Search This Blog

Featured Post

Q&A: Which of The Ordinary Serums That Are Suitable For My Skintype? / What Are Your Recommendations?

Assalamualaikum and hello my lovely Pah people So since I have been selling The Ordinary serums, a lot of people ask me which serum...

Thursday, July 30, 2015

My Skincare Routine: Scrubs & Beauty Masks

Assalamualaikum and hello ladies!


Okay now, part two. Hari tu sembang pasai cleansers, la ni nak sembang pasai scrubs and masks pulak. Because I don't use that many scrubs, so I just combine these two lah. Senang~


Wow that's a lot of products.... Ha ha ha...

I don't want no SCRUBS

So let's talk about face scrubs first because there's only 3 in my possession... Kahkah. Hey, I'm quite picky in searching for these kinda stuff ya know. My skin is quite sensitive so I tend to not purchase too many face scrubs/exfoliators. Unfortunately, I used up my The Body Shop Seaweed Exfoliator that I loved the most, so... This is gonna be dull and sad and... Very sad.



L-R: St Ives Blemish Control Green Tea Scrub, Himalaya Neem Scrub & Clinelle Skin Smoothing Scrub

Okay, first I wanna talk about my fave scrub which is the St Ives Blemish Control Green Tea Scrub. It was recommended by a friend on Twitter, she swore by this product so ya know I just gotta try it. I was looking for a delicate scrub/exfoliator because I just, I don't know. I wanna repurchase the Body Shop one but then again, it is a bit pricey. Omg kedekutnya ko Pah. Maybe I will repurchase it kalau Body Shop ada buat 30% off ke apa ke kahkahkah. For now, aku hold dulu. Eh lari topik.

I have posted a review on this one, please read it here if you haven't. In that post, I mentioned I was on the fence about this scrub and still am but I do wanna repurchase it. Unfortunately, I cannot seem to find it in any Guardian store anymore. I'm not sure if Guardian has stopped bringing them in, I don't know. Seems like I need to find another good scrub. Is this a sign? Like, it's a sign yang aku kena jugak beli Body Shop punyaaa??? Nooooooo~~~~


Okay, the second fave one is the Himalaya Purifying Neem Scrub. I decided to buy this one because I really love this range for the face wash and the mask. I have both of them and I really love them. I've been using the range for quite sometime now but I never actually tried the scrub so yeah.

The scrub is creamy and it's not harsh at all. And of course it smells quite herbally but that didn't bother me at all. I actually like it. It's really moisturizing. Plus the scrub is not densed as the St Ives one, so if you're looking for a delicate scrub, I think you can try this one. Himalaya products are not bad at all, it really suits my skin really nice one. I have never had any problems with them before. Really love it. Recommending this!


The last scrub I wanna talk about is the Clinelle Skin Smoothing Scrub. To be freaking honest, I hate this scrub. I don't know why I bought this. The salesperson letak dekat the back of my hand, thought it felt nice, but NO. NUH-frickin-UH. Salesperson cakap boleh jadi mask jugak but NO. You know why? It sucks. I hate it! *baling tube* Would not recommend this for sensitive skin peeps.


MASK me nicely

Okay we have lots of them so I just combine them together gether. Get your popcorns and Coke and jajan and hotdogs and burgers and fries and pizza (omg lapaq) coz it's gonna be long.


I have posted a review on the Freeman Clay Mask Mint & Lemon previously, you guys can read it here. I love it when I have a blemish attack, I will go for this mask. Now, let's talk about the Avocado & Oatmeal Clay mask. I did my research online and people seem to like it. So I felt the need to buy it. Too bad this does not work for me. Everytime I put it on, I get breakouts. I don't know if that's a good thing or bad, if I get cystic acne, I will stop using that product immediately. Sobs. There goes my money. Actually it's not pricey but you know.. Still... My money flew away....

Just a short note: Clay mask can make your skin feels dry so be sure not to put them too long on your face lah. Otherwise, kalau terlajak tidur masa pakai mask tu make sure you moisturize the shit out of ya face afterwards.


Okay so, I have 2 masks from Yves Rocher. These masks has similar ingredients if I'm not mistaken. It's the fast acting one. Only takes about 3 mins and you're like, done. You do not have to put them for more than 10mins because it is kinda like a clay mask. It dries out fast. So the first one is the Pure System Pore Cleaning Mask. I just bought this recently after a friend recommended it. I use the toner from Pure System and I love it. Posted a review back then, you guys can read it here.

Okay so this mask contains aloe vera and salicylic acid. As yall know, salicylic acid is good for acne-prone skin. Some people said they were using too much of the salicylic acid and it made their skin "immune" with it. I'm not sure, but my skin still reacting to it so yeah. I just use it like 2-3 times, haven't really know is it really effective. I will post a review once I am ready. LOL. Also, this mask feels tingly when you put it on for the first 15 seconds, then after it dries out you won't feel anything. Just in case some of you have sensitive skin... and stuff...

