Search This Blog

Featured Post

Q&A: Which of The Ordinary Serums That Are Suitable For My Skintype? / What Are Your Recommendations?

Assalamualaikum and hello my lovely Pah people So since I have been selling The Ordinary serums, a lot of people ask me which serum...

Thursday, January 28, 2016

My Makeup Stash: Mascaras

Assalamualaikum and hello my beautiful readers!


I have been procrastinating lately and I actually wanted to post this like a long time ago. Like in December? But I was just... LAZY.

Anyways, for this month I wanna share with you my mascara stash. LOL. I do have like tons of mascaras but I'm just gonna share with yall the ones I am using now and have used before (dated back 1 year ago LOL)

1. Essence Get BIG! Lashes Volume Curl Mascara


Link: Essence , Review , Watson's
Description: Curling, volumizing, lengthening, very black. Brush is plush and curved
Price: RM12.60

Curly lashes! The large, curved fiber brush offers maximum volume! Essence Get Big Lashes helps you achieve gorgeous curl and while thickening your lashes. The black texture ensures an intensive look. Opthalmologically tested.

I loooove this mascara. It makes my lashes looked full and long. You do have to be careful with it as it does tends to get clumpy. You have to like brush off excess product then your lashes will look fricking awesome!

Rating: 4/5

2. L'Oreal False Lash Miss Manga Mascara


Link: L'Oreal , ReviewGuardian, Watson's
Description: Curling, volumizing. Cone-shaped brush
Price: RM39.90

L’Oréal Paris Voluminous Miss Manga mascara features a 360 degree flexor brush to build bold volume with high intensity from top to bottom. For the first time, L’Oréal Paris creates a flexible brush with a unique conical shape to catch those hard to reach lashes with an incredibly even application. The Mega Impact Formula instantly builds over-sized volume for 15X lash volume in a flash. Top lashes are amplified and bottom lashes maximized for the ultimate wide-eyed Manga Look.

This mascara gives your lashes tons of volume but also can get a lil clumpy. It's not lengthening. Oh and it's waterproof, so good luck taking them off. LOL. 

Rating: 3/5

3. Dior Diorshow Extase Mascara


Link: Sephora
Description: Volumizing, lengthening. (How do I describe this brush LOL, I think it's almost similar as the Too Faced Better Than Sex one? Maybe)
Price: PRICEY AS F***

I was lucky I got this as a free sample after buying perfume with an online seller. Good lord this mascara costs almost USD30 okay. Bapak mahal. Anyway, this mascara is fricking awesome. I love how my lashes look after I applied this. But of course I won't buy it... It's so expensive........ I never spend more than RM40 for a fricking mascara. LOL. Some people said the L'Oreal Voluminous Mascara is the dupe for this Diorshow Extase but of course we don't have ANY Voluminous range at all. Blerghhh!

Rating: 3.5/5

4. Clio Salon De Cara No 1 Roller Cara


Link: Clio , Review
Description: Volumizing, very black. The brush is literally look like a mini hair roll.
Price: RM65++

I really love this mascara for volume. I always use Essence Plump No Clump mascara first just to separate and then I apply this mascara and my lashes will look naturally full. It's so gorgeous. I love it. It is not waterproof and can get smudgy a little. Other than that, it's a great mascara. I love it.

Rating: 4/5

5. Maybelline Rocket Volum Express Mascara


Link: Maybelline
Description: Volumizing. It has a plastic brush, quite densed.
Price: RM42.25

Maybelline mascaras aren't cheap, but I have been using this mascara over the past 2 years now. It can be pretty clumpy but like I said, I use other mascara to separate my lashes first then baru apply this Rocket Volum. Makes my lashes look fuller, it's bae. It does not wash off pretty easily but it does not smudge on me or flakey at all. I love it.

Rating: 3.5/5

6. Essence Plump No Clump Volume Mascara


Link: Essence
Description: Volumizing. Has a lash separating blush.
Price: RM16.85

This is a great primer mascara. Before you put on any heavy mascara, you guys can apply this. It is a thin mascara so you do have to apply it few times to have some volume but I just use it as a lash base. I love it.

Rating: 4.5/5

7. Maybelline Volum Express The False Lash Smudgeproof


Link: Maybelline
Description: Volumizing. Has a curved, cone shaped brush.
Price: UNKNOWN

I hate this mascara. It was too thick and made my lashes so fricking clumpy. And it was so freaking hard to wash it off. BIG NOPE

Rating: 1/5

8. Maybelline Lash Sensational Mascara


Link: Maybelline , Review , Watson's , Guardian
Description: Fan effect. Has a curved brush
Price: RM39.90

I have posted a review on it. I don't like it but I love the fanned lashes.

Rating: 3/5

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now, I have 3 mascaras that I have used up but wanna mention them here because they are worth mentioning. OK?




Description: Volumizing, curling. Has a normal brush wand
Price: RM12.90

This is a great natural looking lashes mascara. I love to use it everyday. It is quite natural on me even though it's a "volumizing" mascara. Yes, your lashes do look fuller but still pretty natural. I do recommend this mascara for everyday and also it is wudhu' safe. LOL



Pic from Google Image

Description: Volumizing. Has a normal brush wand
Price: RM24

Let me warn ya, this mascara's formula is thin. If you are going to cry in the movies, don't use this mascara! LOL. It is not waterproof at all but it gives decent volume. Natural looking. I think it's the same as the Essence Multi Action Mascara.




Pic from Catrice website

Description: Volumizing. Same brush shape as the Essence Multi Action Mascara.
Price: RM16.90

I love this mascara more than the Essence Multi Action and the Jordana one because the formula is not as wet as them and it gives more volume. Also easy to wash it off.


I forgot to include the mascara inside my travel bag..............




Pic from Catrice website


Description: Volumizing. Spiral bristle brush
Price: RM24.90

It claims that it gives you volumizing, thick, lengthening lashes but it's not. False lash effect? Mehhhh. More like "yea I can see your lashes" kinda thing. I don't hate it nor love it. LOL


So yeah. I hope you guys enjoy this and find it helpful. LOL.

Tips for vavavoom lashes, I always use more than 2 mascaras. My fave combo is the Essence Plump No Clump with Essence Get BIG Lashes mascara and Clio Salon De Cara. Does it clump? NO! It gives such perfect thick and long lashes. LOL.

I know la, what's the point of combining mascaras when you can buy one that can do all? I haven't found "the one" yet. I don't know if I should spend on a high end mascara. I think it's a waste because mascaras only last like 3 months.

So yeah. Thank you for reading.


-iffahs


More mymakeupstash series, HERE


MOOOAAAAARRRR

No comments:

Post a Comment