Search This Blog

Featured Post

Q&A: Which of The Ordinary Serums That Are Suitable For My Skintype? / What Are Your Recommendations?

Assalamualaikum and hello my lovely Pah people So since I have been selling The Ordinary serums, a lot of people ask me which serum...

Sunday, January 8, 2017

Sample Sunday #2 - Paula's Choice Skin Balancing

Assalamualaikum and hello my lovely people.


Happy New Year! OMG macam tak percaya dah 2017 and damn son I just turned 28! Well about 2 weeks ago and I'm like turning 29 pulak in 2017. LOL. Whatever.

Oh my god, 200k pageviews?!?!?! Within 2 years???? Arghhhhhh omg thank you so much to those of you who visited my stupid blog. I know I don't update as much as I used to but I will okay. I will. I just gotta get out of this funk I'm in right now. Huhuh. Seriously, thank you so much you guys. <3

Anyways, I feel like I must put this up ASAP because I have used all of the samples that I got from Worthee Cosmetics. The last Sample Sunday post was all about the RESIST range and today I wanna talk about the SKIN BALANCING range. This range is targeted for those who has oily and combination skintypes.

So let's get started!


1. Paula's Choice Skin Balancing Oil-Reducing Cleanser
Link: Worthee Cosmetics , Paula's Choice , Makeup Alley
Rating: 4.5/5 on PC, 4.1/5 on MA


This blend of gentle cleansing ingredients thoroughly removes makeup and impurities while soothing skin, an ideal cleanser for those with combination to oily skin.
- Enlarged Pores
- Normal to Oily Skin; Combination Skin
- Effectively cleanses skin without drying
- Leaves skin with a soft feel while it removes makeup and impurities
- Concentrated cream-to-foam formula
- The first step in any AM/PM routine

This cleanser feels almost similar as the Paula's Choice RESIST Perfectly Balanced Cleanser, which I talked about in previous Sample Sunday post. Compared the ingredients, most of them are almost identical, of course the RESIST one has more ingredients in it but the RESIST cleanser has 190ml (RM125 - RM0.65/ml) of product and the Skin Balancing has 237ml (RM110 - RM0.46/ml) of product and cheaper.......... (DAMMIT PAH TAK CHECK AWAL2)

Anyways, I might purchase the full size since it has more product and cheaper.................... DUH. Ha ha ahhasoidhaslkdjasldkjasdasdokapdjasdlkasd

I love the cleansers simply because they don't dry out my skin and I don't know man. I love em. MUST. BUY. THE. FULL. SIZE.

My rating: 4.5/5

2. Paula's Choice Skin Balancing Oil-Absorbing Mask
Link: Worthee Cosmetics , Paula's Choice , Makeup Alley
Rating: 4/5 on PC, 3.3/5 on MA



This unique mask absorbs oil, uproots blackheads, and reduces irritation. It leaves skin remarkably soft, matte and beautifully smooth. A mix of mineral clays perfect as a mask for normal to oily skin that noticeably refines pore size and promotes a healthy-looking, shine-free complexion.
Blackheads, Enlarged Pores
Combination, Oily Skin
Smooths rough, uneven skin
Shrinks enlarged pores, reveals younger looking skin

I got 2 uses out of the sample but both times, I was like falling in love with it. Rasa macam Innisfree Super Volcanic Mousse Mask tu macam crap je but don't get me wrong, I still love that mask. This PC's mask is one of those "stronger" clay mask, ya know what I'm saying? Some people might hate it, some people might love it. I loooove it. It did sting my face a bit but I didn't have any issues with it. Of course my face turned red when I used it but most clay masks pon sama je. It made my skin feel super soft and smooth, like it was a new skin ya know? I'm not lying. I looove it!!!!!!!! ARGGHHHHH. I am seriously going to purchase the full size once my Innisfree mask habis. UGHHHHH.

Price comparison - The Innisfree is RM70 for 100ml - RM0.70/ml and the Paula's Choice mask is RM119 for 118ml - basically RM1/ml. Beza 30 sen je pon so I have decided I'm gonna get this. Really gon buy it okay. I'm not changing my mind. Huh.

