Search This Blog

Featured Post

Q&A: Which of The Ordinary Serums That Are Suitable For My Skintype? / What Are Your Recommendations?

Assalamualaikum and hello my lovely Pah people So since I have been selling The Ordinary serums, a lot of people ask me which serum...

Wednesday, September 14, 2016

Review: Maybelline The Magnum Barbie Mascara

Assalamualaikum and hello my gorgeous people!


Fuhhh. Food coma tak habih lagi. Oh, salam aidil adha! Hehe. So today I wanna share my thoughts on this Maybelline The Magnum Barbie Mascara. I have been using it for a while now... So yeah. I posted a poll on Twitter few weeks ago and you guys voted for it so yeah. Here I am.

Let's just jump right into it!


PRODUCT INFO

For the Hottest New York Doll Look!
#DOLLITUP and get the fluffiest volume and extreme length with the Magnum Barbie Mascara. Got Barbie eyes? Flaunt them!

1st mascara to create fluffy doll-like lashes with extreme length.

New Duo Fibers new Doll It up brush.

Effortless transformation from a natural day look to a dolled up night of play is now made simple with the new MAYBELLINE MAGNUM BARBIE MASCARA!

Up your lash game with the fluffiest volume and extreme length, while widening the eyes for doll-like eyes just like Barbie!

- Easy removal with warm water
- Smudgeproof
- Buildable
- Weightless soft fiber technology

RRP: RM35.90

REVIEW

So I've been going back and forth on whether if I should try this mascara because the marketing is like all over my freaking face so I'm like okay. Then I went on Guardian pharmacy online and it was on sale for 20 something so yeah.

Now, I don't do my research or watch/read reviews online before buying it so I don't know what it looks like on the face and whatnot. I mean, I saw the ad but I think everyone knows in ads are not super real? LOL

I didn't know it was a fiber mascara until I tried it on myself. Hahaha fail betul. So for the first time I applied this mascara, it has a bit of fall out. The mascara wand is exactly like the Maybelline Volum Express The False Lash Smudgeproof (I mentioned it in the Makeup Stash post)

It has a typical packaging of Maybelline mascaras but it has colorful tube ya know? Pink and yellow gitu, it's kinda cute and the Barbie font is the real Barbie font...? Yea.


Curvy wand - like I said, sebijik like the Maybeline False Lash mascara, also looks a bit like the L'Oreal False Lash Miss Manga Mascara but less coney looking ? LOL

It totally has a different formula, it is more creamy than the False Lash mascara. The False Lash has a drier consistency and it dried out pretty fast but this Magnum Barbie has a combination of wet and dry formula and it does not dry so fricking fast.

Okay, let's demo demo.


For my lash base, I used the Essence Lash Princess False Lash Effect Mascara - 1 coat only (review soon!)

I only curled my left eye (your right side LOL) because I forgot to curl my lashes before I applied the mascara LOL

Oh and yeah I know it's a bit messy but I'm just super lazy to make it more neat and pretty coz I don't apply mascara neatly okay

1 coat of the Maybelline The Magnum Barbie Mascara on my right eye (your left side)

YES MY EYES WERE RED BECAUSE I WAS SUPER EXHAUSTED LOL IT WAS A LONG DAY AT WORK AOSIDUHALSKJDAS


Close up: Crazy volumizing and since it has fibers, it lengthens my lashes a bit and not sure if you could see in the photo there's a bit of fiber fall out


2 coats on my right eye (your left side) and 1 coat on my left eye (your right side)

Is it buildable? If you like clumpy lashes look, go for 2 coats but in my opinion, 1 coat is enough for your lashes to look super bomb. Well... My lashes lah... But I think 1 coat is enough because when I put on the second coat on my right eye, the fibers got into my eye and it was not a pleasant feeling at all. So yeah, stick to 1 and maybe use a different mascara before or after if you wanted more volume.

Well, you guys know how I feel on the Maybelline Lash Sensational Mascara kan? I fricking hate that mascara and pretty much most Maybelline mascaras just did not work for me except the Maybelline Rocket Volum Express Mascara but honey that mascara is 40 bucks and like I have mentioned so many times before, Maybelline mascaras are such a bitch to remove so I have to apply mascaras that are easy to remove such as Essence mascaras and it worked so well with the Rocket Volum and surprisingly it works with this Magnum Barbie mascara too!

As yall already know, Rocket Volum is my personal favourite but since I have tried this Magnum Barbie mascara, uhmmm my brain is like a bit confused because I actually prefer this Maybelline Magnum Barbie mascara. Hey this says a lot because I did not like the Maybelline mascaras formula but this one, I'm impressed. :)

Easy removal? Then again, this mascara is a bitch to remove hahahhaa. I use the Sephora Eye Makeup Remover and it works well but like I said, if you applied an "easier to remove" mascara, you won't have to tug your eyes to remove it. Any oil-based remover works well I think but just be careful since it has fibers in it, you can get it into your eyes while removing them. So yeah.

Is it smudge proof? Yes. I have been using it all day and it did not go anywhere. Even through out the day, there were no fibers fall out. The fall out only happens when I apply the mascara onto my lashes.

Pros
Volumizing and lengthening
Cute packaging
1 coat is enough to get beautiful lashes

Cons
Not easy to remove

Final thoughts: I actually enjoy using this mascara! I haven't use it like a full month or so but I am in love with it! This is one of the best Maybelline mascaras in my opinion. Hahaha. Worth buying but please do buy the oil-based makeup remover as well LOL. Definitely would repurchase it!

Rating: ★★★★☆


So yeah. I hope you guys find this helpful in any way.

Thank you for reading.

Stay gorgeous <3


.iffahs.


MOOOAAAARRRR
Maybelline website
Watson's
Guardian
Gemfive
Zalora


No comments:

Post a Comment