Search This Blog

Featured Post

Q&A: Which of The Ordinary Serums That Are Suitable For My Skintype? / What Are Your Recommendations?

Assalamualaikum and hello my lovely Pah people So since I have been selling The Ordinary serums, a lot of people ask me which serum...

Thursday, November 10, 2016

Review: Paula's Choice RESIST 10% Niacinamide Booster

Assalamualaikum and hello my beautiful people.


Fuhhhh. It's November already and I'm supposed to post my October favourites but I don't have lots of things to share so I'm gonna post a two months favourite okay??? Haha. So lazy.

Anyways, today I wanted to share my thoughts on this Paula's Choice RESIST 10% Niacinamide Booster. I've been using this for 1 month, almost 2 months I think? So yeah. I think it is time for me to write a full review on it.

Again, apologies for the lack of updates. So many things were going on over these past few weeks and I'm just exhausted. Pfffft. Okay. Let's begin.

PRODUCT INFO

This concentrated 10% niacinamide serum booster dramatically improves uneven skin tone and refines the appearance of pore size, skin texture, and fine lines.

- Anti-Aging, Enlarged Pores
- For All Skin Types
- Promotes a brighter, younger-looking appearance
- Niacinamide (vitamin B3) visibly minimizes pore size
- Sheer ultra-light liquid formula
- Use alone or add a few drops to your moisturizer after cleansing, toning, and exfoliating

Why is it different?
RESIST 10% Niacinamide Booster is the first concentrated 10% niacinamide formula blended with natural calming and superior hydrating ingredients to address the frustrating combination of enlarged pores plus visible signs of aging, such as uneven skin tone, lack of radiance, rough surface skin texture, redness, and dryness. The results after only a few days will impress you.

All Paula’s Choice products are 100% fragrance free, clinically proven to be non-irritating, and never tested on animals.

What does it do?
Niacinamide is a form of vitamin B3, which research has proven can reduce the appearance of enlarged pores, uneven skin tone, wrinkles, and dry skin. The light-as-water texture of RESIST 10% Niacinamide Booster is designed to dramatically enhance your skincare while also providing soothing agents to promote visibly calm skin. Antioxidants and skin-replenishing ingredients make this product a multi-tasking must-have solution for all skin types, whether used alone or mixed into your favorite serum or moisturizer.

Who is it for?
RESIST 10% Niacinamide Booster is ideal for anyone looking to minimize the appearance of enlarged pores, uneven skin tone, or wrinkles, and to improve the surface texture of skin. Ideal for all skin types.

Directions
Apply once or twice daily after cleansing, toning and exfoliating. Dispense 2-3 drops and add to your favorite moisturizer or serum. May also be used alone. For daytime, follow with a broad-spectrum sunscreen rated SPF 25 or greater. May be applied around the under-eye area. Avoid eyelids and lips.

USD42 / RM195 (20ml) on Worthee Cosmetics

INGREDIENTS

Water (Aqua), Niacinamide (vitamin B3, skin-restoring ), Acetyl Glucosamine (skin replenishing/antioxidant), Ascorbyl Glucoside (vitamin C/antioxidant), Butylene Glycol (hydration), Phospholipids (skin replenishing), Sodium Hyaluronate (hydration/skin replenishing), Allantoin (skin-soothing), Boerhavia Diffusa Root Extract (skin-soothing), Glycerin (hydration/skin replenishing), Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate (skin-soothing), Glycyrrhiza Glabra Root Extract (licorice extract/skin-soothing), Ubiquinone (antioxidant), Epigallocatechin Gallate (antioxidant), Beta-Glucan (skin-soothing/antioxidant), Panthenol (skin replenishing), Carnosine (antioxidant), Genistein (antioxidant), Citric Acid (pH balancing), Sodium Citrate (pH balancing), Sodium Hydroxide (pH balancing), Xanthan Gum (texture-enhancing), Disodium EDTA (stabilizer), Ethylhexylglycerin (preservative), Phenoxyethanol (preservative).

