Search This Blog

Featured Post

Q&A: Which of The Ordinary Serums That Are Suitable For My Skintype? / What Are Your Recommendations?

Assalamualaikum and hello my lovely Pah people So since I have been selling The Ordinary serums, a lot of people ask me which serum...

Thursday, November 24, 2016

Review: Laura Mercier Foundation Primer (Original)

Assalamualaikum and hello my beautiful people!


So if you guys have been following on social media, I have been raving about the Laura Mercier Foundation Primer. Hehehe. Not gonna bebel that much so let's!

PRODUCT INFO

Award-winning go-to primer creates a smooth, even surface for flawless makeup application. The formula provides a soft-focus optics effect to help minimize the look of pores, fine lines, and imperfections.

Prepares for and perfects makeup application
Like all Laura Mercier™ Primers, it creates a perfectly smooth, even surface for applying foundation. It helps makeup glide on easily and last longer, so your look stays fresh and colour-true for hours.

Why Laura's primers are different
Unlike traditional primers that are overloaded with silicone smoothers, Laura Mercier™ Primers are water-based and include a minimal concentration of the lightest silicones. That's why they feel fresh and lightweight, and why they work as well as they do. In addition, they create an invisible "buffer" for your skin, with an antioxidant vitamin complex that helps protect skin against harmful, aging effects of the environment.

Natural Finish
Our most universal primer, it gives skin a natural finish, with invisible coverage. The lightweight, creamy, water-based gel is ideal for all skin types.

Formulation Details
Non-comedogenic. Dermatologist tested.

How to apply
Apply on clean skin, or after your moisturizer or sunscreen. Gently massage primer into skin’s surface with fingertips. Follow with Tinted Moisturizer, Foundation, or Concealer.

PRO TIP
Place in the refrigerator before use. The coolness will refresh your skin and help reduce visible puffiness.

INGREDIENTS

Aqua/Water/Eau, Tridecyl Neopentanoate, Cetyl Alcohol, Stearic Acid, Glyceryl Stearate, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Lanolin, Triethanolamine, Carbomer, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil, Glycerin, Allantoin, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Tocopherol, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Fruit Extract, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Peel Extract, Actinidia Chinensis (Kiwi) Fruit Extract, Mel Extract/Honey Extract/Extrait De Miel, Butylene Glycol, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Pelargonium Graveolens Extract, Rose Extract, Rubus Idaeus (Raspberry) Fruit Extract, Geraniol (Fragrance - extract from rose/lemon), Limonene, Linalool. May Contain/Peut Contenir/(+/-): CI 19140 (Yellow 5), CI 14700 (Red 4)

Reference (source from Skindeep)
Low Hazard
Moderate Hazard
High Hazard

REVIEW

So I went to Laura Mercier Sunway Pyramid, is it like a counter? I don't know. LOL. So I wanted to buy primer for my clients lah kan. My MUA aka a friend of mine (Amirah Azlan, check out her Instagram!) she suggested me to get the Radiance primer for brides because she actually used it on me masa majlis bertandang and my makeup actually lasted all day, I even walked/ran under the rain sebab masa outdoor photoshoot hujan. GITUUUUUUU. So I asked the Laura Mercier girl to suggest which primer is the best and she recommended the Original one and I was like a bit skeptic because as an oily peep here *tunjuk diri sendiri* most primers do not work on me. So I just don't buy primers anymore. LOL. Then since I bought the Radiance one, she gave me few samples of the Original one for me to try because she actually wanted me to get the Original one. Haha.

Let me clarify that this is a review for the Original primer, not the Radiance one. LOL. I don't really use the Radiance on me, I use it on my clients. He he he.

Story time. In mid October, Laura Mercier has 20% off discount on their best selling Translucent Loose Powder and I asked my husband to buy it for me and lucky me he is a Sunway Pal so he was able to get the Foundation Primer in a deluxe sample. Is it deluxe sample...? It's certainly bigger than the sample sachet one. LOL. Currently using that tube and still tak habis lagi. Oh and then aku just cuba-cuba lah masuk contest Repost and Win, sekali betui-betui aku menang. Terkejut beruk lah jugak, takdelah creative mana pon but wooooot! I've won!!!!!! So yang ni they gave me the 1oz primer, but I think the 1oz size is not available here so they just sent me the 0.5oz x 2. LOL. It's funny lah but it's okay one as long as I got my prize. Weeee. Was so happy, I didn't expect that actually. Kelakar jugak la.

