Search This Blog

Featured Post

Q&A: Which of The Ordinary Serums That Are Suitable For My Skintype? / What Are Your Recommendations?

Assalamualaikum and hello my lovely Pah people So since I have been selling The Ordinary serums, a lot of people ask me which serum...

Sunday, July 17, 2016

My Makeup Stash: Brow Products

Assalamualaikum and hello my beautiful people!


Weee I'm so excited to share my brow stash! I thought I couldn't update this in time but I managed to do so. Haha. Pawder lah Pah.

So I have been cramping my brain on what to share for my next stash. I wanted to share my eyeshadow palettes but they're too much... Maybe I will but not at the moment lah. Not sure how to do em. Haha. Anyways, let's!


Let's! Katy just cannot wait to share huh?
We'll start off with brow pencils first then brow gels, powder etc. Okay? I only have drugstore/affordable items, I should buy the Anastasia one right??? OK I WILL


Full swatches at the end of this post kayh

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. Catrice Eyebrow Stylist*



Shade: 040 Don't Let Me Brow'n
Link: Catrice, Guardian, Makeup Alley
Price: RM14.90

Spot on: center stage for the eye brows – the Eye Brow Stylist comes in a practical pen-shape and convinces with its simple yet accurate application. It creates perfect eye brows thanks to the professional brush, which helps to apply the powdery texture on the eyebrows for a natural finish. Never go without again!

Packaging: Typical wooden eyebrow pencil with a spoolie and covers for both sides - need to sharp
Formulation: Just nice - creaminess, waxiness ahhh it's everything *MARVELOUS*

Well, of course you guys know kan this is my holy grail brow pencil. It's a brown shade with gray undertone but it's not super ashy or anything. It's quite pigmented, can look a little harsh if you're heavy handed with it. The texture is not too waxy, not too creamy and it's not tugging on your skin. I love the formula. It's a bit of everything. Yes it's a pencil so you do have to sharpen it but hey, anything for natural brows yo. It's really perfect for everyday, it's not too harsh on me at least. It looks really natural. If you like defined brows, this is not for you. Like I said, it's perfect for everyday. Plus it's like so affordable! How can you hate it?!

Rating: 5/5

2. Cyber Colors Auto Eyebrow Pen*



Shade: 06 Gray Brown
Link: Cyber Colors, Sasa
Price: RM21.90

A natural look is appeared from a well-drown eye brow. Use Cyber Color Auto Eyebrow Pen for Redefining or Enhancing the Eyebrows.

Packaging: Sleek, heavy retractable pencil. Oval-shaped tip, comes with a spoolie
Formulation: Creaminess is just nice, VERY pigmented

These eyebrow pens used to be my favourite but I stopped using it for everyday because I felt like it was kinda harsh, like my eyebrows didn't look natural at all. But I still use it if I'm doing any makeup looks because my brows looks so defined and just perfect. So easy to use, it's a retractable pen & it's not rounded so you don't have to sharp it. The texture is on the creamy side but not too creamy. It glides smoothly over your brows, so if you're not careful it can look REALLY harsh. I used to buy Dark Brown shade but it was a warm shade and I don't like it on my brows. I prefer the Gray Brown shade, it's a bit warm but not too warm. Geddit? If you're lucky, sometimes Sasa has offer like buy 1 get another one for RM1 or buy 2 for RM35. Fricking good deals at Sasa. *thumbs up*

Rating: 4/5

3. Cathy Doll Slim Line Eyebrow Pencil*



Shade: Dark Brown
Link: Guardian - Dark Brown, Brown, Ash Brown, Red Brown
Price: RM21.90

The 1.5mm ultra slim lead pencil helps you draw a beautiful brow frame with ease.It is totally effortless to follow the line for a natural look – just like a 3D eyebrow tattoo! The smooth texture makes it easy to apply and hard to mess things up,so you won’t need to worry about re-doing the same thing over and over again!The results? A long-lasting effect and eyebrows that can be colored just the way you wantwith an extensive variety of colours to choose from.

Packaging: Thin retractable pencil, comes with spoolie
Formulation: Not too waxy, not too creamy but glides smoothly on the skin

So I was browsing Guardian online the other day and somehow this eyebrow pencil caught my eyes. I was intrigued to try it because it was on sale, less than RM20 and it is a fine eyebrow pencil. Plus, I never actually try this Korean brand. Not sure if I ever heard anyone raving about it so yeah. The texture is not too waxy, not too creamy, not tugging, not fragile even though it is pretty fine. I used it a couple of times and I actually like it. Really easy to use, glides smoothly on your skin. Quite pigmented. Shade I have is Dark Brown and it is on the warm side and has a bit of orange but it's not too obvious. I might have to swatch this at Guardian to see which shade has more grey in it. But overall, I'm lovin' it!