My rating: 4.5/5

3. Paula's Choice Skin Balancing Pore-Reducing Toner
Link: Worthee Cosmetics , Paula's Choice , Makeup Alley
Rating: 4/5 on PC, 4.1/5 on MA



This lightly hydrating toner regulates oily skin and minimizes pores while its potent antioxidants, anti-irritants and cell-communicating ingredients go to work to restore and repair damaged skin.
- Blackheads, Enlarged Pores
- Combination, Oily Skin
- Niacinamide regulates enlarged pores & balances oily skin
- Potent antioxidants repair damaged skin
- Anti-inflammatories soothe & reduce redness
- Gentle formula revitalizes skin, leaving it soft & smooth

When I put this on my palm, I knew I was gonna like it. You know why? Because it's a moisturizing kinda toner. It has a clear liquid texture kinda thing but you know it's gon' be damn moisturizin'. Once I put it on my face, my face felt so smooooth and so soooftttttt OMG I really love it. The ingredients in the toner are quite amazing as well. It contains Niacinamide, Vitamin C, Ceramide etc (all the good stuff) and my skin really loved it. I haven't try the Resist range toner and I actually prefer the Resist range just because the ingredients are more for anti-aging kinda thing ya know? But, since it is a moisturizing toner, it's not a good toner under makeup for me at least. I find that my skin got a lil bit too dewy through out the day.

I am actually considering to purchase the full size. It is retailed at RM121 on the Worthee website, pretty pricey for a damn toner but if I'm gonna use it at night time only, it's a pretty good investment. Highly recommend it. You guys can try the sample size as well. It's less than 10 bucks if I'm not mistaken so go ahead check em out :)

My rating: 4.5/5

4. Paula's Choice Skin Balancing Super Antioxidant Concentrate Serum with Retinol
Link: Worthee Cosmetics , Paula's Choice , Makeup Alley
Rating: 4/5 on PC, 3.6/5 on MA


Pores, you’re not growing on me. Wrinkles, stand down. A few drops of this serum morning and night shrinks enlarged pores and smooths skin. You win. A skin-renewing serum loaded with antioxidants specially designed for normal to oily skin that helps develop a balanced-looking complexion while also helping defend skin against environmental stressors.

Blackheads, Enlarged Pores
Combination, Oily Skin
Protects your skin from environmental damage
Silky-smooth texture makes a great foundation primer
Great for use around eyes

First ingredient is the Cyclopentasiloxane, it's like a silicone ingredient but the different kind? Anyways, It's not like the slippery, silky kind of silicone, I don't really know how to explain it but because of the texture, I just don't like it. I felt like it's not doing anything, it's just sitting on top of the skin. I prefer the Resist serum (for oily skin), that one fuhhh. The best! Go get that one instead of this one. LOL

My rating: 1.5/5

5. Paula's Choice Skin Balancing Invisible Finish Moisture Gel
Link: Worthee Cosmetics , Paula's Choice , Makeup Alley
Rating: 4.5/5 on PC, 3.8/5 on MA


This silky gel moisturizer hydrates without feeling slick or greasy. Dries to a matte finish. You get that healthy glow. Without the shine. Zen skin. A moisturizer for normal to oily skin that provides essential hydration, helps minimize the appearance of pores over time, and provides antioxidants to help defend against environmental assault.

Blackheads, Enlarged Pores
Combination, Oily Skin
Smooths, refreshes and hydrates skin, over time helps skin look and act younger
Niacinamide helps diminish the appearance of pores
Lightweight gel formula

Again, this one has the Cyclopentasiloxane as the second most used ingredient in the product. I didn't like it at all. I prefer a water-based product than this type of silicone-based products ya know? I felt like there's a layer on top that didn't absorb into the skin like any other moisturizers. That's just my opinion. Other people could love it but I just don't...

My rating: 1.5/5

******************************

So the products that I would consider to purchase the full size are the cleanser, mask and (maybe) the toner as well. I need to try the Resist toner first, then I am going to decide which range I'm gonna get. Both Skin Balancing and Resist (for oily skin) are just sooooo ngam with my skin, I'm considering buying the whole skincare routine from Paula's Choice!

So yeahhhhh. I guess that is all for tonight.

Thank you for reading. I hope you guys find it helpful in any way.

Stay gorgeous <3


.iffahs.


No comments:

Post a Comment