Okay I start now. Panjang betul drama hari ini. 😂😂😂 <--- weh blogspot pon dah ada benda alah ni

Texture: Susah jugak nak explain ni but I'll try my best okay? It's like gel, like disappear when you put it on your skin. Well, not like disappear jatuh ke apa it's like melting into your skin? Hah yelah, watery gel lah kan. I loooove the texture of this product because it's not silicone-based! Yayyy! You know I really hate silicone-based products, they just give my skin a hard time, I have breakouts because of them and cystic acnes are the worst man.


Aku kedekut nak ambik gambar product tu so I googled it LOL

Pic from here

Packaging: It's a tube packaging, like any other primers so it's pretty convenient. Plus it's the kind of penyet tube, I mean it's not like bulky, LOL. It's a kurus, long tube. Gituuuu. Even though it's a long tube, I don't have any issues with it being large because it's a kurus one ya know? Ya get me? Okay.

Pic from here

The reviews online are mostly mixed reviews, you either love it or hate it. Note that I only read the reviews after I use the sample but even when I used the sample, I really really really liked it ya know. You apply it just like a moisturizer and voila. Oh and I use the Paula's Choice Resist Super Light Wrinkle Defense prior to this primer and it applies beautifully on top. I don't know why but it made my foundation goes on smoothly and not patchy at all. It's not a pore filling primer obviously but it blurs out my pores just fine. It smooths my skin really well and I don't have any issues like breakouts and whatnot while using it.

Oh but but but... The one thing I hate the most about this primer is the scent. I mean it's not like rotten or anything, it's just weird. I don't know man. Just not a fan.

Is it long-lasting? On my oily combination skin, heck yeah. Usually other primers I use lasted me about 4-5 hours but this primer, I think I got about 7-8 hours. 10 hours the most and of course I look like disco ball but my foundation did not melt at all!

Laura Mercier offers a great range of primers, there's Oil-Free, Blemish-Less, Radiance... Entah banyak lah. I would really love to try other primers as well in the future. Just after I finish both of the primers I got from em.

Now let's talk about the price. It is RM169 for 50ml. YES, 50ML OF PRODUCT!!!! That can lasts you like about what? 1 year at least kot!

So let me list down some popular primers and do the math stuff. LOL

Laura Mercier Primer - RM169/50ml = RM3.38/ml
Mac Prep + Prime Skin - RM125/30ml = RM4.17/ml
Benefit Porefessional - RM150/22ml = RM6.82/ml
Make Up For Ever Primer - RM180/30ml = RM6/ml
Too Faced Hangover Primer - RM153/40ml = RM3.83/ml
Tarte Clean Slate Poreless Primer - RM149/30ml = RM4.97/ml
Kat Von D Lock It Hydrating Primer - RM159/30ml = RM5.30/ml

As you can see, most primers has 30ml of product except for Benefit Porefessional and the most expensive primer in the list. Pffft. Like I said, 50ml is a lot of product okay. It is great bargain for makeup artists, coz it's quite cheap ya know. Heh.

Pros
Lighweight
Smooths out the skin
Makeup stays longer
Worth your money since it came in large size

Cons
Scent is a bit off but it's not lingering

Final thoughts: I can't say enough about this primer. It's everything to me. Ever since it came into my life, I never stopped using it. It is just the most beautiful primer, one of the best discoveries in 2016. I really really love it. If you guys wanna try it out, just ask the Laura Mercier counter peeps and ask for the sample sachet. It's amazing. I loooooooooove it.

Rating: ★★★★★


So yeah. I hope you find this helpful in any way.

Thank you for reading!

Stay gorgeous <3


.iffahs.




No comments:

Post a Comment