Search This Blog

Featured Post

Q&A: Which of The Ordinary Serums That Are Suitable For My Skintype? / What Are Your Recommendations?

Assalamualaikum and hello my lovely Pah people So since I have been selling The Ordinary serums, a lot of people ask me which serum...

Sunday, November 15, 2015

My Makeup Stash: Bronzers, Contour Kits & Highlighters

Assalamualaikum and hello my dear readers.


Finally got the chance to type this super long post. Well it's not super long but since I have so many products to share with you guys, it will look long... Coz lots of pics... And stuff.

Okay I decided to combine all bronzers, highlighters & contour kits because I don't have much bronzers and contour kits, so I just compile them all into one. Couldn't hurt right? Hahaha. We'll see. But I do have lots of highlighters... But I'm passing down to my sister anyways... But let's lah story story.


Manada banyak...

Bronzers


I decided to talk about bronzers first because I have like only 4 of them. I don't use that much because I am wearing a hijab so it's kinda pointless. LOL. But you can also use em as blush... I rarely do that... Coz I will look like an oompa loompa. Hahaha. Okay, let's start.

Bronzers are for your face, obviously. Well I don't really know how to explain it so I googled it.

"Bronzer is used to imitate a natural suntan. It is considered a natural look and is often used for everyday wear. It highlights the cheekbones and contours the face. Bronzer is an easy way to enhance color and provide shimmer to one's skin tone."

Okay so you get what it means? Right? Short one: Lookin' like freakin' J.Lo. YAAAASSSS.



Swatchy swatchy

R-L: Makeup Revolution Bronzer, Catrice Sun Glow Mat Bronzing Powder, Golden Rose Bronzing Terra Powder & Sleek Translucent Pressed Powder


Description: Warm-toned bronze
Suitable on: Light to medium skintone
Price: RM18 (before GST)

This is actually one of the first bronzer that I bought. Before this I only have the bronzer in the Nyx Butt Naked palette. Other than that, I just don't buy any bronzers... Hahaha. So this bronzer is actually quite dark for my skintone but since it's not that pigmented when you apply it with brush, so I kinda can get away without looking so orange. I really love this bronzer... Just look how much I use it. LOL. I hit the pan. I planned to repurchase it but I still have lots of bronzers... Hahaha........ Oh you can get them at makeuprevolution.my . It was stinking cheap and quality is good. I don't know how much is it now because I think they're charging GST now. But make sure you guys check the website for more info ya :)



Description: Warm-toned deep bronze
Suitable on: Light medium to deep skintone
Price: RM21.90 (got it on sale, can't remember how much)

So I was on the Catrice bandwagon like few months ago and I bought this bronzer. Can't remember how much it was, of course it was on sale lah kan. Kuikui. Dia ada 2 shades, satu lagi for Medium skin tapi macam pressed powder but a bit darker. I think it's a cool-toned bronzer. I was afraid it won't show up on muh face so I bought the deep bronze shade. It is quite warm and orange-y on me but hey... It's bronzer... LOL. It is quite blendable, and I kinda cracked it and I put some alcohol to mash the pieces back together so that's why you guys see in the pan is a bit ugly mess but hey who cares... Hahaha. Still in good condition ok.



Description: Looks warm but more on the cool side... Kot.
Suitable on: Light to medium skintone
Price: RM40

So I've had this one like a couple of months now and I use this only days that I wanna look bronzed but not too bronzed. Like, natural bronzed skin... Ya know. I actually love this bronzer. Hee hee. It's not too warm so it's suitable for beginners (in my opinion). It is a bit pricey but it has the biggest pan you've ever seen. It has like 17g of products so you won't be disappointed. To be honest, you kinda have to tug your brush into the pan because it's not powdery at all and it's not pigmented. So if you're the kind of person who hates to look so orange, I recommend this one. Of course they have lighter shades, 101 & 102, so you guys can go check em out lah. Hihi.



