Search This Blog

Featured Post

Q&A: Which of The Ordinary Serums That Are Suitable For My Skintype? / What Are Your Recommendations?

Assalamualaikum and hello my lovely Pah people So since I have been selling The Ordinary serums, a lot of people ask me which serum...

Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Review: Makeup Revolution Vivid Blush Lacquer

Assalamualaikum and hello my pretty ladies <3


I've been thinking for quite a while whether if I should do the review for these blushes. I think I did featured it in my faves (it was on my instagram), so yeah I think I should do one.

As you all know, Makeup Revolution is a brand from the UK and baru je like 1 year ++ in the make up industry. And of course it is available in Malaysia but only through this website: http://www.makeuprevolution.my/ & http://www.colourscosmeticsmalaysia.com/ .

Of course the choices aren't that many as what they have in the UK website. Tempting jugak lah. Dammit.

L-R: Desire, Heat, Rush
Consistency: Thick, liquid blush - tacky

As the product name, "lacquer" means it's not liquidy at all. Boleh multipurpose siap. You can use it for blush, for your lips. So when I made my first purchase at the MUR website, I got like tons of free stuff. Not tons lah but everytime aku purchase apa-apa, mesti dapat benda free. Aku memang tak suka liquid/cream blush, I think it's hard to blend, dah lah aku bukan pro sangat bab-bab blending. So memang takde intention nak pakai cream/liquid blush.

Then they sent me one... Then aku cuba... Then I fell in love. Then aku pegi purchase lagi 2. HAHAHAH

L-R: Desire, Heat, Rush

At first, aku takut jugak terpakai banyak so I apply this blush after my foundation with very small amount. Semut kecik punya size. It looks very natural, macam natural flush eh orang cakap. Amboi. I love it. But then after few hours, it did not rubbed off but it looked pretty oily. Yela aku oily skin puler.

Then I actually stopped using them after it won't blend beautifully on my skin. I don't know what went wrong. I was using my fingers and my Sigma Small Duo-Fibre Brush, but it just won't work. So aku stop. Then recently, aku try pakai balik sebab sayang kan. Kahkah. I blend it with my foundation, and bammm! Lagi natural! This method works way better than what I did before. Sebab kalau blush lacquer tu je, jadi patchy sebab it's not creamy at all so you have to mix it with something at least. I use it with Real Techniques Buffing brush. Aku rasa densed brush is more... workable than using other brushes kot. I even tried to use it with RT Miracle Complexion Sponge pon macam mehhhh. Jadi a bit patchy.

Swatches

Desire: Warm rosey coral shade (suitable for fair to medium deep skintone)

I love Desire but damn kalau terpakai banyak memang obvious gila lah. Pastu pulak pegi pakai without foundation, lagi lah nampak macam clown hahahhah nasib lah ko Pah. (Well that was like a while ago). But now, I mix it with foundation lah kalau nak pakai. Works better, blends better and color is so gorg.

Heat: Deep pinky peach (suitable for fair to medium skintone)

Heat is also my fave. It gives like a very natural flush look. Ya know. That's like so me. I know. Me too. A little goes a long way with these blushes. Don't have to struggle to pump so much product. But this bottle, kinda cacat. I pump lama-lama pon takmau keluar. Not only human sembelit, blush pon boleh sembelit.

Rush: Baby pink (suitable for fair to medium skintone)

Rush is the perfect everyday color. This one is the one yang diorang bagi free. Oh my lord, the shade memang sesuai sangat dengan I. Very soft ahhhh just ahhhh.


Final thoughts: I think it's a great product, you just have to know how to work it otherwise it will be a waste of your money. But it's not that expensive. I think it was RM24 when I bought it. Great price for such products. Will I repurchase? Maybe not. Because I prefer powder blush. Easier to apply and blend. Hehehe.

Rating: ★★★★☆


-iffahs


More info:

No comments:

Post a Comment