REVIEW

So this baby was in my August-September faves. Lol. Punya lama baru nak post a review. Hahaha. So I have been using this for quite a while now, I think I purchased it in September? Now it's November so almost 3 months la kot? I use this pretty much everyday and there were times that I used it twice a day and recently I'm just lazy I use in the morning only but now I'm starting to use it twice daily again. Haha.

I talked about it on my Instagram post here: https://www.instagram.com/p/BKagwE0BPVl/

Okay before I bought this, I didn't know what Niacinamide does or their benefits? Like I knew nothing about it. Then I read some reviews online and surprisingly most of them are good reviews. So I did some research on what the heck is this Niacinamide lah apa lah rasa macam fail gila sebelum ni tak pernah tau kan.

So what the heck is niacinamide?

It is also known as vitamin B3 and nicotinic acid, niacinamide is a very effective skin-restoring ingredient that offers multiple benefits for aging skin. Niacinamide can improve skin’s look and feel, brighten its tone and revive skin's healthy texture. Niacinamide is stable in the presence of heat and light.

Categories:
Antioxidants , Vitamins , Skin-Soothing , Skin-Restoring

Source: HERE

"Topical application of Niacinamide has been shown to increase ceramide and free fatty acid levels in skin, prevent skin from losing water content, and stimulate microcirculation in the dermis" according to the British Journal of Dermatology in 2000.

Source: HERE

Haaaa. Sounds good kan?

I had no clue how it actually works because I wasn't sure it is a serum or just a booster but booster and serum are basically the same thing right? They're both potent and they're both are targeted treatments so yeah. So I was hoping that this Niacinamide thingy would help my skin texture and oiliness because oily skin is just blergh. It sucks. You can't use MOST of the foundations that are out there. Even if it's a matte foundation ke apa ke, still won't work for some people. Plus the weather here pon not helping at all.

So I was using this booster only at night time, I'd say about a month at least. Then I do more research online and some people said that it works better if you're using it twice a day. Me being a cheapskate bitch, I'm like holy crap that is ridiculous! Nanti cepat habis lahhhhh dah la mahal nak mampos (for me lah, like I said, I'm a cheapo)

So I was like using 1 drop in the AM and 2 drops in the PM. I'm like, bitch you can't afford to use this like 4-5 drops per day okay so go cheap Pah. Hhasodiajskldas. But thankfully, it works quite well! The most significant thing that I noticed the most is my pores are smaller than before. And since it's smaller, my face don't get super oily like before. It is still oily but it wasn't as bad as before.

I also noticed if I only use it once a day, I won't get the results that I wanted. It also helps with my skin texture like I hoped and I don't know man, I feel like my skin got soooo much better after I use this stuff. I don't get too much breakouts, except if it's like that time of the month or if I ate too much junk food... Pffftttt...

The way I use this is with my Bio-Essence Gold Water, I love that son of a bitch. Go check out my review if you haven't read it... Okay? Okay. So I basically pumped the gold water onto my palm and I take the booster and drop a few some of that good stuff and mixed them together and they became like a watery serum and it just feels soooo good on the skin. It is very liquidy and it's not like a moisturizing liquid, it's just like water but dirty water? LOL it's not a clear liquid lah. Apa susah sangat nak describe entah.

Comes with a dropper

I'm not giving this product too much hype, but seriously if you are struggling with acne you should try it. I know it's not affordable, I do have acne-prone skintype but my skin has been calm since I put this on (and also strict no dairies / junkfood diet LOL). But of course you have to do more research, maybe consult your doctors first.

Pros:
Helps with skin texture
Calms my skin down - almost no bad breakouts while using it
Great under makeup

Cons:
Pricey

Final thoughts: I seriously have nothing bad to say about this product because it works wonder on me. You guys should do more research and I do recommend this for oily acne prone skin peeps. But if you have questions, ask the Worthee guys over there, they're super helpful okay? Email them here - friends@wortheecosmetics.com . Can't say enough about it, it's a magic liquid for me.

Rating: ★★★★☆


So yeah. I hope you guys find this helpful in any way.

Thank you for reading.

Stay gorgeous <3


.iffahs.


MOOOOAAARRRRRR
Paula's Choice
Worthee Cosmetics
Makeup Alley


No comments:

Post a Comment