Search This Blog

Featured Post

Q&A: Which of The Ordinary Serums That Are Suitable For My Skintype? / What Are Your Recommendations?

Assalamualaikum and hello my lovely Pah people So since I have been selling The Ordinary serums, a lot of people ask me which serum...

Friday, March 10, 2017

Review: The Ordinary Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1%

Assalamualaikum and hello my beautiful people!


So I have been using The Ordinary Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1% for the past 2 months or so and I think it is time for me to share what I think of this product. Plus, The Ordinary skincare is the in thing now, everyone wanna try them and I'm one of them... Man I don't know where I'm going in this intro.

Anyways, so yeah let's get started~


PRODUCT INFO

Niacinamide (Vitamin B3) is indicated to reduce the appearance of skin blemishes and congestion. A high 10% concentration of this vitamin is supported in the formula by zinc salt of pyrrolidone carboxylic acid to balance visible aspects of sebum activity. 

Contraindications: If topical Vitamin C is used as part of skincare, it should be applied at alternate times with this formula (ideally Vitamin C in the PM and this formula in the AM). Otherwise, Niacinamide can affect integrity of pure-form Vitamin C (L-Ascorbic Acid). 

Note: While Niacinamide and Zinc PCA reduce the look of blemishes and balance visible sebum activity, neither is a treatment for acne. For persistent acne-related conditions, we recommend the use of Benzoyl Peroxide and/or Retinoic Acid. We do not recommend the use of Salicylic Acid. This formulation can be used alongside acne treatments if desired for added visible skin benefits.

Directions
Apply to entire face morning and evening before heavier creams.

Price: GBP 5
My price: RM44 (hakhak)


INGREDIENTS

Aqua (Water), Niacinamide, Pentylene Glycol, Zinc PCA, Tamarindus Indica Seed Gum, Xanthan Gum, Isoceteth-20, Ethoxydiglycol, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin. 

REVIEW

So this is my second Niacinamide product after the Paula's Choice Resist Niacinamide 10% Booster and as we go along I'm gonna compare both products so you guys know which one you guy prefer and all okay?

Now first thing that I need to be very clear here is The Ordinary Niacinamide 10% is a serum and the PC one is a booster. Bunyik macam sama kan? But I'll explain more kejap lagi okay? So The Ordinary Niacinamide 10% is a water-based gel serum and it's cloudy or a bit opaque, like it's not a clear kinda serum ya know? Like I said, the PC one is a "booster", yes you can use it alone but I usually just mix it with my Bio Essence Gold Water and those 2 combos are fricking awesome on my skin. They keep my skin firm, my pores aren't my biggest problem anymore and my skin oiliness isn't so bad now.


So what are the differences between serum and booster? Both of them has concentrated ingredients but from what I understand, booster has very minimal ingredients and they are lightweight treatments compared to serums, you can apply them around your eye area as well! You know serums can feel very heavy on the skin and all and serums has different textures for different skintypes but boosters only come in watery liquid (if I'm not mistaken) LOL. I don't know how to explain but you guys can read more here: How Paula’s Choice Skincare Boosters, Serums, & Essence Work

Okay, this The Ordinary Niacinamide serum is formulated with Zinc 1% to reduce sebum production. Does it really reduce my oiliness? Oh heck yeah. The first time I used it, I could feel my face was pretty tight especially when I mixed it together with my Bio Essence Gold Water. If I use it alone, it's not super drying. Weird kan?

To be completely honest, I don't really see major changes since my skin texture is not that bad. I have been taking care of my skin pretty well since last year and it has improved so much. Like I have mentioned in my skincare routine post, I don't have large pores anymore, my skin texture is firmer than before. I still get texture if I'm not taking care of my skin really well. I don't know if the serum actually helps to maintain my pores size? LOL. Like I said, my skin issues weren't that bad.

Now I'm gonna answer some of you guys punya question. Which Niacinamide is better? The Ordinary or Paula's Choice? I did mentioned a few times that they both have different formulas, different ingredients. Both of them works fine, so it is actually depending on your budget. The Ordinary one is so stinking cheap but I personally do not think that it gives fast results. Plus it was only £5 for 30ml (I sell em at only RM44 excluding postage *wink*) and the Paula's Choice one is so stinking asspensive, On Worthee Cosmetics site it is retailed for RM195 for 20ml but I am able to use it up to more than 2 months so maybe it's worth it? Well, I don't mind having them both, I don't have any issues with them so yeah.

Pros:
Stinking cheap
Reduce sebum production

Cons:
Slow results, won't see immediate changes on the skin
(serum takes about 6-8 weeks to see the results)

Final thoughts: I am totally gonna recommend this product if you couldn't afford to spend for high end skincare. I personally think it's a great dupe for other niacinamide serums from high end brand. But then of course it also depending on your skintype, skin texture etc. You gotta be strict in your skincare routine, kalau pakai hangat-hangat tahi ayam memang lagi slow the results. If you wanted fast results, use twice a day or get the Paula's Choice one. Then again, that is up to yall.

*Update (2 June 2017): After I have been mixing it with The Ordinary Ascorbyl Glucoside Solution 12%, safe to say that I will continue using The Ordinary Niacinamide. Read my review on the AGS 12% to find out why I love them both together :)

Rating: ★★★★☆


So yeah. I guess that is all for tonight.

I hope you guys find this helpful in any way.

Thank you for reading.

Stay gorgeous <3


.iffahs.


MOOOOOAAAAARRRRR
The Ordinary

5 comments:

  1. Hello there,

    I enjoy reading your posts. Just wanna ask you, did you find any brightening effect from this product? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Syafinaz

      Thank you :) Uh... brightening, didnt notice any but the alpha arbutin one is for brightening :)

      Delete
  2. Hi.

    Your blog is so informative. Please keep sharing about those chemical things. It's fun to read. And I know more about skincare ingredients :)

    ReplyDelete