Search This Blog

Featured Post

Q&A: Which of The Ordinary Serums That Are Suitable For My Skintype? / What Are Your Recommendations?

Assalamualaikum and hello my lovely Pah people So since I have been selling The Ordinary serums, a lot of people ask me which serum...

Tuesday, July 19, 2016

Review: Too Faced Better Than Sex Mascara

Assalamualaikum and hello my gorgeous people!


So I did a poll on Twitter and this babe was leading and I asked you guys when did you want me to post this and you said on Tuesday! So I'm like, hell, I'm gonna do it for my readers coz my readers are fricking awesome!

I'm not sure I have ever mentioned in my previous posts but hey 100k views! OMG! 100,000 OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You guys are fricking awesome! Thank you for those of who yang selalu sangat baca blog aku yang biasa-biasa ni. Pfffft. But seriously, thank you so much yang rajin singgah blog aku. Huhuh. Terharu aku less than 2 years dah sampai 100k. Hohoho. I hope I can deliver better content in the future, but at the same time you guys also can recommend me stuff to review and whatnot... Okay? Okay. Sambung.

I have been using this mascara for over a month now and I think it is time for me to share what are my thoughts on it. So yeah. Let's!

PRODUCT INFO

Take home our Better Than Sex mascara and all your desires for lush, incredibly intense lashes will be fulfilled. One application of our collagen-fueled formula and touch of our specially shaped brush will leave you begging for more. One coat and lashes are full, defined and stretched to unbelievable lengths. Two coats and they’re reaching unbelievable heights of drama. Three coats and you’ll believe in magic.

What it is
An intensely black, volumizing mascara with an hourglass-shaped brush that separates, coats, and curls each lash to voluptuous perfection. 

What it does
Inspired by the curves of a woman’s body, the hourglass-shaped brush was designed with extra stiff bristles to maximize the performance of this carbon black, collagen-fueled formula. One coat and lashes are full and defined. Two coats and lashes are even more luscious, curled, and dramatic. Three coats help you achieve the most intense, black, multidimensional lashes possible. 

What it is formulated WITHOUT
- Parabens 

What else you need to know
Better Than Sex mascara contains a film-forming polymer for smudge-proof, all day wear and unique peptides for the deepest, intense black possible.

INGREDIENTS

Water/aqua/eau, Synthetic Beeswax, Paraffin, Glyceryl Stearate, Acacia Senegal Gum, Butylene Glycol, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Bran Wax, Stearic Acid, Palmitic Acid, Polybutene, VP/Eicosene Copolymer, Cera Carnauba/Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax/Cire de carnauba, Aminomethyl Propanol, Glycerin, Ethylhexylglycerin, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Disodium EDTA, Polyester-11, PVP, Cellulose, Trimethylpentanediol/Adipic Acid/Glycerin Crosspolymer, Propylene Glycol, Acacia Senegal Gum Extract, Potassium Sorbate, Dextran, Acetyl Hexapeptide-1. May Contain/Peut Contenir/(+/-): Iron Oxides (CI 77499), Black 2 (CI 77266), Ultramarines (CI 77007). *Vegan-friendly *Formulated without parabens

REVIEW

So I bought this mascara masa Sephora VIB sale early June? Or was it May? Sorry I can't remember when. LOL. #oldpeople I only bought this mascara because I think almost everyone was like raving about it so I really have to try it kan? Plus it was much cheaper than other high end mascaras so why the heck not lah.


Hourglass shaped wand, stiff bristles, doesn't hurt my eyes

I was not planning to use it since I have a lot of opened mascaras. Mestilah aku taknak pakai mascara baru, mahal pulak tu. This is actually my first high end mascara that I purchased with my own moolah. I had a Dior Diorshow Extase Mascara but that one is a sample but dang I love that mascara. Then I was like, hey they are comparable to each other! But I don't which drugstore has the same wand/formula and whatnot but some people said the L'Oreal Voluminous is a dupe for the Extase but I don't know man. Also, I googled for Better Than Sex dupe and known dupes are the Rimmel Scandaleyes Retro Glam Mascara and ELF Studio Mineral Volumizing Mascara but I don't have that. They have the same type of wand, shorter bristles in the middle.

First impression: Thicker consistency, quite clumpy, dry and lots of fall out. Other than that, just an average mascara. The packaging is pretty and it was quite heavy especially on the mascara wand side.
(I actually don't get why it's overhyped at this point)

Since it was pretty dry, I assumed the mascara has dried out so I put in few eyedrops just to see if it's going to change the mascara formula. I don't think it changed but it's easier to apply, not getting too clumpy and less fall out but still flakey tho.

Even after I put in few eyedrops, I don't really feel like, oooh it's so much better if it has a wet formula... No. Just neutral ya know? Coz I think my Essence mascaras are better than Better Than Sex. I can't say if my Essence mascaras are better than Sex but it is certainly better than Better Than Sex. Saja nak pening kan korang. Kahkah

Ala cakap banyak-banyak aku tak tunjuk lagi how my lashes look with it and compared it with the Essence Get BIG Lashes mascara.


My lashes before mascara. On muh lips: Sephora Cream Lip Stain in Marvelous Mauve

1 coat of Better Than Sex on my right eye (your left side)

1 coat of Essence Get BIG Lashes on my left eye (your right side)

Multiple coats of both of em, as you can see they look exactly the same

It does give me darker, fuller, voluminous lashes but it didn't change my entire life. You guys know how I truly feel about the Essence Get BIG Lashes. I was impressed of it because it was affordable and it can do just as good as the Better Than Sex!

It is easy to remove with cleansing water because it's not waterproof, they just came out with the waterproof formula so if you are interested, go ahead.

To be honest, I love how the Too Faced mascara looked on my lashes but having to pay more for the same effect as my less than RM15 mascara? No thanks. I'd rather buy 6 tubes of those Get BIG Lashes mascara.

If you asked me, is it really better than sex?
The answer is if you think your mascara is better than sex then there's totally something wrong with you o.O


Diorshow Extase is bomb according to some Redditors - I love that mascara as well.
It gives beautiful fuller lashes.

Source: HERE

Pros
Blacker
Fuller
Voluminous
Lengthening
Hold my curls pretty well
Easy to remove
Nice packaging

Cons
Flakey
A bit pricey
Found a cheaper mascara that can do the same

Final thoughts: I don't want to offend anyone with my honest opinion but I think this mascara gets too much hype. Even though I love how it looked on my lashes, I still think RM90 mascara is not worth it. I don't regret purchasing it and since my Essence Get BIG Lashes has the same effect, so for that reason I won't be repurchasing this mascara. If you like to buy high end stuff or don't mind spending more for mascara that will last about 3-6 months, I do recommend you guys to get this mascara because it has beautiful effect but get the waterproof one because this one is a bit flakey, but by all means, buy whatever the f you want. It's not a bad mascara, not that amazing but it's good. So yeah.

Rating: ★★★☆☆


That is all for tonight. Hoho.

I hope you guys find it helpful in any way.

Thank you for reading! <3


.iffahs.


MOOOOOAAAARRRRRRRRRR
Sephora

2 comments:

  1. Agree with you! they do give the same effect!, tapi yang Too Faced Better Than Sex Mascara ni mahalnyeee~ T.T

    ieyra h. | blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. KAAAANNNNNN xpela i rather buy essence tu byk2 ahisdjaksdajks

      Delete