Rating: 4/5

4. Maybelline Fashion Brow Duo Shaper



Shade: Brown
Link: Maybelline, Watson's, Guardian
Price: RM27.90

Get naturally-defined, fuller eyebrows with Maybelline’s Fashion Brow Duo Shaper, without threading, trimming or plucking your eyebrows! Our first ever 2-in-1 brow liner comes with a slim pencil tip to shape your brows and a powder tip for a soft finish. Pencil shapes, powder finishes, 2 steps to wow!

Packaging: Duo retractable pencil. Comes with brow powder with sponge tip
Formulation: Not pigmented, hard but easy to break as it is a thin pencil

So it's actually a duo brow liner, it has the brow liner and powder tip. It is a brown shade but it's more of a gray-ish brown and it's not super pigmented. The texture is kinda hard, not creamy at all and tugging. It's not gliding smoothly on your skin, need a lot of effort to fill in your brows. And also, it's really fragile! Even if I get the product out like 0.2cm, it will break. Like what the actual f? And the powder tip is just too large, like if you have thin eyebrows, it will get all over the brows area and you have to clean em up, I mean blergh really a lot effort. I'm sorry Maybelline but this pencil sucks so bad. I do not recommend this at all. Now I just use it as a "lazy brow day" pencil.

Rating: 1/5

5. Maybelline Fashion Brow Sharp Pencil



Shade: Brown
Link: Maybelline
Price: RM22.90

Achieve perfect eyebrows with this Maybelline brow pencil! Featuring an ultra-fine 1.6mm tip, the mechanical pencil gives shape and fill in browline with precision, creating gorgeous defined brows as seen on the catwalk.

Packaging: Thin retractable pencil, comes with spoolie
Formulation: Not pigmented, hard but easy to break as it is a thin pencil

This pencil, I can quite compare it with the Cathy Doll Slim Fine Eyebrow Pencil because they're almost similar, both are super fine pencils. However, each has different formula. Cathy Doll is more creamy and glides smoothly on the skin but the Maybelline one, it's not creamy at all and it's tugging on the skin. Well, the formula is the same as the Maybelline Fashion Brow Duo Shaper. Very easy to break. Even though it looks natural but if everytime I use it and it broke, no point right? So skip it. Sucks balls. Hard.

Rating: 1/5

6. Covo Fearless Waterproof Brow Pencil


Comes with a spoolie

Shade: (rubbed off) -_-"
Link: unavailable
Price: (cant recall)

Packaging: Typical wooden eyebrow pencil with a spoolie and covers for both sides - need to sharp
Formulation: Creamy but a bit tuggy

I bought this a long time ago and I don't know why I don't use this up. It is a warm brown with a bit of red/orange undertone. It is creamy but it's a bit tugging on the skin. Not as smooth as the Catrice one. I think that's why I stopped using it, plus it looked too red on me so yeah.

Rating: 2.5/5

7. Golden Rose Dream Eyebrow Pencil


Comes with a brush

Shade: #305 (Medium Brown)
Link: Golden Rose Malaysia
Price: RM20

Golden Rose Dream Eyebrow Pencil, the eyebrow pencil that expresses your eyebrow in natural form and shaping brush are all in one to complete your make-up perfectly. Eyebrow brush is included. 

Packaging: Typical wooden eyebrow pencil, comes with brush instead of a spoolie
Formulation: Very creamy

So in the website, the shade description is Medium Brown. The formula is creamy, too creamy for my liking. It does not stay on my brows for whatever reasons I don't know. It was quite hard to apply it since it's super creamy so it glides kinda too easily.

Rating: 2/5

8. Nyx Eyebrow Cake Powder*



Shade: Dark Brown/Brown
Link: Nyx Cosmetics , Review
Price: USD6 - Bought it around RM20-RM30 at that time (can't remember how much)

Our recipe for cooking up exquisite eyebrows includes wax tools and a pair of complementary powders which can be customized to create the ideal shade. Each Eyebrow Cake Powder kit includes a slanted brush and a spoolie to shape style and tame eyebrows.

Packaging: Brow palette with 2 brow powders and creamy wax. Also comes with a mini slaneted brush and mini spoolie
Formulation: Not too powdery, not very pigmented (in a good way) ; wax is quite creamy so you have to be careful not to put too much

This was my first purchase from Nyx and I remember back in the day everyone was like raving about it because it's cheap and it works well. I actually enjoy using it, the brow powder is not super pigmented so it's easy to control the amount on your brush and whatnot. The wax is okay lah for me, I don't really use it that much but it does keep my eyebrows in place. Not sure if it's waterproof but I did try washing my face with it, it didn't budge but it did fade a bit. It has 2 shades - Dark Brown and Brown. Dark Brown is a cool-toned deep brown and Brown shade is more of a warm brown. It did came with 1 mini brush and 1 mini spoolie but I don't use the brush because it was like thick and very weird. It just sucked. LOL. The mini spoolie was okay but I can't remember where did I put it... LOL.