Description: Warm tone
Suitable on: Light to medium skintone
Price: RM81 (got it on sale for RM32.50)

Okay this was supposed to be a pressed powder but when it arrived in the mail I was so fucking shocked to find that it's not actually "Light". Yes the packaging says it's "Light" but I don't know why the shade is so not fucking "Light". So now I'm just using it for bronzing because it is literally like a bronzer. Sleek, thanks for tricking me!


Contour Kits



Totally unnecessary if you have one face hahahah! I included the Nyx Butt Naked Eyes palette because it has like bronze shade and highlight shade so yeah. I consider it as a "contour kit". Even though it's obviously not. LOL.

"Contouring is giving shape to an area of the face and enhancing the facial structure through makeup. It's not supposed to be noticeable—just a subtle definition." - Beau Nelson



Swatchy swatchy



Contour shade description: Cool toned rich dark brown
Hightlight shade description; Stark white
Suitable on: Light medium to medium deep skintone
Price: $19 (Bought it for RM60 something if I'm not mistaken)

I should write a full review on this palette but I'm lazy. I will. But not in the mean time. LOL. Okay. Contour shade is super dark but blendable. What I like about this palette is that everything in this palette is VERY pigmented. Plus they're like big ass pans. Why the fuck not?



Contour shade description: Warm toned, more like a bronzer shade
Hightlight shade description; Golden and peach tone highlights, glittery
Suitable on: Light to medium skintone
Price: RM99 on Colours Cosmetics Malaysia (discontinued)

I have posted the full review, so yeah just check em out. It's not actually contour shade, it's a bronzer shade. I love it to warm my face up. The highlight shades are gorgeous but they're too glittery for me.



Contour shade description: Dark Contour (deep warm contour), Medium Contour (medium deep warm contour)
Hightlight shade description; Highlighter (peachy tone, very subtle shimmer), Illuminator (white, shimmery)
Suitable on: Light to medium skintone
Price: RM89 on Luxola

I am writing the full review... Soon lah. Just wait lor. Okay so they have 2 contour shades and 2 highlighting shades basically. I use medium contour on me and even that pon is quite dark on me. This palette is quite great for beginners, but I wish the contour shade is more cool toned or grey tone ya know. This palette is very pigmented and a bit powdery. But it is okay. I love the highlight shade because it is peach tone and almost like your own skintone so it looks very natural on you but the illuminator, not so much because it is quite white. It's basically white powder with shimmer in it. But it's pretty. But it's too white.


Contour shade description: Warm tone
Hightlight shade description: Light peach tone highlight, shimmery
Suitable on: Light to medium skintone
Price: RM59.50

I have story story on this palette here, so you can check that out. Like I said in my review, it's good as a bronzer, not a contour shade because it is a warm tone brown. So yeah. Great quality, affordable. All awesome! Highlight shade is def my fave. So effin gorgeous. On freaking point.


Highlighters


Now the best part of the post, HIGHLIGHTERS. HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA. For me highlighters are a must. Ok. A FREAKING MUST BECAUSE YOUR MAKEUP WILL ALWAYS LOOK ON FREAKING POINT WHEN YOU PUT A HIGHLIGHTER ON, GIRL. Marvelous!

"Highlighter is face makeup that attracts light, creating the illusion of brightness and height, hence that lit-from-within look." 



Swatches R-L: 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9



Description: Pinkish tone highlight, not shimmery
Suitable on: Light to medium skintone
Price: RM9.90 at Watson's

Yes it's an eyeliner but uhm I use it for highlight the browbone. So I considered it as a highlighter? LOL. It's creamy. Uhm I haven't actually use it that much... So yeah. Whatever. LOL.



Description: Pearly, champagne colored highlighter
Suitable on: Light to medium skintone
Price: RM130 (mine is the sample size, got it from a beauty box)

Okay. First of all, this is a very subtle highlighter. It's not that shimmery because it's pearly, obvi. LOL. It is a liquid highlighter. So I tried it on my cheekbones and stuff but this stuff gets kinda patchy. I hate it. Then I tried it as my makeup base, it was okay. But since it's not that illuminating, it didn't really appear as natural glow on me. Not sure you guys understand but yeah. Something like that. LOL. I won't buy the full size product because I don't like liquid or cream highlighters. I have oily skin, so no thank you.