Okay so the next mask is the Sebo Vegetal Purity Mask. Okay this mask contains clay & baikal powder. I don't even know what the f is that. LOL. I googled it, and it is from a plant "baikal skullcap". Ok whatever. Macam faham. Btw, this mask feels tingly too. I also do not use this often, but mostly on my nose. I don't know why. Konon macam boleh kecikkan pores lah. But naaah. Will post a full review soon.

Okay last one is the Simple Kind to Skin Deep Cleansing Face Mask. I have used it quite couple of times and everytime aku pakai je aku breakout gila-gila. Some say it's good kalau kau breakout kononnya macam dia tengah bersihkan kulit but hell no I'm not going through that okay!


**Sorry terleft out Simple punya mask HAHAHAH. Bongoknya Pah.


Now me talkin bout my fave brand of all, Himalaya. Huhu. Yes it is my fave brand, I love Neem face Wash. It suits my skin very well. Didn't have any reactions from it, so yeah. Love. So, this Neem Face Pack is totally my holy grail mask of all. Totally my second HG & fave mask. This is my third tube, I think. Or fourth? I don't know. LOL. I do share this with my sister, she loves it too. I do not have issues with this mask, it is a bit drying. So if you have acne, you can totally use this mask and it will make your acne kurang swollen. Huhu. This mask pon tak boleh tinggai lama-lama, nanti muka jadi kering. Oh yea, the scent is quite strong though. So herbally but it does not bother me at all. La la la la love it.

Second one from Himalaya would be the Almond & Cucumber Peel-off Mask. This is an old one. My older sister bought this few years ago and she didn't really use it. So me & my youngest sister lah yang pakai ni. LOL. Dulu aku suka jugak peel off mask sebab senang takyah cuci muka. Tapi entah lah, malas nak kopek. Muka aku bukannya kecik. Sebab malas, I stopped using this. It did clean my pores but kena rajin lah. Biasa lah. Hahaha.


These are crap, worthless piece of shite. F this, not writing bout it. LOL.

I ragret.


The last mask would be Now European Clay Powder. Okay first I want to apologize. Clay mask ni orang yang jual dulu dah tak jual dah. *sad face*. But this mask so good yall. Again, this is VERY drying.


Aku buat macam style mat saleh, mix it with apple cider vinegar. Aku taktau lah bau apple cider vinegar macam mana but this one yang aku ada ni om bau dia kuat nak mampos sometimes aku pon suffocated. This mask is good once a month lah kot (for me, I have sensitive skin) to remove all that gunks in your face. This is my third fave yo.


Eh tetiba third fave? Mana first fave mask nya Pah? Haaaaaaaa.


HOLY GRAIL & FAVE MASK: HONEY.

Honey is good for your skin, also you can makan it but I don't. It has some taste yang I cannot lah. I mix it with cinnamon ground so it became a face scrub. Note: Cinnamon is drying. But if you mixed it with honey, tak dry langsung and you CAN leave the mask overnight!

The other day I learnt that cinnamon has great benefits for the skin. Plus it's not that expensive pon. Cinnamon ground brand Tesco baru RM6 macam tu. Brand mahal sikit, adalah dalam RM10. Hahaha. But I do love these 2 combo together.

There was one time, I use this mask consistently everyday for 1 month and it was just, ah-may-zing! My acne scars faded, bila apply makeup the next day pon best je. I swear by this. Pi lah try honey & cinnamon mask sekali tengok suka ke tak. Kalau taknak letak cinnamon pon takpe. Pure honey saja pon boleh.

Aku nak try jugak yogurt mask tapi malas. Nantilah. Yogurt pon orang kata best jugak. Ok harus beli nanti. LOL.


Honey & cinnamon mask

Looks like I just murdered someone, but no...

You don't actually need to buy all of these masks, pakai natural ingredient saja dah. Honey has so many benefits, should be enough. Beli mahal-mahal pon bukannya boleh cantik terus kan. Honey pon carik yang betul-betul honey punya. Bukan yang dah campoq dengan gula tu. Sekarang banyak kedai organik or you can get them at pharmacies I think.


So yeah. That's it guys. I hope this helps you ladies in any way. I recommend you guys to try food (fruits/yogurt/honey/oat) as your masks. I know it seems like wasteful, but it's not. If you don't like to eat it, then wear it on your freaking face! Hahiksdjakd. I will link them down below.

Or kalau malas sangat, go buy Lush products. Their masks ada yang from fruits and yogurts and oats... All kinds of food. Hahhahaa. Okay? (Instagram: popandsoap ada jual Lush products)

Thanks for reading


-iffahs


More info:

No comments:

Post a Comment