Search This Blog

Featured Post

Q&A: Which of The Ordinary Serums That Are Suitable For My Skintype? / What Are Your Recommendations?

Assalamualaikum and hello my lovely Pah people So since I have been selling The Ordinary serums, a lot of people ask me which serum...

Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Review: Maybelline The Nudes

Assalamualaikum and hello my lovely ladies!


Last 2 weeks was pretty hectic and now I am going back on track with the usual Tuesdays, Thursday and Sundays. I will try my best though, it's kinda hard to catch up. LOL. Well, wish me luck!

Actually I did a short review on this palette on my instagram. But I want to post a full review because I wanna be helpful. Ya know. As I mentioned in my instagram post, I only bought this because this palette got so much hype, overhyped, whatever it is.

The Nudes (eh lupa nak ambik towel kena cover doh aurat doh)
This palette has 12 shades; 4 matte shades & 8 shimmery shades


Top row 1-6

Bottom row 7-12

REVIEW

Okay first of all, just getting this out there. There are 2 light shimmery shades that I hate the most. It is not pigmented at all. The color pay off is just so freaking bad. Like I have to use other palettes for lighter shades. (YEP) Read some reviews online, kalau nak apply the light shimmery shades tu kena wet your brushes. So I tried it. It's still meehhh, a bit patchy. Tapi aku rasa okay la kot. Just know your limits lah not the pack so much kang macam apa pulak. But still not what I imagined it to be. This palette retails for RM69.90 but I bought it at RM30 something... I think. It was on sale kat Watson's.... I just have to grab it ya know. Now tak dapat dah that price... Sorry guys.

I love most of the shades in this palette. I think it blends beautifully, even though the pigmentation is not that whammm bammm. There's one shade that I love the most which is no 4, it's like a bronzy gold shade. It's beautiful. Suitable for night look, smokey, that kind of stuff. Ya know. Also, another fave is no 5 which is like a brown taupe-y shade. I like to use it in my crease, to define it... and stuff. LOL. Other shimmer shades are gorgeous too, like no 7, 9 & 10. 

For the darker shades, I use Nyx Jumbo Eye Pencil in Iced Mocha to prime my lids and when I apply those shadows, it goes on so beautifully. As I mentioned before, the color payoff is not really great but if you use lighter shimmery shade like no 9 on the center of your lids, it looks like you've got something goin' on on your lids. Like a shimmery glittery party. It's not glittery... Eh tah lah. Macam tu lah. Oh and by the way, there's like instructions and stuff on Maybelline website on how you apply these shadows. Just click here.

I did mentioned in my instagram post that this palette is great for beginners. It's cheap and you can pretty much use the palette for anything on your face. Let me explain why it's great for beginners

1. There are few eyebrow shades in this palette which is no 5, 6, 8 & 12 (if you like dark eyebrows). Because of the pigmentation, when you fill in your eyebrows it will look more natural.

2. For soft eyeliner look, you can use shade no 6, 8 & 12. 

3. For contouring, you can use shade no 5 or no 8. I use no 5 sebab kalau 8 macam a bit too dark.

4. For browbone highlighting, you can use the light shimmery shades (shade 1, 3, 11) but as I said before, the pigmentation freaking sucks, except shade 3.


Fave shades: 4 (bronzy gold, shimmer), 5 (brownish taupe, matte), 7 (I don't really know how to explain this shade, it's like midtone brown, shimmer), 9 (gold, shimmer), 10 (dark brown, shimmer)

Final thoughts: This palette is not worth the hype but it is worth the money. If you think the Naked palettes are expensive, then you should go for this palette. I do recommend this palette for beginners and if you are not and you think this palette sucks, you should give someone else yang baru nak menggedik beli makeup. I actually use this palette everyday and I actually love it. I know, my other palettes are better than this one but I always go back to this palette. But this is only my opinion okay.

Rating: ★★★★☆ (4 stars sbb aku suka ha ha ha)


So that's it guys. I hope this post helps you guys in any way.

Thanks for reading :)


-iffahs


More info:

No comments:

Post a Comment