This is a pretty decent brow powder and it is affordable. I do recommend this brow kit for beginners. Easy to apply, don't have to worry if you put too much coz it's not super pigmented.

Rating: 4/5

9. Nyx Tame & Frame Tinted Brow Pomade*



Shade: Chocolate (Red Brown)
Link: Nyx CosmeticsReview
Price: USD7 - Bought it around RM36... Not sure how much it is now

Give extra life to your brows with our easy-to-use brow pomade that glides onto skin and hair. Our smudge-proof waterproof formula comes in five shades to coax brows into prime shape. Stand up to humidity in style!

Packaging: Comes in a small jar
Formulation: Pomade (waxy)

So when this Nyx brow pomade came out, everyone compared it to the Anastasia Beverly Hills Dipbrow Pomade. The ABH is one of the best brow pomade, everyone is raving about it but unfortunately I don't have that one so I cannot compare the formula. That thing is pretty dang pricey, maybe I will try em later. Not now tho because I'm just not good at using brush for my brows, banyak cleanup kena buat. Hoho.

I used to love it but then I haven't use it in a while and it was like hardened. So I don't know if I can use it again or not, I might have to look for some tips online to reuse it when I wanted to. It is a pomade, so it's a bit waxy so you just have to be careful not to put on so much. It is a brown shade but on the warmer side but I'm okay with it. So yeah.

Oh it is a waterproof eyebrow pomade so you can use this if your date bawak you all pegi swimming.

Rating: 3/5

10. Catrice Eyebrow Filler Perfecting & Shaping Gel



Shade: 10 (Only available in this shade at Guardian)
Link: Catrice
Price: RM18.90

This naturally tinted eyebrow filler grooms, thickens and defines your brows. Fibres integrated in the texture fill in small gaps and irregularities. The neutral colour suits eyebrows of all colours. Easy to use and fast-drying without clumping, the Perfecting & Shaping Gel gives your eyes a beautiful, expressive look.

Packaging: Comes in a tube, long like a mascara tube. Brush is quite long and densed with short bristles
Formulation: Wet with fibers

So I never bought any tinted eyebrow gel so I saw this at Guardian and bought it. I was surprised to see the wand was quite huge, like it was super long. Our eyebrows kan small small only, but don't know why this one was like huge. This shade is the only one shade that is available at Guardian and it is a warm brown. It is an eyebrow filler with fibers and all that jazz but to be completely honest, I don't see any difference. Since it has short bristles, I don't see any of the gel stick to my brows. I don't know man. I don't like it.

Rating: 2/5

11. Kate Eyebrow Color*



Shade: BR1
Link: Jan FavesWatson's (only found link for shade BR2 but KATE brand is available at Watson's and Parkson)
Price: RM33.90

A liquid with vivid coloration creates a natural eyebrow color. 
The eyebrow mascara series that keeps a beautiful finish for an extended period of time

Packaging: Small tube with small wand
Formulation: Gel formula

So I have story story in my January fave (link above). This is the only proper packaging for eyebrow gel yang aku ada. LOL. It is a small tube and it has a small wand like it can totally use for thin eyebrows. This shade is a bit warm for me but it kept my eyebrows in tact so no complaints.

Rating: 3.5/5

12. Essence Lash & Brow Gel Mascara*



Shade: Clear
Link: EssenceWatson's
Price: RM10.90

Put a stop to unruly eyebrows! The Lash & Brow Gel Mascara pampers your eyebrows as well as your lashes to give them both a perfect shape. Opthalmologically tested.

Packaging: Medium size tube with medium size mascara wand
Formulation: Gel formula

Okay sorry, it wasn't supposed to be in that shade. It is a clear brow gel but as you can see I use it quite often so yeah. Now it has like a nice brown tint in it. LOL.

This is one of my first eyebrow gel. I actually didn't buy it for my brows but I bought for my lashes actually but then I noticed it's not really doing anything so I stopped using it for a while. Then after few months, I saw someone use it to set their eyebrows and I'm like hey I could do that too so I have been using it to set my brows. If I wanted a feathery eyebrow look, I would use this gel. I really love howmy brows look but but but the wand is quite large, like you're not supposed to use it for your brows but I make it work so yeah. LOL

Rating: 4/5

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------


L-R: Catrice, Essence, Kate



* - My fave eyebrow product

Finding the right shade for your brows is not that easy but once you tried so many, you would know what looks good and what's not. I tend to choose cool-toned shade just because I don't like a red-based shade. Too fake looking. LOL. I know the way I line my brows pon not that natural but I don't want my brows to be red too so yeah.

Okay this is an old video of me lining my brows. I'm not that good so yeah.



That is all for tonight. I hope you guys enjoy it.

Thank you for reading! :D


.iffahs.


Other mymakeupstash series: HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment