Search This Blog

Featured Post

Q&A: Which of The Ordinary Serums That Are Suitable For My Skintype? / What Are Your Recommendations?

Assalamualaikum and hello my lovely Pah people So since I have been selling The Ordinary serums, a lot of people ask me which serum...

Tuesday, November 22, 2016

First Impression/Review: BH Cosmetics Shaaanxo - 18 Color Eyeshadow & Lipstick Palette

Assalamualaikum and hello my beautiful people!


Arghhhh so excited this with you guys. I recently bought an eyeshadow palette from BH Cosmetics and it is so special I have to make a full first impression / review on it. Hah. It is also my 200th post, oh my god. I cannot believe it. I'm like so rajinnn for the past 1 year and a half. Huhuh.

Again, would like to apologize for the lack of updates. There's so many things happening in my life right now (personal, work) and I felt so overwhelmed. I'm still gonna be missing, LOL, but I will try my best to update this blog but if you miss me you can always hang out on my Instagram. LOL. Ayat tak boleh belah. Dah dah let's start!

PRODUCT INFO

YouTube beauty vlogger and makeup artist Shannon Harris, known to her fans as Shaaanxo, shares her makeup secrets with an inspirational message. Her girl-next-door relatability and engaging personality make her the most subscribed-to channel in New Zealand and one of the top beauty influencers globally. Shaaanxo has hand-picked a mix of dynamic and down-to-earth shades that add up to a multitude of wearable looks that flatter a variety of skin tones. Choose from 9 eyeshadows and 9 lipsticks to create of mix of looks for day and night.

- Dual sided palette
- 9 hydrating lipstick colors
- 9 highly pigmented eyeshadows
- Allergy tested
- Clinically tested
- Non-irritating
- Paraben free

Due to the emollient lipstick formula, you may see small droplets of natural oils appear on the surface of the product, especially if exposed to elevated temperatures or direct, strong sunlight. These droplets in no way compromise the integrity of this lipstick or its performance. Should they occur, swirl a brush or a clean fingertip over the product's surface to mix them back in; then apply as desired.

INGREDIENTS

Mica,Talc, Dimethicone, Silica, Isopropyl Palmitate, Diisostearyl Malate, Squalane, Magnesium Stearate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Phenoxyethanol, Ethylhexylglycerin. May Contain/Peut Contenir [+/-: Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Chromium Oxide Green (CI 77288), Chromium Hydroxide Green (CI 77289), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Manganese Violet (CI 77742), Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140:1), Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090:2), Ultramarines (CI 77007)]. Lipstick/ rouge à lèvres / Made in PRC – Total Net Wt. / Poids Net 0.54 oz / 15.3 g ℮Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Tridecyl Trimellitate, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Octyldodecanol, Ceresin, Polybutene, Polyethylene, Diisostearyl Malate, Synthetic Beeswax, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter, Tocopheryl Acetate, Ethylhexylglycerin, Phenoxyethanol, Fragrance (Parfum), Benzyl Salicylate, Benzyl Benzoate, Benzyl Alcohol, Hexyl Cinnamal, Hydroxycitronellal. May Contain/Peut Contenir [+/-: Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492), Red 6 (CI 15850), Red 28 Lake (CI 45410)] <51124.1>

REVIEW

Ya know I'm a big fan of Shannon aka Shaaanxo on Youtube and I honestly think that she is such a gorgeous and beautiful person inside and out. Ahhh I love her so much! So yeah that's the obvious reason why I got this palette in the first place and and and this palette is actually a dupe for Makeup Geek Manny MUA palette. I don't know why nobody ever realizes that or they just don't care. Haha. They compared the Kyshadow by Kylie to Manny MUA palette but hello, Shaaanxo palette has more similarities than the Kyshadow by Kylie. I MEAN COME ON MAN.

Shaaanxo palette

(I accidentally nicked my palette. Dammit) 

?????????????? IT'S PRETTY OBVIOUS

Pic from this blog

It's not like straight up dupe but COME ON?!?!?! It has Insomnia dupe as well!

Shaaanxo palette


Pic from this blog

The packaging is soooo cute, it's like soooo Shannon! I really love it. It is a cardboard packaging but you can feel it that it's quite sturdy. It has 2 mirrors for both eyeshadows and lip palette side so yeah that's pretty convenient. The mirror is quite small, I mean it's not small but it's a medium size. I mean it's quite small for me at least. LOL. That's so complicated to explain huh Pah?

Okay fuhh. Now I'm gonna talk about the eyeshadows first. Okay I ordered this palette few months ago, I think after 2 months baru dapat. Biasalah preorder kan took a long ass time. I really wanted it so I patiently waiting for this parcel to arrive and it actually arrived after I received my Morphe 35F palette, like days after okay? So I swatched the amazing Morphe palette and then I swatched this palette, I'm like, okay... What is this crap...

Even the arm swatches pon not really pretty kan? I tried so hard to make it work and there's like one shade terus clumped and stiff and it was quite hard to swatch it even on my finger. I was a bit disappointed but I knew that BH Cosmetics is a drugstore brand so I kinda have to sink it into my brain, don't expect too much from it okay Pah.

So then few days later, I used the palette on my eyes and I'm like huh. It wasn't that bad! It has decent pigmentation, like it's not too pigmented but it's easy to work with. Ya get what I mean? I didn't understand it either but it was like, BOOM! Pigmentation! BOOM! Pah did not expect that.

Okay now story story sikit.


https://www.instagram.com/p/BMSRHu-h9Lk/

This is the first look I did using the palette. I used the shade 4 on my crease, shade 3 all over my lid and shade 6 and 9 maybe for the outer corner. It was quite a long time ago so I cannot remember which shade I used and I also used the lip palette as well. #pahfail



https://www.instagram.com/p/BMGLN42BsEt/

Second look is uhhh basically my fave look of all. I loooove this duochrome shade (shade no 8). It is a warm brown-based with green reflective. I basically put a black base on my lid to make it more ummmpppphhhh. I never tried to use it alone, I prefer darker base when using these kind of shades. Weee. Don't ask me what I used in the crease, I can't remember for the life of me. #oldpeople


Okay I'm sorry, I forgot I used what shade. LOL. But it was like super basic and I used the lip palette as well. Uuuu so pwetty right <3


Last look, I was like hey I never did a matte look, so tadaaaa. I used the shade 4 in my crease, shade 6 and 9 on the outer corner and tried to blend it towards the inner corner. Konon macam gradient lah tapi taktau lah jadi ke tidak. Hahaha. Then I decided to put the shade no 2 in my inner corner and that's it!

Now, the lip palette.


The lip colors are one of the reason why I bought them because it's a great bargain, like you have 9 eyeshadows and then you have 9 lip colors??? I mean what is up??? And the lip colors are mostly that I don't really use so I could experiment it on me maybe? LOL. You know I'm just all about n00dz and the colors are gorgeous and quite pigmented too! It's not super pigmented but it's not super sheer. I love it.

I don't have arm swatches but I have lip swatches! Yayyy (actually posted it on my Instagram LOL)


The nudes are gorgeous and the bright, darker colors as well. Ahhhh all colors are soooo gorgeous!

Pros
Affordable, you get eyeshadows and lip colors??? Whaaaa
Decent pigmentation (you get what you paid for)
Beautiful colors/shades
Travel friendly

Cons
Hard to get here in Malaysia
One or 2 eyeshadows are a bit stiff

Final thoughts: Now, I didn't expect to like it as much as I thought because of the first impression but I really love it. I cannot stop using this palette because it has neutral shades and whatnot and it's like super convenient! Ahhhh I cannot say enough about this palette but if you had the chance to buy it, GO GET IT!

Rating: ★★★★☆


So yeah. That is all for tonight.

I hope you guys find this helpful in any way.

Thank you for reading!


.iffahs.


MOOOOOOAAAARRRRR
BH Comestics

No comments:

Post a Comment