Search This Blog

Featured Post

Q&A: Which of The Ordinary Serums That Are Suitable For My Skintype? / What Are Your Recommendations?

Assalamualaikum and hello my lovely Pah people So since I have been selling The Ordinary serums, a lot of people ask me which serum...

Monday, May 18, 2015

My Makeup Stash: Concealers

Assalamualaikum and hello ladies!


Wow guys, I have been procrastinating for quite a while, I actually have no idea what to post here. LOL. So I was looking at my makeup stash and I kinda want to post a review on each of em, but I am kinda lazy right now... And I was inspired by some youtube videos that are sharing their makeup collections and stuff, but I don't really have makeup collections... I just wanna share my thoughts on the concealers that I've been using... For now. LOL. Okay, I'm not talking about them in particular order, I'm just selecting them randomly. Pfffft. 



1. Nyx Wonder Pencil



So the first concealer that I would like to talk about is the Nyx Wonder Pencil. I actually bought two of em, Light & Medium. Saja je nak beli dua hahaha plus it's not that expensive. I'm pretty sure it was around RM24 each when I bought these. I actually bought them to fix my eyeshadow or eyeliner if they're crazy or all over the place, For the Light shade, I rarely use it because it is not really the same shade as my skintone. I only use it for reverse lipliner... Stuff. I don't know. LOL. I always use the Medium shade to repair my eyeliner and stuff. Sometimes I use to conceal my eye area (if I was not in the mood to wear any makeup, or if it's too early in the morning). It is light-medium coverage. Okay lah.


Left: Light pencil, Right: Medium pencil

I actually love these pencils, it is so easy to apply and it is not that creamy. Also pretty convenient for travelling. But if you wanted to tightline your lower lashes, I don't really recommend to use this pencil. It's kinda hard to apply it and it's not really long lasting on your lower lashes. So yeah. I recommend you guys to buy an actual eyeliner, for the eyes, with a fleshtone shade. You know what I mean.


2. Nyx Concealer in a Jar



This concealer was actually one of the first few products that I bought from Nyx. I was pretty clueless on what concealer I should buy at that time, so I was just trying this out. Plus it was RM20++, it wasn't that expensive. I tried using them as under eye concealer and damn it was a bad idea. This concealer is actually on the creamy side so it was bad. SO BAD. I hated it. I kept this concealer for such a long time until I started to know how to do my brows. Watched some tutorials and some of em use this kind of concealer to fix any mishaps on their brows to get the crisp eyebrows stuff... I don't know. So I tried it and now I really love it. You know, baru lah on fleek orang kata. This concealer has light to medium coverage as well.


Now, Nyx Concealer Jar has 10 shades to choose from. They also have color correct concealer (orange, blue, lavender, yellow, green) Would love to try one of em!


3. LA Girl Pro Conceal HD Concealer




Okay this concealer photographs beautifully but in real life, it is not that pretty or flawless. I hate this concealer, to be honest. It is creamy, so thick and it sets really fast. If you don't blend this fast fast, you get like streaky concealer thing on your face. Which is not pretty at all... But the fact that it is so beautiful on camera and it has full coverage so I'm okay with it. But I hate it. If I used up this concealer, I won't repurchase it because I think there are other concealers that are WAAAAYYYY better than this. Hahaha. I'm sorry but the formula is just blerghh for me. It is not that pricey, I believe this was RM25++ or less? I don't know. 


Swatch: on the top

4. MAC Pro Longwear Concealer



Okay so I've been searching for the right concealer and was watching youtube videos, like every beauty gurus rave about this concealer. And I know I really have to buy this concealer even though it costs a leg. Not really a leg, but you get what I mean lorrr. I'm a cheapskate, I never thought I could spend a lot for a small concealer but I did and thank God it is worth every penny. It is pretty thick and sets really fast, so I usually do one eye first and then another eye. It is not thick as the LA Girl concealer and not as creamy. It is easy to blend, I don't really know if it's creasing on me but I don't think I have a problem with that if I applied an eye gel or eye cream before I put on the concealer.  I can say that this has full coverage? I think? Lol. This is actually one of my fave concealers. I love it. Even though it's pricey. I bought it before GST, so it was RM80. I just checked on the website, now it says RM84. So, still okay lah. Hahahaha. I would really love to try the Urban Decay Naked Skin Weightless Complete Coverage Concealer because then again, everyone's raving about it... So yeah.


Swatch: On the top, the big one lorrr


5. Revlon Colorstay Concealer



Okay this is actually my favourite concealer of all time. Hihi. Even though this is a drugstore makeup, but it is still quite pricey for me. Tengoklah aku cheapskate. Hahhaa. But okay lah the price pon dalam RM45 macam tu. I bought two shades; Light Medium & Medium. Actually Medium shade tu aku tersalah beli. I forgot mine was in Light Medium. Thought it was too dark but when I applied it on my skin, it is almost blended in with my skintone. So I use the Medium shade for everyday concealing. Whenever I feel like not wearing too much or heavy makeup, I just put this all over the eye area and wherever I have scars or blemishes. Looks so natural. 

For the Light Medium shade, I use it to highlight my under eye area and some part on my face that needs to highlight... You know. I really love the consistency. It is not thick and not creamy at all. And as far as I know, it didn't crease on me. Of course it is not long wearing, as it is not creamy & thick and also has medium coverage. But I really love this. So natural on me. Love it. I already repurchased them like a few times, so yeah. LOVE IT. 


Swatch: on the bottom

I do have a few tips to share. Actually ikut your preferences lah. I prefer applying concealer before foundation. I don't know why but if I did that, my concealer won't crease or still creasing but not that obvious. If I do the other way around, my concealer would look patchy and not so flawless. Another tip, I'm sure you people always hear this but do set your concealer with fine or loose powder. Memang less creasing lah I tell ya. You don't really need concealers but like I said, ikut preferences orang macam mana. Kalau nak look flawless tapi taknak spend duit on foundation, buy a concealer yang shade dia really close to your skintone. That way, memang you can totally achieve the "no makeup" makeup look. Hehe. For everyday natural look, I always go back to the Revlon Colorstay Concealer as it has light to medium coverage.

Holy Grail Concealer: MAC Pro Longwear Concealer & Revlon Colorstay Concealer

But before you choose the right one, make sure you try them on or ask for sample. Kalau tak dapat sample, tuang lah concealer tu dalam any bekas nak bawak balik rumah. Hahahaha.

So that's it guys. I hope this will help you in any way I don't know whatever. Good luck finding your Holy Grail stuff!



-iffahs


More info:

No comments:

Post a Comment