Search This Blog

Featured Post

Q&A: Which of The Ordinary Serums That Are Suitable For My Skintype? / What Are Your Recommendations?

Assalamualaikum and hello my lovely Pah people So since I have been selling The Ordinary serums, a lot of people ask me which serum...

Sunday, August 30, 2015

First Impression/Review: Nivea Post Shave Balm as Makeup Primer

Assalamualaikum and hello my pretty ladies!


Mesti korang pelik apa kebenda la minah ni pakai post shave balm bagai... Well, I only ikut trend okay? Sekarang ni tengah trend post shave balm as makeup primer... So I would love to give it a try.

So I watched Nikkie Tutorials video a few months back and aku pon rasa macam nak try jugak tapi betui ka jadi nih... So I did some research about it, read some reviews and most of the people yang dah try tu semua macam suka and I'm like, bitch, I HAVE TO TRY THIZZZ. So let's get into it!

Tadaaaa
PRODUCT INFO

A mild, non-greasy formula with special moisturizers, Vitamin E and Provitamin B5 that delivers long-lasting moisture while repairing and regenerating the skin.

- Immediately calms skin discomfort due to shaving 
- Provides intense long lasting moisture 
- Helps protect against skin irritation
- Dermatologically tested

INGREDIENTS

Water, Alcohol Denat., Glycerin, Distarch Phosphate, Ethylhexyl Cocoate, Fragrance, Dimethicone, Panthenol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice (Aloe Vera Gel), Triceteareth-4 Phosphate, Carbomer, Sodium Hydroxide

Reference (source from Skindeep)
Low Hazard
Moderate Hazard
High Hazard

It's not what you think it is... (geddit)

REVIEW

The one yang Nikkie Tutorials mentioned tu is for sensitive skin. But since we do not have that here, aku beli je yang originals ni. But some said this works better for oily skin peeps.

The other day (Friday) was a perfect day to try this primer sebab I went out for few hours since morning. Applied my makeup at 9am until 4pm (gotta stop at 4 because Zohor...). It was only around 7 hours, would like to try for more than 8 hours but that one aku kena try masa period la kot. LOL.

First impression, this product has quite a strong smell (for me), masculine scent. Bothered me for few minutes but after I put it on muh face, dia takde kuat sangat bau dia. Unless if you're not wearing any makeup then maybe the smell will linger. So I did put this on the back of my hand. Oh my god. My skin feels so effing soft and smooth and just ahhhh. Like a baby's bum. Consistency is like a liquidy gel? Is that even a word, IDK. LOL. I put this on after I prep my skin with toner, eye cream & moisturizer. SO DEWY. It is gonna sticky a bit but you just let it dry for few minutes and then put on foundation lor.

When I put on my foundation, it was so smooth like I don't have any bumps and what not on my face. Of course my pores were visible because it's not a pore filler product but when you look this flawless, you're not even gonna care about your pores. Plus, I was using my not so favorite foundation because when I use beautyblender with it, it was just so patchy but lately I've been using it with a flat top brush and I am lovin' it.

First the few minutes after I put on my makeup, I cannot stop staring at muh face. It is so goddang flawless. Nak nak pulak under natural light. Kemain lah aku selfie depan tingkap (hopefully nobody saw me taking selfie depan tingkap -_-). Gambaq selfie satu sini.

First 1 hour, I started to sweat because it was quite humid outside. Dah lah pulak dukung baby bayangkan lah. Dia seretnya muka kat muka aku lah apa lah hishhh habis makeup iols! Then after 4 hours, amazingly makeup aku tak cair langsung. Biasa time macam tu and pakai pulak Bourjois foundation, 4 hour mark dia memang dah start cair. Ni dia tak cair but I did have to blot a bit but it wasn't that bad. Kalau aku oily selalunya makeup memang komfem cair ah but this time, no no no.

Then after 7 hours total, my makeup still looked great! Ada lah foundation yang hilang sikit-sikit but biasalah dah 7 hours kan. But still nampak macam manusia lagi lah. I do have to blot, but it wasn't that bad with the regular primer yang aku selalu pakai. Oh and dekat tepi hidung yang selalu letak specs tu pon takde rupa haram jadah weh. Selalunya kalau pakai specs even after 2 hours kalau bukak specs je dah macam bangang je rupa. Safe to say that this product is rabun people friendly. Gambaq selfie lepas 7 jam sini.

Then the next day (Saturday), I tried it with my L'Oreal True Match Foundation. I fricking hate that foundation because it's not long wearing and not oily skin girls friendly. So I gave it a try and I got total 6 hours wear. Stopped at 6 hour mark sebab I applied it lambat so... Yeah. Surprisingly, the foundation held up pretty good. Kalau pakai foundation tu after 3 hours je pon makeup dah start cair. So I can finally habiskan this foundation and maybe repurchase the right shade this time. LOL. Selfie awal-awal jam di sini LOL.

Selfie selepas 6 jam, the foundation cair a bit but still lookin good
(sorry for the bad quality I was using the front camera... why pah why)

Final thoughts: This post shave balm is fricking magic. It works so much better than my other primers. I don't know what's in it but it's totally magic. I LOVE IT. It is also silicone-free and it does not break me out! How amazing is that? Would totally using this for the rest of my life maybe, I won't buy any other primers again sebab 1 botol ni pon 100ml and RM20 something for 100ml???? THAT'S A LOT OF PRODUCT!!!! And a little goes a long way sebab dia agak liquidy so you don't need much lah kot. Tapi aku ada jugak terbubuh banyak tapi sama je takde beza ponnnn! The downside nya cuma the big bottle je and the masculine scent. Kalau rajin, belilah travel size empty bottle so boleh la travel with it kan. Boleh jugak share dengan sisters ke your friends ke coz this stuff is amazing... Kena lah uols share ok?!


Rating: ★★★★★ - 5 coz it's good


So that's it guys. I hope you guys find this helpful. Thanks for reading. Toodles!



-iffahs




8 comments:

  1. which one is better? pore professional or this after shave balm?

    curiosity hit me to the max to know ur answer.. lol

    thanks.

    cheers!
    suhaila

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. susah nk cakap bcos they're both 2 diff kind of primers. yg shave balm ni more like a moisturizing primer and benefit porefessional only to cover pores... tp staying power gotta be the shave balm la for me... i pon kdg2 mix 2 primers sbb muka i oily sgt. i pakai shave balm ni and 1 pore filling primer mcm bourjois smoothing primer. huhuh

      kalau nk makeup stay longer i mmg akan pakai nivea ni + benefit porefessional huhuhu

      Delete
  2. Is it good for dry skin? I mean as a primer?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know why you girls are using an after shave balm but anyway I saw the Nivea Sensitive After Shave Balm at Pasaraya Haniffa in Jalan Masjid India @ RM22.90.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. we're using it as a makeup base - foundation last longer hehehe in case we have like an event the whole day ke whole night ke :)

      oh really? thank you for your info muahahaha habis la stok kt jln masjid india nnt >_<

      Delete
  4. How about acne prone skin? Will it cause breakout? and how long have you been wearing it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i have acne prone skin but mine wasnt that bad. didnt break out on me at least. have been using it for 8 months now, fall in love with it more and more everyday :)

      Delete