Description: Gold, shimmery
Suitable on: ALL. I could be wrong but someone with deep dark skin posted a video on how Mary Lou looks on here, check it out here.
Price: RM89.90 at Sasa (got it on sale, only 10% but hey)

I kinda missed this baby when it was RM69. Yes. Sale gila babi masa tu. But you know what, I'm glad I bought it anyway even though dapat 10% off aja. Because this highlighter is freaking amazing. Now I can't highlight without it. This is totally my staple. It is VERY pigmented and super gorgeous. Like a freaking highlight queen. ON FREAKING POINT. YASSSSSS I LOVE IT SO MUCH



Description: Pink tone highlight, shimmery (a bit metallic I think)
Suitable on: Light to medium skintone, I think
Price: RM24 (before GST)

I love the MUR Vivid Baked Highlighter I think I raved about them so many effin times before. I love how pigmented they are and of course they are soooo effin affordable. I might buy the Golden Lights but uhmmm... I have so many highlighters now... HAHAHAHHAHA BUT I WANT IT. Whatever. Gorgeous shade. Love it.



Description: Peach tone highlight, shimmery (a bit metallic I think)
Suitable on: Light to medium skintone
Price: RM24 (before GST)

I actually like this shade better because it looks more natural on me. I really love it. Sometimes I use it on my lids too. So gorgeous.



Description: Silvery cream highlight
Suitable on: Light to medium skintone
Price: RM12.90 at Watson's

Yes this is an eyeshadow. LOL. And yes, I bought it for highlighting purpose. HAHA. But you know what, I actually love it as my highlight. It's a beautiful silvery cream shade... Just superb. I love it. But of course I love Mary Lou more but this one came in 3rd place. 2nd place is the Makeup Revolution Vivid Baked Highlights. Hohoh. Oh and if you're on a budget and wanted a cheap highlighter, you guys should try this. RM12.90 only maaa. Kalau on sale lagi murah maaa. Hahaha. Multi purpose some more, eyeshadow also can highlight also can. However you want. I recommend it.



Description: Pink tone, shimmery highlight
Suitable on: Light to medium skintone
Price: RM31.65 (got it on sale for RM20 something)

This is beautiful pink tone highlight but it is too pink. But it's gorgeous. Again, yes I only bought this for highlighting purpose. Hahaha. But I don't prefer this one. The Essence one is totally much better.


8. Sivanna Colors Baked Blush

Description: Peach blush with gold shimmer
Suitable on: All skintones
Price: not sure because I got in a beauty box

I am not sure where you can get this brand because this is Thailand's brand if I'm not mistaken. It's not really a highlight but you can definitely use it as highlight because it is sooo effin gold... I don't like at all as a blush but as blush topper, it's okay lah. Not that great.



Description: If you blend all, it's like a white, shimmery highlighter
Suitable on: Light to medium
Price: RM40 on CCM

I hate it coz it is stark white. Well not white la but it looks like a white powder. Ok. I am totally giving this away to my sister. LOL.

I actually forgot to include my faves items of all of these... Stuff. LOL (25/11)

My fave bronzers: Golden Rose & Makeup Revolution. Both of these are not as pigmented so it looks kinda subtle on the skin which is quite nice for light skin peeps.

My fave contour kits: I don't have favourites but if I have to pick one, maybe I will pick the Sleek Face Form because it is not as powdery as the Luscious Cosmetics one. That's only my opinion.

My fave highlighters: Of course, The Balm Mary Lou Manizer, Makeup Revolution Vivid Baked Highlighter in Peach Lights and the Essence 3D Eyeshadow in Irresistible Caramel Cream. How could you not love Mary Lou? Very pigmented and freaking gorgeous. MUR: to die for. If you are looking for affordable highlighter, you should try this brand. Essence: pigmented and just beautifullll~~~


I think that should be all. I don't think I have anything else to say, so yeah. Thank you for reading this piece of junk. I hope this helps you in any way.


-iffahs


More mymakeupstash series, HERE


No comments:

Post a Comment