vitamin E in this moisture cream helps prevent premature aging and damage from free radicals when used as part of your daily skin care regime, protecting your skin’s future. For more effective, longer-lasting hydration, use our Vitamin E Moisture Serum first.

What is it?
Everybody's favorite and our bestseller. An easily absorbed, daily moisturising cream that has the lightness of a lotion with the moisturising benefits of a cream. It helps protect the skin, leaving it feeling soft, smooth and healthy-looking. The best of both worlds!

Tips & Tricks
> Say goodbye to dry skin! Just apply to the face and neck using your fingertips, after cleansing and toning.
> Use with the other great products in The Body Shop Vitamin E Skin Care range specifically for your face, lips, neck, hands and body.

Made especially for:
Normal to dry skin

INGREDIENTS

Aqua (Solvent/Diluent), Isopropyl Palmitate (Emollient), Sorbitol (Humectant), Lanolin (Emollient), Glyceryl Stearate (Emulsifier), Cetyl Esters (Emollient), Steareth-2 (Emulsifier), PEG-100 Stearate (Surfactant), Ceresin (Stabiliser), Triethanolamine (pH Adjuster), Tocopheryl Acetate (Antioxidant), Steareth-20 (Emulsifier), Carbomer (Viscosity Modifier), Methylparaben (Preservative), Parfum (Fragrance), Benzyl Benzoate (Solvent), Butylparaben (Preservative), Ethylparaben (Preservative), Hydroxycitronellal (Fragrance Ingredient), Isobutylparaben (Preservative), Propylparaben (Preservative), Limonene (Fragrance Ingredient), Geraniol (Fragrance Ingredient), Linalool (Fragrance Ingredient), Citronellol (Fragrance Ingredient), Cinnamyl Alcohol (Fragrance Ingredient), Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone (Fragrance Ingredient), CI 14700 (Colour).

Reference (source from Skindeep)
Low Hazard
Moderate Hazard
High Hazard

REVIEW

Hehehe macam biasa, I got this when it was on sale. Duh. I bought it together with The Body Shop Vitamin E Overnight Serum-in-Oil. Yes, this was in my drawer for so long and I haven't been able to use it.

First impression: Oily on my skin. Not a pleasant feeling ya know. A bit tacky. The scent was quite weird. Not bad weird, it's just super weird. LOL. Smells like grapefruit? IDK. LOL.


Consistency quite runny, if you have the jar upside down, you gotta be careful. LOL

After the first time I used it, my skin broke out. It wasn't that bad but you know, cystic acne is a fricking bitch. So I stopped for a couple months and then I was like, hey I only used this once. Kalau tak pakai rugi lah duit aku (even though it was on sale pfff duit jugak asdhikasjdsa). So I did. Now let me story story full one.

This is the kind of a moisturizer that you don't use if you wanna get outta of the house especially if you have oily combo skin because this is super hydrating and like I said earlier, your face looks oily. Like really oily. Hahaha. But the ingredients, I don't like em so much. It has alcohol, fragrance and paraben. The thing about alcohol is, they are super drying. Even though the moisturizer is hydrating, as time goes by you will feel like your face is like sucked out a bit ya know? You need to like top up the moisturizer on your face to keep it hydrated ya know?

I only use it at home, but lately I have been using it under my makeup because my Body Shop Tea Tree Moisturizer dah habis so it was okay lah. But of course my makeup didn't last super long and they're melted. So yeah.

Pros
Hydrating

Cons
Quite drying, not moisturizing enough for some areas on my face
Looks oily on your face
Not so good under makeup
Weird grapefruit scent
Contains paraben, perfume, alcohol

Final thoughts: I like having this kinda cream around, just to have my skin well moisturized on the days that I just wanna stay at home and do nothing. So yeah. I don't love it, I don't hate it. It's right in the middle. It is in my favourites post because I enjoy using it but I won't repurchase it because if you look at the ingredients pon korang macam "WHAAAAAAAA". So yeah. Hahaha.

Anyways, if you guys wanna try this cream, it is on sale now for the limited edition jar for 50% off. Here's the link. I think this one pon sampai 12 June only. So yeah.

I guess that's all for tonight. I hope you guys find this helpful in any way.

Thank you for reading!


Rating: ★★

No comments:

Post a Comment