Search This Blog

Featured Post

Q&A: Which of The Ordinary Serums That Are Suitable For My Skintype? / What Are Your Recommendations?

Assalamualaikum and hello my lovely Pah people So since I have been selling The Ordinary serums, a lot of people ask me which serum...

Thursday, June 23, 2016

Review: Clinelle Purifying Gel Moisturizer

Assalamualaikum and hello my beautiful people!


The struggle is real. I have been perah the shit out of my brain for these past few weeks. Hahaha. But no worries. It's all for you~~

Anyways, today I wanna share my thoughts on this Clinelle Purifying Gel Moisturizer. I was on the hunt for good moisturizers for my oily combo skin. So yeah. Let's get started!

PRODUCT INFO

Experience the refreshing sensation of a remarkably light moisturizer that effectively clears and helps prevent blemishes. This innovative ultra-light formula absorbs quickly and works to control sebum production, leaving skin soft and matte while preventing breakouts. It contains Natural Moisturizing Factor to provide hydration all day long. It also helps to promote speedy scar healing plus calm soothe skin.



Benefits
REPAIR: Phellinus Linteus repair the immune power of the skin cell.
REFINE: Licorice whitens blemish scars.
RESHIELD: Tea Tree oil Anti-bacteria.

How to use
1. Gently apply over cleansed and toned skin of face and neck using light and upward stroke once or twice daily. You may follow with your favorite sunscreen and make up if necessary. 
2. For daily use.

INGREDIENTS

Aqua (Water), Glycerin, Betaine, Butylene Glycol, Centella Asiatica Extract, PEG-32, Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone / Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Arbutin, Dimethicone, Glyceryl Acrylate / Acrylic Acid Copolymer, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Biosaccharide Gum-1, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Piper Methysticum Leaf / Root / Stem Extract, PEG-10 Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Carbomer, Triethanolamine, Glycyrrhiza Glabra (Licorice) Root Extract, Phellinus Linteus Extract, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate, Disodium EDTA, Propylene Glycol, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Tocopheryl Acetate, Bisabolol, Sodium Hyaluronate, Farnesyl Acetate, Farnesol, Panthenyl Triacetate, Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Leaf Oil

Reference (source from Skindeep)
Low Hazard
Moderate Hazard
High Hazard

REVIEW

So I decided to buy this moisturizer because I just want to try like, if it's similar to my fave, The Body Shop Tea Tree Clearing Lotion. So I have been using it almost everyday at work. I put it in my travel makeup bag, FYI.

Just a little background of this Clinelle brand. I think it's from Hong Kong, I could be wrong. Anyways, here's a bit of their description:

"Clinelle dermatologist-tested products are created to free skin from rapid internal and external environmental aggressions. Clinelle has stepped up to the plate by coming up with a combination of botanical extracts, natural essential oils and antioxidants to repair, refine and reshield skin. All Clinelle products are formulated with 6 secrets to happy skin which exclude potential harmful ingredients that could lead to skin irritation, pre-mature aging and deterioration to skin health."

6 No's
No artificial coloring
No artificial fragrance
No comedogenic ingredients
No Lanolin
No Mineral Oil
No SD-Alcohol

So when I read the 6 No's on the package, I was quite intrigued and I straight away bought this, without reading any reviews. I purchased one Clinelle product before but I don't really like it. It was the marine scrub/mask.

It is a gel moisturizer but it felt a bit slippery. It has no scent at all, just odorless. No smell, NOTHING. So it is good for people who are sensitive to fragrance. It comes in a 30ml tube, retails at RM31.70 (RM1.05/ml). The price point is almost the same as The Body Shop Tea Tree Clearing Lotion but I recently found out Body Shop increased the price, so jadi RM65 for 50ml (RM1.30/ml). Kalau tak around that amount dengan Clinelle jugak.


Clear gel consistency

If I were to compare the Clinelle and The Body Shop, both of them have totally different ingredients, textures, scents etc. To be honest, I prefer The Body Shop one just because it is more mattifying. Plus it absorbs faster. The Clinelle one, it's just sits on top of my skin. Like, I can feel like it's not really going to dry. It just stays there. Even if I tried to massage it, it still felt slippery.

Pros
No fragrance, paraben

Cons
Slippery texture, doesn't sink into the skin (or very slow to sink in)
Tube's a mess, the moisturizer just got all over the lid cover

Final thoughts: To be honest, I hate it. So I don't recommend it because it's slippery and it doesn't look good under makeup and the tube's just super messy. I prefer the Body Shop one as it is more mattifying and sinks fast into the skin. So yeah.

Rating: ★★☆☆☆


That's it guys. I hope yall find this helpful in any way.

Thank you for reading! <3


.iffahs.


MOOOAAARRRR
Watson's
Guardian

No comments:

Post a Comment